Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magic Pill

Default Magic Pill

You are offered, free of charge, a Magic Pill.

What exactly is a Magic Pill?

A Magic Pill gives you your own copy of the Magical Skills, Powers, and Ability of One Character, of your choice.

Will you accept the Magic Pill? If so, which magical power set will you claim as your own?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

A Magic Pill gives you your own copy of the Magical Skills, Powers, and Ability of One Character, of your choice.

Will you accept the Magic Pill? If so, which magical power set will you claim as your own?
    How long does one have to use it? (If I accept it now, can I wait a week or a month to use it?)

How long does the power/s last?

Can I get more than 1 super power out of this Magic Pill? Like Dr Strange has many powers. Could I get them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    How long does one have to use it? (If I accept it now, can I wait a week or a month to use it?)

How long does the power/s last?

Can I get more than 1 super power out of this Magic Pill? Like Dr Strange has many powers. Could I get them all?
    1. The Pill has a 1 year experation date.
    2. Power lasts a lifetime
    3. It's the entire magical powerset, as in, for example, all of Dr Strange's Magic and related powers and abilities. But only Magical Powers and Abilities.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Ooooh, I could get either really powerful, really practical or both with some of these powersets.

I mean Disgaea has the BOOM, with like Quadrillions of damage if I can get my stats high enough, Final Fantasy has LOADS of wacky spells for battle that do more esoteric things, Harry Potter has loads of practical everyday magic (although it may or may not bork up electronics), D&D has some of both practical AND Battle magic, though the numbers are a lot lower than a video game.

But I didn't see any limits on what constitutes a "Character". SO I'm thinking I could get ALL the powers and Abilities, by picking someone like Zeus from a Scion game where EVERYTHING is some kind of magic or another. Maybe to make it fair I'd make the character an actual God/dess of Magic, so I can officially say that all their powers are within their purview.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

There's no upper limit to this as far as I understand the OP.

How about someone like Bernkastel or Lamdadelta? They are described as witches, after all, so I guess you could say their powers are magical.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Who are they?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yes.

There are any number of Anima Sorcerers with absolutely insane levels of power, but the most important parts of said power are the ability to resurrect the dead and grant eternal life (essence and creation magic, and I'm 100% sure I can find some ridiculously potent sorcerer in the books who has both of those paths).

Done, and I'm pretty happy about it.

Said magic will also allow me anonymity, the capacity to easily travel and survive...well, anywhere, etc. It is not limited to blowing crap up, having a plethora of non-combat uses. Best part is I can also grant magical power to someone else and teach them what I know. There really are no downsides (I mean, besides the 'becoming a magical being for immortality' changing my appearance, which I can disguise with more magic. There's no reason to worry about being summoned/controlled here, because there aren't any summoners).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

20th level Order of Scribes Wizard with all the spells? May not be nearly the most powerful thing in fiction, but I'll take it 9 times out of 10.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Amazing Member

Assuming there are none in this universe to lock me down with their overly strict non-intervention rules, I'll take the powers of any of the ancients/ascended beings from the stargate series. The best kind of immortality, the ability to aid others in becoming like me, healing, and knowledge. I don't see a down side as long as I use this responsibly.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Will you accept the Magic Pill?
    Honestly, if a stranger just showed up and offered me a pill claiming it would give me "magical powers"? Probably not.

But if I knew it was legit, then sure. I mean, why wouldn't I?

Though, this is one of those scenarios where I would probably spend quite some time researching various characters to make sure I pick the optimal one. Wouldn't want to find out later I missed out on a better power set.

So, is it specifically magical characters? Or does it include anyone with superhuman abilities?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    Honestly, if a stranger just showed up and offered me a pill claiming it would give me "magical powers"? Probably not.

But if I knew it was legit, then sure. I mean, why wouldn't I?

Though, this is one of those scenarios where I would probably spend quite some time researching various characters to make sure I pick the optimal one. Wouldn't want to find out later I missed out on a better power set.

So, is it specifically magical characters? Or does it include anyone with superhuman abilities?
    The powers have to be clearly defined as Magic. As long as the power or powers used by that character are defined in that way, then it counts.

Let's say that you have a Character who has many different abilities, but only one of those abilities is defined as Magic. Then you would only get that one magical ability.

Someone like Magik of the New Mutants is an example of this. On the one hand there is her Mutant power, then there are her Magical powers. You would not get the Mutant power, but you would get her Magical powers.

Also, if the character is, say, a magical cat then sure you can have the power set of that magical cat.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

The powers have to be clearly defined as Magic. As long as the power or powers used by that character are defined in that way, then it counts.

Let's say that you have a Character who has many different abilities, but only one of those abilities is defined as Magic. Then you would only get that one magical ability.

Someone like Magik of the New Mutants is an example of this. On the one hand there is her Mutant power, then there are her Magical powers. You would not get the Mutant power, but you would get her Magical powers.

Also, if the character is, say, a magical cat then sure you can have the power set of that magical cat.
    Cool, that narrows it down a lot.

2. Power lasts a lifetime
    Lifetime as in one normal human lifetime (so about century I guess) or lifetime as in for as long as I live?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    Cool, that narrows it down a lot.

Lifetime as in one normal human lifetime (so about century I guess) or lifetime as in for as long as I live?
    As long as you live, of course the definition of living must be the same as it is for any human. If you turn yourself into a Vampire or a Zombie or a walking skeleton, for example, then that is not Living. You don't have to be 'Human', but you do have to be alive in the same way a living human is alive.

Life Extension must be approached with extreme caution. If you make a mistake, you might lose the powers.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-06-2021 at 07:17 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

As long as you live, of course the definition of living must be the same as it is for any human. If you turn yourself into a Vampire or a Zombie or a walking skeleton, for example, then that is not Living. You don't have to be 'Human', but you do have to be alive in the same way a living human is alive.

Life Extension must be approached with extreme caution. If you make a mistake, you might lose the powers.
    I would be using the Chimera spell from the Creation Path in Anima, which alters one into a magical being. However, said magical being is explicitly 'alive', can still be 'killed', still have organs that function properly (though they might have changed somewhat), etc. It's different, for example, from the spells from other paths that allow one to become a spirit (technically not alive by the definition of 'life') or an undead creature. By the definition of 'living' as applied to a human, it's fine.

So I'm not hugely concerned.

Either way, the simple way around this is to NOT use the spell on myself, first.

1. Gain the magical powers of an Anima character including the Essence and Creation paths;
    2. Use 'Chimera' on someone close to me, making them a magical being (and at the same time, granting them The Gift of magic);
    3. Teach them magic until they have achieved a level where they can now cast Chimera (this'll take a while, but keeping oneself alive with magic for twenty years in Anima isn't THAT hard) and resurrection;
    4. Cast Chimera on myself; see if I lose all of my magic;
    5. Regardless if I lose my magic, I am still now a magical, immortal being with the Gift;
    6. Learn magic from the person I taught.

Not so worried.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-06-2021 at 12:00 PM. Reason: I can't spell resurrection for crap. :(
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Amazing Member

The powers have to be clearly defined as Magic.

Ah well that changes things. I need to rethink my response then.