Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What tv show had the most characters go through personality changes

Most tv shows will show a character growing or changing. Then sometimes the writers just completely give them a personality change to fit a storyline or fill a void.

What tv show do you feel had the most personality changes in the characters on the show?

Arrow. The characters were all over the place in that show.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Boisterously Confused

To me, the Grand Champ was M*A*S*H. Hawkeye, Radar, Klinger, BJ, Winchester, and (especially) Hot Lips all walked some long, developmental roads.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Angel has to be up there.

Extraordinary Member

The Big Bang Theory for sure.

All three women became completely different people than they were in their early episodes. Not a bad thing, but I will say that I preferred early Amy and Bernadette over who they eventually became. Yet, I loved what they did with Penny.

Stuart seemed very cool in his early episodes but they changed him into one of the most pathetic characters ever on tv.

Raj went from not being able to talk to women to hanging out with them on 'ladies night' functions and going shopping with them.

It has to be Battlestar Galactica. Half the cast are completely different from where they start, to where they end. Which is one of the reasons I love it, the character growth is incredible.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

Any daytime soap.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Say what you will about Lost, but most of the characters developed throughout the seasons and it was done well, for the most part imo.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

All three women became completely different people than they were in their early episodes. Not a bad thing, but I will say that I preferred early Amy and Bernadette over who they eventually became. Yet, I loved what they did with Penny.

Stuart seemed very cool in his early episodes but they changed him into one of the most pathetic characters ever on tv.

Raj went from not being able to talk to women to hanging out with them on 'ladies night' functions and going shopping with them.
    ^^^I was going to nominate the same show.
    Oddly I’ve seen ppl point out this show many times as one in which the characters -didn’t- change, which always made me wonder just how some ppl absorb information.

Stuart was an odd duck, in terms of becoming a butt monkey wasn’t he?
    He did at least, end up w. a girl, something even Raj didn’t achieve!

One thing about Penny I’ve had to mention to ppl, when they say she stopped hanging out w. other friends and just started seeing Amy and Bernadette, is that yes, her social circle shrunk, no denying that, but Bernadette was -already- Penny’s friend when she was introduced. It was Penny who set Howard up w. her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    To me, the Grand Champ was M*A*S*H. Hawkeye, Radar, Klinger, BJ, Winchester, and (especially) Hot Lips all walked some long, developmental roads.
    Only Potter could reasonably be said to be similar to the character he started out to be, and even he went through some significant changes. Even Nurse Kelly had documented changes.

Maybe "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" considering how long it lasted and the time period of the characters' lives. The whole point of the show was how you change from adolescent to adult.

Ultimate Member

Allen on 2 and a half men, sure he started out as loser but by the end of the show they just had gone so far overboard with all of that it was crazy and annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

Don't forget Howard. He went from a sleazeball wanna be ladies man to a devoted father and husband.
    Even Sheldon went from a man totally adverse to sex and even physical contact in general to a married man who enjoyed having sex with his wife. And even had a child sometime after the series ended.
    Heck, even Stuart ended up getting a girl that he was actually having sex with and who seemed to genuinely love him for who he was.
    Really about the only person who stayed the same was Leonard. He was the insecure nebish at the start of the series and was basically the same guy even after he got married to the woman of his dreams.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" considering how long it lasted and the time period of the characters' lives. The whole point of the show was how you change from adolescent to adult.
    DARK SHADOWS, the supernatural soap opera, had lots of character changes. The same actors came back in multiple roles. Not only was there that thing about soap operas where characters are constantly switching hats, but the supernatural angle meant that characters could completely change (and there was also the parallel world where the same characters were alternate versions of themselves). BUFFY also changed characters for supernatural reasons. It was very easy for them to heel turn for the sake of plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Don't forget Howard. He went from a sleazeball wanna be ladies man to a devoted father and husband.
    Even Sheldon went from a man totally adverse to sex and even physical contact in general to a married man who enjoyed having sex with his wife. And even had a child sometime after the series ended.
    Heck, even Stuart ended up getting a girl that he was actually having sex with and who seemed to genuinely love him for who he was.
    Really about the only person who stayed the same was Leonard. He was the insecure nebish at the start of the series and was basically the same guy even after he got married to the woman of his dreams.
    I think Raj kind of stayed the same. Yes he could talk to women now. But he was still a needy pathetic person who would do anything to get a girl. And then once he had a girl he would be even more needy and pathetic to keep her, or drive her away like he did with Emily when he saw Clarie on the side, or Anu when he got so jealous of her talking to an ex boyfriend after spying on her that they broke up. To be honest Raj was the worst character on the show. I did not find him funny like the others and if he was not in the show it really would not have been any worse or lost anything like say if you lost Howard or Amy. Not just the worst on the show but the worst on tv.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.