Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

https://www.cbr.com/blade-movie-rebo...grey-daughter/

casting call for the upcoming Blade reboot starring Mahershala Ali may tease the arrival of the Daywalker's daughter, Fallon Grey.

Murphy's Multiverse reported that a call went out for a teenage girl named Ruby, described as "thoughtful, serious, and burdened by growing up in a complex world." No further details were given on the character. While nothing is known about the plot of Marvel's take on the vampire-killing hero, fans have long wondered if a younger version of Blade, like his daughter, could appear in the film and provide the MCU with yet another teen legacy hero. As is often the case with casting calls, the name "Ruby" could be a cover for the character's actual name or just a movie update on the source material.
    I'm hoping that 'Ruby' is just... Ruby. I'm very much not feeling Blade having a daughter now and shoehorning in an absentee father angle (bad look for a black hero in particular), plus there's inevitable "Black Buffy" fan talk about spinoffs, and the risk of sidelining the main character by introducing an all new person (see Blade Trinity, the Nightstalkers) instead of concentrating on the new Blade's context in the MCU (and whoever the villain is), and an extremely bad risk of pushing the franchise in a semi-comedy direction for the sake of humor. "Fallon" to date has never seen a printed comic, why are some people treating it like canon? It's not even a "What If?" story yet...

Mighty Member

I think people have been throwing this daughter into every conversation about this movie. The idea has been dead for years. I can't think of any other marvel movie where they went so far off script as to introduce a completely new superhero in the origin story.

If I had to guess who Ruby's name is code for, it'd definitely be Elsa Bloodstone

Fantastic Member

Considering that film Blade pretty heavily rejects the idea of joining vampires or their culture, I find it pretty ironic that his sword seems to have what look like vampire symbols on it. In fact, I assume he only bothered to learn the vampire language so that they couldn't use it and hide information from him.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I'm hoping we don't. Dracula is such a big scale villain, I feel like they should build up.
    Yep. It might be better to start off with smaller foe first with Dracula in the background.

Perhaps start with Deacon Frost or Baron Blood or Blackout. You can then move onto super big boss Vamp's like Dracula, Varnae and Draconis.

The first Blade film had a awesome opening sequence with the Vampire club. It would be cool if Marvel's Blade opened with Blade taking down Yardie vampire crime lord Steppin Razor and his gang in a Predator 2 type slaughter.

Mighty Member

first time we've seen Blade and Black Knight together since MI:13. Aaron's run has been fun, the only thing that bugs me is he doesn't seem to care about continuity all that much. Blade doesn't really interact or seem to care about Dane being half dead, but he somehow recognizes American Eagle who he's never met.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    Considering that film Blade pretty heavily rejects the idea of joining vampires or their culture, I find it pretty ironic that his sword seems to have what look like vampire symbols on it. In fact, I assume he only bothered to learn the vampire language so that they couldn't use it and hide information from him.
    It’s never explicitly said in the films but I’m pretty sure I read in some official materials that the sword is an old vampire slaying weapon that was given to him.

I’m sure Blade makes it his business to learn everything he possibly can about his enemies
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I know he gets some focus in the main series, but I wish they'd just give him a mini series already

can they stop calling him a vampire. Aaron's been doing this with his writing where he's basically saying Blade is a vampire and I find it annoying
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    can they stop calling him a vampire. Aaron's been doing this with his writing where he's basically saying Blade is a vampire and I find it annoying
    I mean ... he is half vampire right, to some regards - because of what happened?

The Vampire Wanderer sounds more exciting than The Human Wanderer.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I mean ... he is half vampire right, to some regards - because of what happened?

The Vampire Wanderer sounds more exciting than The Human Wanderer.
    Dhampir would be the more accurate term though I don't think it is common vernacular so "The Vampire Wanderer" would probably still attract more eyes than "The Dhampir Wanderer".

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    Dhampir would be the more accurate term though I don't think it is common vernacular so "The Vampire Wanderer" would probably still attract more eyes than "The Dhampir Wanderer".
    Isn't a Dhampir - when the child is born of a vampire and human through sexual manner (conceiving).

Where as for Blade, his mother was a prostitute who was pregnant when Deacon Frost feed off of her - passing the vampire gene into her bloodline and into Blade (who was not yet born).

So it wasn't that Deacon and Blade's mother had sex - it was the enzymes (or however you want to explain it) being passed through the blood.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Isn't a Dhampir - when the child is born of a vampire and human through sexual manner (conceiving).

Where as for Blade, his mother was a prostitute who was pregnant when Deacon Frost feed off of her - passing the vampire gene into her bloodline and into Blade (who was not yet born).

So it wasn't that Deacon and Blade's mother had sex - it was the enzymes (or however you want to explain it) being passed through the blood.
    Yeah, the formal definition is what you said, through conception like with Alucard from Castlevania. However, some fandoms generally use Dhampir to describe half-vampire, half-human which is what Blade is due to Deacon Frost transferring the Vampirism through the bloodstream while Blade was still in the womb.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 03-06-2021 at 07:10 PM. Reason: corrected some typos

Spectacular Member

Blade having a daughter would be cool, can't wait for his next film in the MCU

Mighty Member

Kinda cool to see Wandavision dig deeper into the corner of the marvel universe that Blade's gonna be operating in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Kinda cool to see Wandavision dig deeper into the corner of the marvel universe that Blade's gonna be operating in.
    Yeah, honesty I'm really wondering if Blade will be introduced in the Doctor Strange movie. It would be cool if Blade used Strange and maybe a few other movies to recruit a supernatural Avengers ala Fury.