Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I haven't seen anyone touch it after the Guggenheim arcs were over. So kinda sorta "ignored" but "retconned" I'm not sure.
    He should never touch Blade again.(even if the Blade vs Wolverine one shot was cool) Honestly what the hell was he thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This is a good tribute

also, the Darkhold Blade Oneshot is out next week. Still not thrilled about his look

Okay....so, are we going to talk about Blade sportin' the Rick James?? Damn the merits of this book, lol.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

He can team up with Shang-chi. A younger version of himself in a Shang Chi movie. Maybe 20 minute opening scene just to introduce him and them both taking down vampires in China Town. He can graduate to his own film. Maybe Wesley can guest in it, and come from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    He should never touch Blade again.(even if the Blade vs Wolverine one shot was cool) Honestly what the hell was he thinking?
    I will NEVER forgive Guggenheim for that Blade run and having such terrible art behind those beautiful covers. How you got my man looking like Wesley Snipes on the cover but somebody's uncle in the actual book?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I will NEVER forgive Guggenheim for that Blade run and having such terrible art behind those beautiful covers. How you got my man looking like Wesley Snipes on the cover but somebody's uncle in the actual book?
    That art was as disgusting as the white daddy. That shit needs to be retcon in his next solo series.

Mighty Member

Check out that Eternals post credit scene

What's the difference between Blade: Black and White & Blade: Undead by Daylight? They both seem to be classic Blade stories. I'm interested in reading them.

Mighty Member

Theyre both collections of different Blade stories (I think both have Crescent City Blues), they're not unique stories themselves.

Also no one else excited that Blade is officially in the MCU?

also maybe we have Jamal Afari cast

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...source=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Theyre both collections of different Blade stories (I think both have Crescent City Blues), they're not unique stories themselves.

I know I'm in the minority but I find most MCU films grossly overated and over hyped. I also would've preferred a different type of Blade(and we still might get that) but from what I seen in Eternals it seems Ali is doing his best Wesley impression and in that case I would've rather see Wesley get a proper send off. My two cents.

I'm pulling for Jamal Afari. I keep hearing people say Snipes should play Whistler and I'm like nah. Give me Afari.

[

I hope that it is Jamahl Afari. So many people don't even know about that character-- or the fact that New Line/Warner owns Whistler, lol. I imagine there may be some initial internet breakage ("they made Whistler black!") and that sort of thing.. It would be great to see a blues/jazz musician who is a vampire hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    [

I hope that it is Jamahl Afari. So many people don't even know about that character-- or the fact that New Line/Warner owns Whistler, lol. I imagine there may be some initial internet breakage ("they made Whistler black!") and that sort of thing.. It would be great to see a blues/jazz musician who is a vampire hunter.
    But didn't Whistler first debut in Spider Man the animated series?

But didn't Whistler first debut in Spider Man the animated series?
    I'll see if I can find a direct reference. Haven't found much but the item below. But reading certain interviews of the past, according to David Goyer, he had written the Blade 1 script, circa 1994-ish, then during the x number of years in development, somehow Avi Arad got hold of it relating to the Spider-Man 90s cartoon show (premiering late 1994), casually decided that Whistler was cool (possibly not realizing that Marvel proper didn't own him) and brought him into the cartoon. New Line threatened to sue but Goyer claims he talked them out of it.

https://www.quotemaster.org/q9379fc5...5749fa7965e0d8

Mighty Member

I know I'm in the minority but I find most MCU films grossly overated and over hyped. I also would've preferred a different type of Blade(and we still might get that) but from what I seen in Eternals it seems Ali is doing his best Wesley impression and in that case I would've rather see Wesley get a proper send off. My two cents.

I'm pulling for Jamal Afari. I keep hearing people say Snipes should play Whistler and I'm like nah. Give me Afari.
    I know people are split on Eternals, but I liked it because it seemed like a very different direction, so it gave me hope they'd be willing to experiment more in the future.

With Ali's Blade, I actually think he'll probably take the character in a very different direction. He was interviewed saying he was stressed thinking through the creative decisions he had to make on the character this soon. Even just in that one line, seems like his Blade is more poised than Wesley's.

Can't help but Wesley's Blade would've said something more like "Don't be a dumbass Wittman" or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

Wonderful news if that is the case