Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

The J-man

Mighty Member

interesting, so Blade is the only one who remembers the old world

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    interesting, so Blade is the only one who remembers the old world
    hopefully he retains his memory after it's all over. and has lots of good action scenes in the meanwhile.

Mighty Member

i'm wondering why he might be the only one to retain his memory. i know aaron isn't big on continuity that he didn't establish so maybe boy-thing protects him somehow. it looks really cool though

Is this going to erase Blade becoming king of the vampires, sucking blood or whatever Faustian bargain he has to make for King in Black?
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Is this going to erase Blade becoming king of the vampires, sucking blood or whatever Faustian bargain he has to make for King in Black?
    I'm hoping the bargain isn't something annoying like he just has to leave the vampire nation alone for their help. it looks like in the same month Wolverine and some other vampire hunter are having some massive showdown with Dracula and the vampire nation.

Marvel Hints Blade Will Hunt Infinity Ring-Powered, Vampire Thanos
    https://screenrant.com/thanos-infini...marvel-reborn/

I totally overlooked this. I'm speechless
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I wonder which of these plots we'll see on film in some way. You have to think with Blade in so many events, some of them will make it to the big screen. Damnation for sure, but this one seems too out there for a movie.

Still, it's great to have Blade so central

I'm not sure if any of these new plots will make it in. The films in development and they are taking a more Black Panther approach to crafting the script and giving it a more nuanced direction. At least that is what I hear through the grapevine
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm not sure if any of these new plots will make it in. The films in development and they are taking a more Black Panther approach to crafting the script and giving it a more nuanced direction. At least that is what I hear through the grapevine
    Fair, and Black Panther really didn't pick up on any specific plot. Just mixed everything together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I wonder which of these plots we'll see on film in some way. You have to think with Blade in so many events, some of them will make it to the big screen. Damnation for sure, but this one seems too out there for a movie.

Still, it's great to have Blade so central
    I don't think they really make it into big screen BUT I what I do see happening is them being comfortable with using Blade on a team like the Avengers on the big screen when in the past he felt like unconventional choice. I said in another thread they finally figured out that Blade could be "Wolverine". That doesn't mean he is a clone of Wolverine but if you need a badass loner type who doesn't fit with a team you don't have to run and use Wolverine for that anymore.

ah.. I noticed Thanos had the sharpish teeth, but didn't make the connection right away. Neat.

I'd love if there ended up being several violent battles between Blade and Thanos. Whenever this is all "over" the rivalry needs to be carried into the 616 continuity.

After waiting in the shadows, and being on the outer peripheral somewhat, it's great to see Blade really get some heavy investment into the Marvel landscape of more prominent heroes. It goes to further confirm that having an advocate in the higher level matters so much. I then wonder if this means nobody really has T'Challa's back.

Starring Blade...

Written by Danny Lore
    Art by Valentine de Landro
    Colors by Dan Brown
    “I was in middle school when I got my first exposure to Blade, in the movie, and from then on, he's represented the height of Black Cool for me," notes Lore. "How could I not choose to write a story that, in a lot of ways, is about the way that Blade affected me as a young kid in the Bronx and Harlem? While this isn't a meta tale, it's as much about his effect on me as a hero as it is about the kids in the story.”
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I don't think they really make it into big screen BUT I what I do see happening is them being comfortable with using Blade on a team like the Avengers on the big screen when in the past he felt like unconventional choice. I said in another thread they finally figured out that Blade could be "Wolverine". That doesn't mean he is a clone of Wolverine but if you need a badass loner type who doesn't fit with a team you don't have to run and use Wolverine for that anymore.
    That's a good point. Since the two first met in that last Blade series, during Civil War around 2006, there has been a natural synergy. Wolverine popped up in his anime; they had that Oneshot, Blade even appeared in a forgettable X-23 comic.

There's been the call to make Blade a more general supernatural hunter, which Marvel has done in Mighty Avengers, Strikeforce, and that Thor event. When you take his look at his skill set, you realize Blade can fit in many scenarios. Eric's got the general BAMF and martial artist base, stats-wise he's up there with Spider-Man, and he's pretty unique to the MU and pop culture.
    The J-man