Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Superman vs Lex was a major disappointment for me after wonderful first issue. They set up an interesting premise and do away with it very next issue in an underwhelming way. Another major problem for me was Lois talking about values and how dictators derail them. Thats all nice and fine, but she was explaining that to a robot who is created and programmed by Lex. I don't know, it just felt very preachy to me. Only one issue left so I'll stick it out and I hope that they manage to salvage this mini.

On the other hand I really, really enjoyed Batman/Superman, it even had a reference to Morrison's Batman and Robin #1!

Hos did Circe of all people managed to get Superman? That was such an odd pairing. Would have preferred if it was Maxima.

BANNED

batman / superman, a comic in which the role of superman is to be the useless victim, that his dna is played with 0 effort and that he is thrown out for being so stupid that he is a threat, while batman is the omnipotent god rescuing the damsel in distress. that this comic is called batman / superman is an insult to superman and his fans, they would simply have to call him batgod and the useless whore.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Superman vs Lex was a major disappointment for me after wonderful first issue. They set up an interesting premise and do away with it very next issue in an underwhelming way. Another major problem for me was Lois talking about values and how dictators derail them. Thats all nice and fine, but she was explaining that to a robot who is created and programmed by Lex. I don't know, it just felt very preachy to me. Only one issue left so I'll stick it out and I hope that they manage to salvage this mini.
    Yeah, i came over here wondering if i was the only one who wasn't really feeling this issue. none of the characters really feel like characters, they felt more like talking heads or like stand-ins for political or societal ideas or something. i just don't think it really is saying anything actually compelling with them tho. like, Lois and the robot was kinda cool because it felt like the robot was just naive but had some semblance of sentience, and maybe she was gonna get through to it or it'll make a compelling perspective on why Lexor follows Lex. but nah, after all her pontificating doesn't work she just sorta busts it up and escapes (oh look a Lois in a mech suit cliche *ding*) so that later we can find out the robot doesn't have any thoughts beyond serving lex, thus making the whole morality talk pointless and the fact that it was so easily sucked into a morality discussion with and then duped by Lois completely silly. Plus, Lex also doesn't seem all that clever here and it feels weird that the solution Superman brings back for the United Planets was "it's cool to effectively steal Lexor's resources, destroying their planet's means of income (ya know, after i invaded and destroyed their infrastructure) in the process, because Lex is a meanie and made the civilians be mean to me too"

i'm hoping #3 can bring it together nicely but iunno, it's been a very weird story.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-24-2021 at 11:26 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Hos did Circe of all people managed to get Superman? That was such an odd pairing. Would have preferred if it was Maxima.
    Superman said Pyrrhos was born of magic and deception. It's possible Circe committed rape by posing as Lois (or Wonder Woman), since I can't think of any scenario where Superman would sleep with someone like her.

Was not expecting Clark to have a kid with Circe, but given the longevity of the two I guess it’s no surprise they crossed paths. I would love to see more of that time period.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Superman said Pyrrhos was born of magic and deception. It's possible Circe committed rape by posing as Lois (or Wonder Woman), since I can't think of any scenario where Superman would sleep with someone like her.
    Game of Thrones indeed...

Although that's probably one thing I'm glad to relegate to Future State and not think too much about.

She used magic to trick him into fathering a child: https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...56612895006721

Well Conner showed thst he is ALL hero in suicide squad
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Welp I did not expect Superman to be raped or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Was not expecting Clark to have a kid with Circe, but given the longevity of the two I guess it’s no surprise they crossed paths. I would love to see more of that time period.
    I actually liked House of El more than I thought I would, the Pyrrhos twist actually sold me on their weird game of thrones vibe they got going on. I'd be down for more too. Game of Thrones, but the planets with a yellow sun could be their "dragons".

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I was working it was more of a magical conception, so they can sidestep the rape implication a bit. although, if they wanna go full Game of Thrones, I imagine she'd use Lois's visage to trick him into a romp or she was able to sway his emotions with magic to trick him into a full on "romantic" relationship.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Welp I did not expect Superman to be raped or anything.
    Maybe she used magic to make Superman think he was using a condom. Or maybe Circe just told him she was using the pill when she wasn't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I imagine she'd use Lois's visage to trick him into a romp or she was able to sway his emotions with magic to trick him into a full on "romantic" relationship.
    Even then we're in a gray area about what he was consenting to that trends more towards rape than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Even then we're in a gray area about what he was consenting to that trends more towards rape than not.
    oh nah, yeah I agree the magical "consent" thing is definitely more towards the rapey side, i was presenting it more from the perspective of they're going full GoT with it; gritty "realism" and all. i think the only way to properly sidestep the rape implications is to either have it Phyrrhos be conceived magically (maybe through some sort of blood magic using his blood) or have the "deception and magic" be more like Kal and Circe legitimately were together consensually but she betrayed him or lied to him over something related to magic.

currently following:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    She used magic to trick him into fathering a child: https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...56612895006721
    Yeah that’s called rape, Philip. And likely would have caused Clark a great deal of trauma and is nothing to be casual about. But anything for a cool shoutout right?

Gross.