Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

FINALLY! Killer Moth getting the love he deserves!

One of the earliest Batman stories I read was 'Misfits' in Shadow of the Bat and it made me a life-long fan. I loved his ruthlessness and desperation to get a big win. I was intrigued by his mentioning that he should know something about Bruce Wayne. Plus, his costume was awesome!

I loved the Killer Goth look from Green Arrow, too, which is where my "I'm at least a C-Lister" comes from.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always felt there is a fantastic villain there who just needs a few really big stories to push him over to classic status.

Be he a major threat (okay, capable threat. Potential threat?) or an easily defeated loser as in Robin and Batgirl's respective Year Ones I've always had a massive soft-spot for him.

Not so much the Charaxes era. That said, anybody remember when Charaxes laid a load of eggs and they hatched into mindless Drury Walkers? Robin got WEIRD now and then.

Also, the costume's awesome.

EZ14t9zWoAAaACt.jpg
    Last edited by exile001; 04-27-2021 at 02:41 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Tim Sale's take on the costume.

killer-moth-sale1.jpg
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

A lovely Brian Stelfreeze cover.

Batman Shadow Of The Bat 8.jpg

Killer Moth leads the charge in telling people he's not a joke! Fear his goop gun!

2n3g6chgjeq11.jpg

Any fellow Venture Bros fans in here? While I'm not sure Killer Moth was an actual inspiration, there are definite parallels both in theme and levels of incompetence.

4460057-600full-the-monarch.jpg

Incredible Member

Killer Moth deserves more love, even as a C-Lister
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Marshall Rogers redesign KILLER MOTH costume but the design was never used.

killermothRogers.jpg

I have an outline for a story/miniseries starring: Killer Moth, Firefly, Black Spider, Bookworm, and Doodlebug.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 05-22-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Ah yes, Killer Moth, the guy most infamous for covering Barbara Gordon in sticky white goo.

KM and Friends by Gary Strange.

KMGaryStrange.jpg

Killer Moth meets his old foe Batgirl once again.

BatgirlKillerMoth.jpg

Killer Moth gets a few panels in The Batman & Scooby-Doo! Mysteries #12.

He also fights a member of the Batman Family later on in another panel.

Awesome seeing Killer Moth and The Terrible Trio again.

Darryl Banks Sketch.

KillerMothDarrylBanks.jpg