Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    No, I don't buy it. Kryptonians were more advanced but not inherently superior to humans when it comes to brain power. And a million years ago, we weren't even the same species. We didn't even had started to form stable settlements - we did so something like 10 to 5 thousands years ago, if I remember right ? It's a ridiculous short span of time to go from first settlements to the place we are today. it should be enough in itself to showcase the fact that Kryptonians aren't supposed to be inherently superior to Humans in the brain departement : if they were truly so superior to Earthlings, then they couldn't have refused to heed Jor-El's warnings, because it wouldn't make sense for super-intelligent beings to do so.
    kryptonians aren't same species as us,either.Jor-el is one scientist.That doesn't mean scientific consensus to say the least.For all they know jor el is a quack.All he had was earth quakes.krypton was inherently very hostile and unpredictable,for any real assessment.Think about it,These were superpeople that could have left the planet any time with or without any spaceship (Kryptonians had powers on krypton in some takes).But,they didn't.That means,they didn't want to leave regardless of whatever consequences that might happen.Also,a million years ago there where "humans".as you said,they weren't us.Even,if we go by thousands of year duration.We would still be a lot superior to people 50,000 years or 150,00 years ago.Also,exponential progress isn't exactly guaranteed thing.I believe,our rate of progress would decrease as well.If we look at history,progress/innovation leads to stagnation to different cultures.It took approximatley 100,000 years for us to start agriculture on a mass scale.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-07-2021 at 12:24 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"