Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Yea im buying that

The J-man

Mighty Member

I'm hoping they incorporate some of Blades comic book moves. His video game appearances tend to lean heavily into the movie. Would love to see him use more supernatural weapons like the hell-fire shot gun, breathing gun, maybe boy-thing for a special attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I'm hoping they incorporate some of Blades comic book moves. His video game appearances tend to lean heavily into the movie. Would love to see him use more supernatural weapons like the hell-fire shot gun, breathing gun, maybe boy-thing for a special attack.
    his modern comic fighting style is similar to his movie fighting style.

Firaxis games are all about equiping different armor and weapons. Hpwever, the items you mentioned are relatively new to Blade. Man-Thing along with providing weapons is also another character so I'm nt sure if he will make the game but you never know. Breathing gun is traditionally associated with another character.

I expect Blade to be well represented
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    his modern comic fighting style is similar to his movie fighting style.

Firaxis games are all about equiping different armor and weapons. Hpwever, the items you mentioned are relatively new to Blade. Man-Thing along with providing weapons is also another character so I'm nt sure if he will make the game but you never know. Breathing gun is traditionally associated with another character.

I expect Blade to be well represented
    Oh interesting, so he might be able to use completely new weapons/upgrades introduced in the game?

And it feels like yesterday, but Blade has been an Avenger for a few years now. They're even pulling from his Avengers armor as his main costume, so maybe it's Avenger Blade we're getting here? Could be a random costume but you never know.

My only issue is the inclusion of Wolverine..??? Iron Man..??? There's a team that was already formidable and they wanted to add flashy heroes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    My only issue is the inclusion of Wolverine..??? Iron Man..??? There's a team that was already formidable and they wanted to add flashy heroes to it.
    Probably just to draw in more casuals. But at least this game looks like it’s going to be its own thing instead of blatantly trying to copy the MCU (I’m looking at you Marvel’s Avengers).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Probably just to draw in more casuals. But at least this game looks like it’s going to be its own thing instead of blatantly trying to copy the MCU (I’m looking at you Marvel’s Avengers).
    I feel like its priming people for the next phase of the Avengers honestly. Blade, Ghost Rider, and the mutants are probably going to have a huge role. The game seems more like a midnight sons/avengers team up. Even then the roster of the midnight sons is always changing.

Maybe if this game is popular enough we can finally get another midnight sons book. A pure one too, cause those mishmashed rosters don't really make sense and it makes the stories hard to track (that's what I think went wrong with strikeforce...so much of it was trying to find a justification for those specific characters thematically, it was just too loose)

The J-man

Incredible Member

Blade's design for the one-shot.

Blade as the lord of vampires

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-announcement

There are some other pages in there too
    Can't help but roll my eyes at that design. Looks like genetic hybrid of a sabre tooth cat, and Sho-Nuff, the Shogun of Harlem, from THE LAST DRAGON.

Not a surprise he's from the mind of the NEW WARRIORS "guy".

Incredible Member

Cool music video from 2018 from the retro synth band, Gunship. Set in the Murder Capital of the World of THE LOST BOYS where Blade, along with Buffy and Seth Gecko. Not too mention THE LOST BOYS' very own sax man, Tim Cappello ,putting in an appearance as well.

Mighty Member

Shout out to Aaron. I don't know if it's Marvel's editors but Blade seems to be the only guy he really cares about continuity for. In this issue he finally connects the threads from Wolverine's vampire arc to Blade and is the first person in a while to reference Blade being in MI13.

IGN has a live stream of the Midnight Suns gameplay right now
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Can't help but roll my eyes at that design. Looks like genetic hybrid of a sabre tooth cat, and Sho-Nuff, the Shogun of Harlem, from THE LAST DRAGON.

Not a surprise he's from the mind of the NEW WARRIORS "guy".
    Dammit! First Night Thrasher, and now Blade. Why do the weirdos seem to be the ones that get brothers on their books.

Shout out to Aaron. I don't know if it's Marvel's editors but Blade seems to be the only guy he really cares about continuity for. In this issue he finally connects the threads from Wolverine's vampire arc to Blade and is the first person in a while to reference Blade being in MI13.
    what comic are you talking about?
    The J-man