Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I'm not sitting here saying you have to like it, I'm just saying it makes sense why it keeps happening and why it'll continue to happen because marvel hasn't established logical consistency with his powers. It's why fans can even sit here and talk about what powers they want Blade to have and back it up with on-panel stuff.

and yea, very disappointing ending, especially considering basically every other Avenger has a moment to shine. I feel like Aaron is trying to play a long game here, but sometimes his payoffs can be shallow.

I have faith that other writers will know and care about Blade's character. Aaron's Blade has been grating at me for a while now and I kind of gave it a pass because the vampire story arc was good and that Blade was on a high profile Avengers team. However, the oversimplified take that Blade is just a vampire and the implied self-deprecation he has at times referring to himself as a monster is not how Blade acts or conducts himself.
    The J-man

so did he beat Nighthawk or what? lol..

Mighty Member

I could throw up the scans later, but basically he keeps telling Nighthawk to stop trying because he's just man, compared to someone who's super human/has been through more. Nighthawk uses a vibranium "batarang" to slice through Blade's sword then stabs him in the chest with it. Before Blade can pull it out, Nighthawk presses a button that electrocutes Blade. Blade gets up sizzling and Nighthawk is hunched over grabbing his chest. Nighthawk tells him he's been beaten, Blade monologues about how he started the fight and is going to finish it...then gets decimated by laser vision from Hyperion. He's shown on the ground burning. Next time we see him, he and Thor are helping each other walk over to the battle.

Mighty Member

I guess another big feat is that Blade's supernatural senses were powerful enough to breakthrough reality altering manipulation (which is also unique to Aaron, because he's been pretty susceptible to it in the past before)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so did he beat Nighthawk or what? lol..
    no he lost handily
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    no he lost handily
    ........... oh well..
    more incentive for Blade to take his head off in the future.

Mighty Member

https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-blade-yelena-vanguard/

I was thinking about this during the movie, Guggenheim's Blade was probably the weakest, but he had a lot of cool stories

I see over at DC there is a maxi series about "DC vs vampires"... wow.. wish Marvel would do that.. with Blade at the lead.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/matt...es-in-october/

The J-man

Mighty Member

Finally, I think this is the first Blade centered one shot we've gotten in a while unless you count Blade vs Wolverine.

I so get a little nervous when writers talk about wanting to write the movie version of Blade, but the scenario he's putting Blade in seems pretty unique: https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/exc...khold-blade-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Finally, I think this is the first Blade centered one shot we've gotten in a while unless you count Blade vs Wolverine.

I so get a little nervous when writers talk about wanting to write the movie version of Blade, but the scenario he's putting Blade in seems pretty unique: https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/exc...khold-blade-1/
    cool cover art.
    curious. so will Blade "remember" how the real world was when thrust into this pro-vampire reality? hmm...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    cool cover art.
    curious. so will Blade "remember" how the real world was when thrust into this pro-vampire reality? hmm...
    I couldn't tell from the description. Sounds like his worst nightmare is being king of vampire world (like in that war of the realms tie-in) and fighting some random heroes.

Bassam Tariq will direct the new Blade film.

https://gizmodo.com/mahershala-alis-...tor-1847321712
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-20-2021 at 02:30 AM.

Mighty Member

This is going to be a really good movie