Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

the preview for King in Black #3 is cool. It has Blade leading an army of vampires against the venom heroes. No clue why they didn't give Blade a miniseries for this story.

yeah, a miniseries would have made a lot of sense. There should have been at least 3 spinoff miniseries where the heroes got ready to fight Knull, but they just glossed over those storries.
    Last edited by Jabare; 01-14-2021 at 09:31 PM.
    The J-man

Now fully underway, Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman’s KING IN BLACK has taken the entire Marvel Universe by storm! And in April, the year’s most talked-about event will explode in the pages of Jason Aaron’s AVENGERS. Featuring art by Luca Maresca (MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: THE BLACK CAT STRIKES), AVENGERS #45 will star Blade and a vampire army taking on Knull’s forces.
    The vampire hunter has been at the forefront of battles throughout KING IN BLACK and now the vampire hunter will pay a dark price that will change his world forever. Setting up Blade and the Avengers for what’s to come, AVENGERS #45 is a key chapter in the KING IN BLACK saga that fans won’t want to miss. Check out the cover by Cory Smith below!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-king-in-black
    The J-man

Mighty Member

This is exactly what i wanted and I guess they wanted to save it for the Avengers. They are really upping Blade as a threat, when you consider the arsenal he's used and now throwing the vampires behind him? This should be very interesting. Has the potential to be the biggest Blade story ever.

It's long overdue. Since Blade's rise in popularity from the first films, some comic writers understood why and wrote him accordingly, but others didn't. Now I think Marvel editorial realizes what makes Blade tick (finally). He needs to be "that vampire hunter." The best at what he does. That one-man army that wrecks shop and doesn't play around. They've got the look down. No more weird hair cut or scalp tattoo, no more robot hand or dumb father origin. They've got the swag down.

At times I've wondered if Blade needed a supporting character, someone to operate as his weapons handler, his Lucius Fox, or his Q. I guess, if his arsenal doesn't get too crazy, he doesn't need it, especially if Marvel is still somewhat acknowledging those Tomb of Dracula stories and Midnight Son stories. Modern Blade will team up with the situation that calls for it but otherwise, he's a loaner.

also CBR just dropped a video with Blade and Morbius

I give this a 0% chance of happening

and here's an image from King in Black #3 that Tracks was talking about. I strongly recommend checking out this event as Tracks said there are some huge potential ramifications for Blade's character.

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...ack-3-preview/
    Last edited by Jabare; 01-17-2021 at 09:32 AM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    the preview for King in Black #3 is cool. It has Blade leading an army of vampires against the venom heroes. No clue why they didn't give Blade a miniseries for this story.
    Hey, cause reasons!!??? Considering we got time for Doctor Doom/Iron Man Christmas specials which read as a throwaway issue. I don't see why they can't afford a mini unless they have much big plans for Blade and the Vampire Nation.

Mighty Member

Youre right. Also I kinda like that instead of giving Blade a revolving cast of characters that disappear (we should do a roll call of best Blade side characters that vanished) he's basically using the Avengers for tech. Like in Strikeforce he just had Ironman and Black Panther create a tracker for him.

If Nightshade is still alive, I could see her helping Blade out with some technology weapons and helpful gadgets. Since she used to create werewolves on occasion, he might want to keep her close by to keep an eye on her. lol.

Mighty Member

I actually kinda like the Blade/Hellstrom stories we've gotten, cause Hellstrom has equipped him with some pretty cool magical gear. You can tell marvel comics was planning for the Spirits of Vengeance Hulu series with how many stories Blade, Ghost Rider, and Hellstrom have been in together.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

looks great athough that king in black tie in, as much as Im happy that Dracula(likely to be the left next to Blade the coloring is way too dark for him to have white hair like he currently has) has black hair and tuxedo again, he just need his facial hair and he's good, especially since now he looks more like Morlun dressed like that.

Mighty Member

Marvel Voices preview

I hope this isn't another boring story where he kills random vampires easily.

^^^^^ Intriguing. Who is the writer and artist?
    whether team or solo, more stuff from Blade is needed. Halloween specials, Christmas specials, etc.

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a solo/mini/maxi series yet. Maybe they're waiting on the movie to drop first.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The J-man