Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think at most she'll be 18 (probably around current Jon's age). I'm not necessarily a fan of it but the potential of three teenagers in the League reminds me of Justice League Action and that episode with Blue Beetle, Firestorm, and Stargirl fighting the Phantom Zone escapees in the Fortress of Solitude.

Tamaki was basically synergy filler on Wonder Woman but I'm less certain about her status on 'Tec. She's developing the Magistrate, so there's the Future State tie-in, but if her run is received well...maybe she'll stick around?
    I’m shocked they didn’t give Tec to Ridley, dude is definitely one of the best received DC writers that have been getting a push lately. Looking forward to his Superman story in Red & Blue. If Ridley doesn’t want to do an ongoing fair enough, but if he does and DC isn’t giving him one they are completely dropping the ball here.

Finally got my books ! And to no surprise, I loved Jon's story. Extremely easy to relate to him, his threats sounds and look really great (and I seriously want HIM to tackle the Luchadores, the Gods of Creon etc. in the main line). The back-ups were good but nothing too incredible. Still I can't wait to learn more about all those events.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Let's put it this way, Ultimate Spider-man and Into the Spider-verse work because Peter is dead and his world needs a new Spider-man. The other Peter Parkers he meets are feom other universes so they won't stay around and both share one identity. Heck, otherwise imagine a guy on the street is saved by Miles Morales. People are gonna ask him which Spider-man saved him and he will just say "the black one".

Flash is anothee example. If Barry Allen is alive, I don't think Wally West can be Flash too. Now, my personal choice would be for Barry to be dead, or only existing in another plane of existence via the Speed Force. I also think Bart Allen becoming Kid Flash is bad, because he already had his unique identity as Impulse, and now you are dragging him into that whole mess. Fortunately that part is over.
    It's just now occuring to me that my last reply to you may have come off as more short and dismissive than I intended. It and the following replies were supposed to be somewhat sarcastic and joking in tone. If it came off my harsh than that, I hope no offense was taken. The debates were fun and continue to be fun!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'm digging Yara and Jon lads. However,how many goddamn sun gods do we have?

This was very good! Yara is an outlaw who is working outside the system to put pressure on the corrupt politicians while Jon tries to work within the system, putting them at odds. However both of them are very heroic and are well written. Solaris is written perfectly here, please DC give my boy more stories! He’s still the same petty SOB he was in One Million and All-Star Superman.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-12-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's just now occuring to me that my last reply to you may have come off as more short and dismissive than I intended. It and the following replies were supposed to be somewhat sarcastic and joking in tone. If it came off my harsh than that, I hope no offense was taken. The debates were fun and continue to be fun!
    Ah no worries, I thought you were saying you had nothing more to discuss in an honest and respectful way. All fair, nothing to get offended by.

Incredible Member

Haven’t read the new issues from today yet. Just have a question, is there a reason Jon has a cape in the Superman/Wonder Woman series but not really anywhere else? Curious if it is supposed to represent a different time frame in future slate because of that? Just noticed on justice league and the other series he’s capeless on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Haven’t read the new issues from today yet. Just have a question, is there a reason Jon has a cape in the Superman/Wonder Woman series but not really anywhere else? Curious if it is supposed to represent a different time frame in future slate because of that? Just noticed on justice league and the other series he’s capeless on the cover.
    The stories jump around to different points in time. SM/WW takes place long after Superman of Metropolis and JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m shocked they didn’t give Tec to Ridley, dude is definitely one of the best received DC writers that have been getting a push lately. Looking forward to his Superman story in Red & Blue. If Ridley doesn’t want to do an ongoing fair enough, but if he does and DC isn’t giving him one they are completely dropping the ball here.
    I think it's probably that Ridley doesn't have the time to write an ongoing comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

This was very good! Yara is an outlaw who is working outside the system to put pressure on the corrupt politicians while Jon tries to work within the system, putting them at odds. However both of them are very heroic and are well written. Solaris is written perfectly here, please DC give my boy more stories! He’s still the same petty SOB he was in One Million and All-Star Superman.
    That's an interesting take on the Superman/Wonder Woman dynamic.

I'm getting the sense Yara is much more aggressive than Diana is.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! not thrilled about jon working within the system.I am completely bored with superman playing middle man.I hope that characterisation doesn't like it did for his father.Superman lost flexibility as a character.He can't even make joke.eesh!but that pic is damn sweet.i wonder how much influence did morrison have on these stories.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-12-2021 at 11:36 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

The SM/WW issue was so weak Jon was literally just Clark Kent the entire issue like had I not known this was Jon coming into it, I never would have made the distinction between him and Clark, the art didn't even do him justice even the cape just screamed Clark Kent I just didn't like it but Yara looked good the story was aight, hardly anything to praise about the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's probably that Ridley doesn't have the time to write an ongoing comic.

That's an interesting take on the Superman/Wonder Woman dynamic.

I'm getting the sense Yara is much more aggressive than Diana is.
    Normally I’d agree that an Oscar winning script writer probably doesn’t have time to be “slumming it” in comics, but Ridley was apparently on board to write the 5G Batman ongoing. It seems like he does want to do more comics work. Maybe he was only interested in an ongoing with Fox Batman though, in which case fair enough.

Yara is absolutely more headstrong and aggressive than Diana. I like it, she doesn’t seem plagued by the constant inner turmoil that’s consumed Diana in recent years, she’s out to take on the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The SM/WW issue was so weak Jon was literally just Clark Kent the entire issue like had I not known this was Jon coming into it, I never would have made the distinction between him and Clark, the art didn't even do him justice even the cape just screamed Clark Kent I just didn't like it but Yara looked good the story was aight, hardly anything to praise about the issue
    Yeah!just what i was afraid of.Jon getting stuck with clarkism and jesus-isms.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah!just what i was afraid of.Jon getting stuck with clarkism and jesus-isms.
    Well that's what's being given if you're in it for Yara cool things are happening on that front. Jon is just Goodwill Clark Kent in that issue their is absolutely nothing to praise on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well that's what's being given if you're in it for Yara cool things are happening on that front. Jon is just Goodwill Clark Kent in that issue their is absolutely nothing to praise on that front.
    And here i thought writers were gonna their change mindset when approaching superman as character when jon is filling the boots.Oh!well,the best i can hope is this thing is just an outlier.That description by @Vordan screamed modern superman stories to a t.