Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

So with Deadpool 3 being confirmed to be rated R, I now have no doubt that Blades MCU film will be Rated R. And does anyone think we’ll see Dracula as the villain?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

I'm hoping we don't. Dracula is such a big scale villain, I feel like they should build up. But at the same time, most of the other movies went with huge villains to start (kill monger, red skull, dormammu, loki, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I'm hoping we don't. Dracula is such a big scale villain, I feel like they should build up. But at the same time, most of the other movies went with huge villains to start (kill monger, red skull, dormammu, loki, etc.)
    Yeah, I kind of see the wisdom of slowing building up toward Dracula. That even allows for creating new villains and a supporting cast.

Also, family it's starting to look like Blade has some heavy focus coming up, and I really can't wait to see where this takes our guy. What do y'all think Marvel should plot out long-term for Blade?
    Last edited by dkrook; 01-29-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah, I kind of see the wisdom of slowing building up toward Dracula. That even allows for creating new villains and a supporting cast.

Also, family it's starting to look like Blade has some heavy focus coming up, and I really can't wait to see where this takes our guy. What do y'all think Marvel should plot out long-term for Blade?
    In terms of supporting cast, I wonder if they’ll make Fallon Grey canon. If they do, I think they’ll get rid of the long lost daughter angle.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Yea he's had a role in the past few events, save for Empyre but only because the tie-in he was going to be a part of got cancelled. I'm really hoping they pick up on some of the themes that the last solo was supposed to in terms of giving him a break from only fighting vampires. I like some of the threads that have been left by the other books:

He's owed a favor from Heaven after Spirits of Vengeance, and he's been pretty involved in the last few Ghost Rider stories, so there's something there. Also he and Angela connecting to fight more of those demons things from Strikeforce at the end of that series.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So with Deadpool 3 being confirmed to be rated R, I now have no doubt that Blades MCU film will be Rated R. And does anyone think we’ll see Dracula as the villain?

I hope there's a better Dracula than Blade Trinity.

These are the vampires I'd like to see in th esecond Blade movie

can we wait at least two moves before we get Fallon Gray. I'm not opposed to Blade having a daughter I'd just like at least two films to flush Blade out before he goes straight Dad mode.

I'm curious if they will tie Blade to Jamal Afari or if he'll be connected to Van Helsing or a Whistler type character.

I've always imagned Blade being at odds with an old sect of vampire hunters. They need him because he's the best and the only one that can go toe to toe with Vampires and supernatural monsters on an equal footing. But because he's a dhampir or an abominaiton in their eyes they'd always have a level of contempt, hate and distrust towards him.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they just let all that die. Wasn't that back when they were trying to make Blade a tv show?

Mighty Member

I kinda like this new look for Blade

REBORN #1 will welcome readers to a world where Tony Stark never built the Iron Man armor. Where Thor is a hard-drinking atheist who despises hammers. Where Wakanda is dismissed as a myth. And where Captain America was never found in the ice because there were no Avengers to find him. Instead, this world has always been protected by Earth’s Mightiest Heroes: the Squadron Supreme of America. And now, the Squadron faces an attack from some of their fiercest enemies, including Dr. Juggernaut, the Black Skull, the Silver Witch and Thanos with his Infinity Rings. But why is the Daywalker Blade the only man alive who seems to remember that the entire world has somehow been…reborn?

In REBORN #2, make way for the adventures of Marvel’s Mightiest Megastar, the all-powerful Hyperion! When America’s solar-powered, super-sentinel of liberty looks to return his archenemy Victor Von Doom to the Negative Zone, mighty Hyperion must deal with a breakout of his most powerful enemies, such as Ultron, General Annihilus, and the Immortal Hulk. Plus: a special backup tale starring Blade, Earth’s last living vampire.

In REBORN #3, brace yourself for chaos magic at Mach 5! Blur, the swiftest mortal alive, must win a race through the mind-bending Dread Dimension in order to save his soul from the hypersonic hexes of the Speedster Supreme, the Silver Witch. Plu: a back-up tale takes us inside the dark secrets of the Ravencroft Asylum and its newest inmate, the Phoenix.

And finally in REBORN #4, Doctor Spectrum, equipped with the cosmic might of his Power Prism, has become the most feared lawman in the heavens. But now the dark forces of deep space have sent the galaxy’s most notorious bounty hunter to end Spectrum once and for all. That’s right, here comes Rocket Raccoon! Plus: in a backup tale, the all-new Starbrand finds herself alone in a strange new universe.
    Last edited by Tracks; 02-01-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    These are the vampires I'd like to see in th esecond Blade movie

can we wait at least two moves before we get Fallon Gray. I'm not opposed to Blade having a daughter I'd just like at least two films to flush Blade out before he goes straight Dad mode.

I'm curious if they will tie Blade to Jamal Afari or if he'll be connected to Van Helsing or a Whistler type character.

I've always imagned Blade being at odds with an old sect of vampire hunters. They need him because he's the best and the only one that can go toe to toe with Vampires and supernatural monsters on an equal footing. But because he's a dhampir or an abominaiton in their eyes they'd always have a level of contempt, hate and distrust towards him.
    Jamal Afari would be the only element that I would keep from his old support cast, and would proced to build new supporting characters that are cool, but it's not necessary to keep them around to long. Dr. Strange gotta be one. Elsa Bloodstone maybe?

Jamal Afari would be the only element that I would keep from his old support cast, and would proced to build new supporting characters that are cool, but it's not necessary to keep them around to long. Dr. Strange gotta be one. Elsa Bloodstone maybe?
    Cool ideas. If we are talking for a comic solo, they could certainly be featured in Blade's book; although, I feel like they are more team-up material, especially Strange.

Given the stories over the last few years, I feel Blade has decent connections with:

Doctor Strange, Werewolf by Night, Man-Thing, Boy-Thing, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Angela, Doctor Voodoo, Spectrum, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Satana, Hellstrom

If we just stick with the Supernatural characters, his team up or supporting comic characters should be either:

-Doctor Strange
    -Doctor Voodoo
    -Man-Thing
    -Werewolf by Night
    -Satana
    -Angela
    -Hellstrom
    -Ghost Rider
    -Boy-Thing

Maybe take of Angela or Man-Thing, but I think 4 or 5 of those members alongside Blade makes a great team up movie, book, or animation. If we are talking for a Blade solo, I think Strange and Ghost Rider are a little too big to be his supporting, but any of the others would work because that exposure would be a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

I kinda like this new look for Blade
    nice artwork!
    The J-man

Mighty Member

They got a writer for the Blade movie and she's one of the women that wrote Watchmen (honestly I think watchmen was one of the best comicbook based shows in a LONG time). This movie could be all time good.

I'm not going to overhype it. I hope its good and the fight scenes are on point. Will see what we get

also in Venom news:

The J-man

Mighty Member

i'm definitely going to overhype it! I honestly haven't been too disappointed with a marvel movie yet, other than some of the original ones that seemed boring. I really think they're going to make this unique and getting this writer on board is the first step. I mean we've got an emmy award winning writer and and oscar award winning actor so far.

also that last image is dope

I think some folks concerns will inevitably be will it be rated R or PG-13? My personal preference is PG-13 with an unrated DVD cut. But who knows. With the MPAA's rules about "blood shed", "skin penetration" and the like, I have no idea how this would be managed as of 2022. (which is why I suppose Marvel may have initially wanted this as a series.. but hopefully they can still do that with Mahershala...) And I suspect there may likely be some racial bias in how the movie is rated. Marvel execs need to be prepared to fight an unfair rating.

Wesley's spirit should absolutely inform the role but I hope Mahershala is allowed to make his own Blade personality. But of course, still being a badazz...

should the blood-thirst/serum angle still be a thing for MCU Blade? Hmm..
    I want to see some new weapons and martial arts moves.

I am in support of MCU Blade eventually meeting the new Avengers and teaming up.