Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I think some folks concerns will inevitably be will it be rated R or PG-13? My personal preference is PG-13 with an unrated DVD cut. But who knows. With the MPAA's rules about "blood shed", "skin penetration" and the like, I have no idea how this would be managed as of 2022. (which is why I suppose Marvel may have initially wanted this as a series.. but hopefully they can still do that with Mahershala...) And I suspect there may likely be some racial bias in how the movie is rated. Marvel execs need to be prepared to fight an unfair rating.

Wesley's spirit should absolutely inform the role but I hope Mahershala is allowed to make his own Blade personality. But of course, still being a badazz...

should the blood-thirst/serum angle still be a thing for MCU Blade? Hmm..
    I want to see some new weapons and martial arts moves.

I am in support of MCU Blade eventually meeting the new Avengers and teaming up.
    Deadpool 3 is going to be rated r so there’s no excuse to why MCU Blade can’t be as well. And does anyone think that Jordan Peele would be a good choice for the director of this movie?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Deadpool 3 is going to be rated r so there’s no excuse to why MCU Blade can’t be as well. And does anyone think that Jordan Peele would be a good choice for the director of this movie?
    we'll see... 2022's rated R might not be 1989's rated R.. lol..

Mr. Peele would be cool-- has he ever expressed interest in Marvel/superhero films in his interviews? he seems to have so many projects in the mix...

So how should vampire "deaths" be dealt with on-screen? For years now one standard has been "ashing", with CGI dust in the mix. But that wasn't always the case, especially in literature and film. In some interpretations, a staking merely immobilizes a vampire, with beheading or exposure to the sun as the only way to actually kill them. The Blade movies also deemphasized wooden stakes, and had silver be the standard.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 02-10-2021 at 03:24 PM.

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    we'll see... 2022's rated R might not be 1989's rated R.. lol..

Mr. Peele would be cool-- has he ever expressed interest in Marvel/superhero films in his interviews? he seems to have so many projects in the mix...

So how should vampire "deaths" be dealt with on-screen? For years now one standard has been "ashing", with CGI dust in the mix. But that wasn't always the case, especially in literature and film. In some interpretations, a staking merely immobilizes a vampire, with beheading or exposure to the sun as the only way to actually kill them. The Blade movies also deemphasized wooden stakes, and had silver be the standard.
    I don't even see where else you could take the death scenes. If you want to be extra they could show them bleeding out profusely due to blood being their only diet, and then they poof into dust.

I'd greatly prefer another director over Jordan Peele

The J-man

Mighty Member

I'd love to see Misha Green. You get two of the people behind lovecraft and watchmen behind Mahershala's Blade? That'd be special.

gonna grab this tomorrow

Last edited by Jabare; 02-23-2021 at 10:40 PM.
    The J-man

The J-man

Mighty Member

these were a bunch of nice stories. they were all heart-warming. I like that Blade has slowly become less vengeful over time, and now genuinely seems to be motivated to protect. They brought this up in the Avengers run too, when Xarus asks him if he actually cares about humans.

Mighty Member

I dont think he knows yet. They just brought on the writer and there's no way Blade hits that 2022 date.

The original Blade movie is still a great, fun movie. Perfect? No. But so damn close. I rewatch that thing pretty frequently.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I don't know why people are stressing the R rating. If it wasn't for the F-bombs the original movies wouldn't even be considered R by today's standards. Even the suggestive material in there isn't that strong.

I'm keeping an open mind to everything because I'm anticipating a slightly different Blade. I love Blade I have a set image and expectations for him, but I'm trying to go in with an open mind. I like Mahershala Ali, I still can't really envision him as Blade but I'm going in with an open mind, and based on a lot of the little nuggest Tracks has been dropping they could be trying to do a littl emore with Blade then we anticipate.

Going in with an open mind and tempered expectations. Hopefully they knock it out of the park, but until I hear any real news about the movie or see some stills I'm not gonna overhype anything
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't know why people are stressing the R rating. If it wasn't for the F-bombs the original movies wouldn't even be considered R by today's standards. Even the suggestive material in there isn't that strong.

I'm keeping an open mind to everything because I'm anticipating a slightly different Blade. I love Blade I have a set image and expectations for him, but I'm trying to go in with an open mind. I like Mahershala Ali, I still can't really envision him as Blade but I'm going in with an open mind, and based on a lot of the little nuggest Tracks has been dropping they could be trying to do a littl emore with Blade then we anticipate.

Going in with an open mind and tempered expectations. Hopefully they knock it out of the park, but until I hear any real news about the movie or see some stills I'm not gonna overhype anything
    that makes sense. i'm also excited because I always thought Mahershala would be a perfect Blade for some reason. I think he's just always reminded me of Wesley for some reason (he had an interview a while back where he said people used to compare him to Wesley growing up).

I agree about the R rating though. Kinda seems like people want it on principle, but there's nothing narrative wise that really requires it. Dracula Untold was a mediocre movie, but I think that had the kind of graphic action scenes people would want, and it was PG-13.

throwback

The J-man