Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Let's put it this way
    You don't have to explain yourself further. I understood you. I just can't fathom myself disagreeing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they got Kid-Arachnid merchandise out there so I guess they can't see it as a total loss
    All of that merchandise should be burned and treated as contraband. Abominations. Miles is Spider-Man, and whole world agrees.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-11-2021 at 04:42 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Anyways, since I've already brought it up here, and it'll apparently be a big aspect of the upcoming Superman run (even starting in Infinite Frontier), I wonder if PKJ will use the Rucka and Bendis created Unity Project that Lois founds in her book to address Jon's mental health after the absolutely nuts life he's had?

Here's what Lois and the nun lady say about the project in the last issue of her book: "but in the very rare cases where we do (interact with alternate worlds), this fracturing of our continuity of self can be traumatic." "The Unity Project exists to help reconcile those cases of broken identity. To help those who are suffering from this fracturing to find a way to heal."

Based on what PKJ said about all the crazy multiverse and time travel that's happen to Jon literally from moment one of his life has left him as a sort of "man out of time" and "without and anchor", I'm wondering if he'll get treatment from this place? PKJ did say that he's not erasing anything from Bendis' run, and he does bring up Fraction and Ruck's books in conversation.

It would be so cool to see a superhero-- a Superman/Superboy no less getting help like this. And most of all, I love how it's upscaled so that he'd be basically getting "super therapy" for mental issues that only someone like him could have to deal with.
    Better that than Sanctuary.

Sanctuary was a good idea and the therapy panels are mostly great. The problem was the only story about being about it's destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Sanctuary was a good idea and the therapy panels are mostly great. The problem was the only story about being about it's destruction.
    I think Sanctuary was a good idea but what we see of it just seemed ill-advised and ineffective.
    All of that merchandise should be burned and treated as contraband. Abominations. Miles is Spider-Man, and whole world agrees.
    This is why I feel they need to stop putting Miles in Peter shows unless he's just a one-off or a non-reccuring character who can do his own stuff as Spider-Man.

Better that than Sanctuary.
    If PKJ himself doesn't do it, then I bet Bendis does it if/when he gets Jon on his Justice League book. Naomi would likely even join him at the facility due to her already being in therapy before finding out about herself, and her likely having a ton of unresolved issues about where she's from.

I said this to friend of mine the other day, but I fully believe there's a pretty solid chance of Bendis writing Jon long term again in much the same way he wrote Luke Cage-- both without ever writing them in a solo. I feel like Justice League might be that.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-11-2021 at 06:59 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

If PKJ himself doesn't do it, then I bet Bendis does it if/when he gets Jon on his Justice League book. Naomi would likely even join him at the facility due to her already being in therapy before finding out about herself, and her likely having a ton of unresolved issues about where she's from.

I said this to friend of mine the other day, but I fully believe there's a pretty solid chance of Bendis writing Jon long term again in much the same way he wrote Luke Cage-- both without ever writing them in a solo. I like Justice League might be that.
    I guess if Clark is going to be written off to space they can't really keep him on the League unless we get into DCYou level of continuity.

It would be very ANAD for the main Superhero team to start collecting teengers...

I guess if Clark is going to be written off to space they can't really keep him on the League unless we get into DCYou level of continuity.

It would be very ANAD for the main Superhero team to start collecting teengers...
    I think they're going for a multi generational thing. Each generation is represented, and with the addition of Jon and Tim that would add round out the youngest gen alongside Naomi. It's basically the DC timeline as a team.

You saying that maybe we'll not only get Superman on space on his solo comic, where he will not be stuck with fighting Lex Luthor or Toyman and actually be able to use his powers in interesting ways, but he will also be out of the JL and not getting one shoted every couple arcs to promote some villain?
    Great.

About the whole kryptonian, half-kryptonian power levels, I like to think it's like viltrumites and half-viltrumites from Invincible, the kryptonian dna is so more powerful than the human, that a hybrid is basically 99.99999% kryptonian and with not discernible differences when it comes to power levels.
    Mark Grayson maybe is more powerful than Omni-Man, maybe not, the fact is that he won fights against enemies that his father couldn't, but it wasn't because of some secret power or some untapped potential, he just fought and won, maybe because he was younger, maybe because he was a better fighter.

I think all the full amd half kryptonians are using the same amount of power, just in different ways. Kon with lower physical power but raising up to everyone else's level using his TTK, Jon is slightly lower then when feels beastly (mental state) goes a little higher, but still the same level as the others. Pretty simple if DC keeps it simple, but we all knkw they won't
    Last edited by SuperX; 01-11-2021 at 07:17 PM.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I said this to friend of mine the other day, but I fully believe there's a pretty solid chance of Bendis writing Jon long term again in much the same way he wrote Luke Cage-- both without ever writing them in a solo. I like Justice League might be that.
    Jon joining the justice league after PKJ's big event he keeps teasing makes sense. And I do hope someone eventually bothers to show us more of what Jon's earth 3 life was like, since Bendis never did..

I could see all three of the Trinity getting replaced on the League in the present day by their successors. Jon taking over for Clark, Fox for Wayne, and Yara would be replacing Hippolyta since Diana is already out of the picture. But I don’t know how long that would last, and Bendis typically prefers to push characters he created himself such as Naomi over others (though there are exceptions).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I could see all three of the Trinity getting replaced on the League in the present day by their successors. Jon taking over for Clark, Fox for Wayne, and Yara would be replacing Hippolyta since Diana is already out of the picture. But I don’t know how long that would last, and Bendis typically prefers to push characters he created himself such as Naomi over others (though there are exceptions).
    Fox is probably dependent on how long Tynion stays on Batman because, while he seems to be playing with supporting Ridley's Future State stuff, he seems on-board writing Bruce as Batman in the long-term.

I don't see Wonder Girl on the League. I think she'd be kind of redundant with Naomi as the "girl" of the team even if she's there as the Wonder rep.

Fox is probably dependent on how long Tynion stays on Batman because, while he seems to be playing with supporting Ridley's Future State stuff, he seems on-board writing Bruce as Batman in the long-term.

I don't see Wonder Girl on the League. I think she'd be kind of redundant with Naomi as the "girl" of the team even if she's there as the Wonder rep.
    It depends on how old Yara will be when she debuts in the present, but Jon is still a teen ever now, so if she’s 15-16 she could still join the JL.

Fox won’t be replacing Bruce in the main Batman title as long as Tynion is there, and Diana will keep the WW solo while Clark gets Action, with Yara getting a Wonder Girl series and Jon getting Superman proper iirc. Maybe Fox will get Tec? Tamaki kinda feels like filler on Tec imo.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

No Supes and Flash both did not get second printings (so far anyway).
    Ha! I wonder why that lovely Flash story didn't catch on with readers?

It depends on how old Yara will be when she debuts in the present, but Jon is still a teen ever now, so if she’s 15-16 she could still join the JL.

Fox won’t be replacing Bruce in the main Batman title as long as Tynion is there, and Diana will keep the WW solo while Clark gets Action, with Yara getting a Wonder Girl series and Jon getting Superman proper iirc. Maybe Fox will get Tec? Tamaki kinda feels like filler on Tec imo.
    I think at most she'll be 18 (probably around current Jon's age). I'm not necessarily a fan of it but the potential of three teenagers in the League reminds me of Justice League Action and that episode with Blue Beetle, Firestorm, and Stargirl fighting the Phantom Zone escapees in the Fortress of Solitude.

Tamaki was basically synergy filler on Wonder Woman but I'm less certain about her status on 'Tec. She's developing the Magistrate, so there's the Future State tie-in, but if her run is received well...maybe she'll stick around?