Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I actually liked House of El more than I thought I would, the Pyrrhos twist actually sold me on their weird game of thrones vibe they got going on. I'd be down for more too. Game of Thrones, but the planets with a yellow sun could be their "dragons".

I was working it was more of a magical conception, so they can sidestep the rape implication a bit. although, if they wanna go full Game of Thrones, I imagine she'd use Lois's visage to trick him into a romp or she was able to sway his emotions with magic to trick him into a full on "romantic" relationship.
    Posing as Lois is rape. It violates consent.

Future State's Legion tie in would have been better if they kept Sook instead of swapping for Rossmo. I love Rossmo's art but it made the book extra confusing.

So basically Circe pulled a Talia?

Not that I think she wouldn't, because she's a villain, but probably not the best origin for a kid.

If Legion is ending I seriously hope Sook will still end up on a Superbook, or on JL. He’s too good for DC to let him fall to the wayside.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So basically Circe pulled a Talia?

Not that I think she wouldn't, because she's a villain, but probably not the best origin for a kid.
    Well, if it's the origin for Damian and we're sticking with that. Then this Alt Universe son isn't any worse than that.

Unless we get a FS: House of El book like the Gotham book, which I would love since this time period is just begging to be explored more, this is just a one-off with a villain we’ll probably never see again. So it’s not an ongoing issue the Superbooks will have to deal with the way Damian was.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Well, if it's the origin for Damian and we're sticking with that. Then this Alt Universe son isn't any worse than that.
    I think modern comics have gone back-and-forth as to whether Damian was consensual or whether Talia still drugged Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think modern comics have gone back-and-forth as to whether Damian was consensual or whether Talia still drugged Bruce.
    Also, they sometimes just have Damian be a test-tube baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Posing as Lois is rape. It violates consent.
    where did I say that's not rape?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Wow I remember PKJ referencing Excalibur in an interview but that's practically lifted from the opening of the film. It sounds bad.

I'll reserve judgment until tomorrow when I'll make larger points on Future State as I've finally gotten to it in my backlog. I want to read this before I really get into it, but goddamn that's positively grim.

I absolutely hate the buzz cut haircut for Conner

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I absolutely hate the buzz cut haircut for Conner

Yep, I would love to hear from one fan who actually likes it lol?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yes, yes, obviously House of El was f#&king delightful, and I could talk at length about the ins and outs regarding the comic. And yes, I just fished Superman & Lois and it was easily the best live-action Superman thing in like, not even joking, forever.

But

F#&K ALL THAT

Did anyone else read Future State Legion today???? Really unfortunate case of an idea for a story not having the room to really play, and art that wasn't my favorite (not the actual artist, but rather the art mixed with the specific story. But once again, F$%K ALL THAT

Did anyone else catch the part where Jon Kent is back in the future, dressed like a super sentai hero, and....SPORTING A PENCIL THIN MUSTCHE for some reason.

I have no earthly idea the particular reasoning behind this. It is so damn strange that I low key want to know so much more. My personal head canon is that this is his version of "Chaz" lol

_____

In any case, I'd love to know more about the armor he's wearing. Is it just a fashion choice, or is that something he started wearing between Superman of Metropolis/Justice League and Superman/Wonder Woman? Clearly by Superman/Wonder Woman he's extremely powerful (seemingly more powerful than his dad), but back in the SOM days he was noticeably weaker than a full blood. So is possible that between then, now with both his dad AND Kara gone, he had to adopt some sort of power enhancing armor to keep up before he "out grew it"?

Bendis did seem to enjoy giving Jon tech to play with. He had both the light construct arm and his teleporting, and personal environment projecting suit he got from his grandpa.

And this may sound strange, but hear me out, okay: Bendis did once kind of extensively compare Superman (seemingly just the general idea rather than Clark specifically) to Tony Stark in that both were futurist heroes in his mind. As his run went on, between the creation of the United Planets and literally going to the future itself to learn from it, Jon seemed to be who he was setting up as the futurist Superman. So, is the Tony Stark-ish mustache and armor a nod to that idea?

I've seriously put far too much thought into this mustache.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

House of El was somewhat interesting. Would have preferred the mother to be an actual Superman villain like Lady Blaze. Could have kept the same magic deception origin. I didn’t like the fact that Superman just shows up and tells this genocidal maniac everything is ok, the end.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    In any case, I'd love to know more about the armor he's wearing. Is it just a fashion choice, or is that something he started wearing between Superman of Metropolis/Justice League and Superman/Wonder Woman? Clearly by Superman/Wonder Woman he's extremely powerful (seemingly more powerful than his dad), but back in the SOM days he was noticeably weaker than a full blood. So is possible that between then, now with both his dad AND Kara gone, he had to adopt some sort of power enhancing armor to keep up before he "out grew it"?

Bendis did seem to enjoy giving Jon tech to play with. He had both the light construct arm and his teleporting, and personal environment projecting suit he got from his grandpa.

And this may sound strange, but hear me out, okay: Bendis did once kind of extensively compare Superman (seemingly just the general idea rather than Clark specifically) to Tony Stark in that both were futurist heroes in his mind. As his run went on, between the creation of the United Planets and literally going to the future itself to learn from it, Jon seemed to be who he was setting up as the futurist Superman. So, is the Tony Stark-ish mustache and armor a nod to that idea?

I've seriously put far too much thought into this mustache.
    Now this feels like my kinda superman.
    edit-Freaking loved it.I was bummed at legion book being dissappointing in terms of story.But,Thanks to you i checked out legion.I loved it.I hope jon brings the vibes of superman of metropolis and this.Jon sporting the helmet,armor and shin pads was a the most exciting thing for me.Loved the mustache.If that's what jon becomes then it would be best look so far.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-23-2021 at 10:03 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"