Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Line it is drawn
    LMAO!!

Juan, this was too precious!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Favorite moments from Inferno #1

Donīt know if Hickman did this on purpose but this looked like Magneto remembering Magik as his student and now she looks at her all grow up and asking Emma for a duel if she didnīt like them making their own decisions, so yes, indeed, a wolf raises wolfs.

Also liked this moment,even if Magneto is making that comment in particular to begin the talk about Msytique having to step down but when he talked with Shaw he looks honest in having some thoughts about stepping down and given ToM it would make sense in continuity.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

This is beautiful
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

New Art:

Fan Art:

Magneto has always been a character I have biases against but recently I'm trying to have a new perspective on him. What are some emotional stories with him as the protagonist? I know his backstory in the most general sense but didn't read it so I'm planning to start with Magneto Testament.

Hi Doom'nGloom welcome to the thread

Yes Magneto: Testament is definitely a good way to begin to know more about his origin story.

Other issues you can look into for his origin story there is: Magneto vol.1 #0 which includes X-men Classic #12 and #19 by Chris Claremont and John Bolton and Magneto Seminar by Fabian Nicieza and Jan Duursema and Legion Quest by Scott Lobdell and Mark Waid tackles the relationship between him and Charles and itīs also a prologue to Age of Apocalypse.

What kind of emotional stories are you interested in?

Thanks Lucyinthesky. I'm looking for stories that examines Magneto's thought process, why he's the way he is. In another site I read God Loves Man Kills is another good one though I believe my knowledge on the character is a little lacking for that story. By the way my bias against Magneto comes from Morrison's run though I understand that whole Xorn thing was a mess better forgotten.

Well I am glad you are looking to get a better sense of the character

For his thought process, I think his origin story covers a lot of his depper motivations and God loves, man kills was an excellent choice but if you want to know more about his pov when it comes to mutants thereīs "I,Magneto on Uncanny X-men #150, Secret Wars I which began his alliance with the X-men, Trial of Magneto on Uncanny X-men #200, New mutants vol. 1 #40, Mutant Genesis on X-men #1 vol.1 and Fatal Atractions by Fabian Nicieza.

There are other stories in which he plays a big part:

Legion Quest and the Age of Apocalypse crossover. Thereīs Magneto War, Rogue Nation and Dark Seduction where he became ruler of Genosha and after itīs destruction thereīs Excalibur vol.3 which tackles his character after the whole Planet X story by Morrison and was a kind of prologue to HoM. Post HoM he has some good appareances on New Avengers #20, X-men Legacy by Mike Carey, the main Uncanny X-men title by Kieron Gillen during Cyclops leadership on Utopia and Avengers:Childrens Crusade. Solo stories by him there are Magneto Not a hero by Skottie Young and Magneto series by Cullen Bunn which covers the whole Axis crossover.

Hope you enjoy your reading
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-17-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks a lot If I have any questions may I ask them here?
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 10-17-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Of course If you have doubts about Magneto you can ask and post here if you want or about Dr Doom, I also like his character a lot.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-17-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Finished reading Magneto Testament and I'm pleasantly surprised. It didn't feel like I was reading a superhero comic at all. It was like watching The Pianist/The Boy in Striped Pyjamas for the first time, very emotionaly heavy. I loved it. One small nitpick is that I was expecting a Wolverine/Captain America/Nick Fury and Howling Commando cameo or name drop as each fought in WW2 though it might be unnecessary. I really enjoyed that episode of X-men Evolution where they go over Magneto's first encounter with Logan.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 10-19-2021 at 01:11 AM.

Do you think it's too much to hope that Erik and Lorna don't foolishly yell at each other in tomorrow's issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Finished reading Magneto Testament and I'm pleasantly surprised. It didn't feel like I was reading a superhero comic at all. It was like watching The Pianist/The Boy in Striped Pyjamas for the first time, very emotionaly heavy. I loved it. One small nitpick is that I was expecting a Wolverine/Captain America/Nick Fury and Howling Commando cameo or name drop as each fought in WW2 though it might be unnecessary. I really enjoyed that episode of X-men Evolution where they go over Magneto's first encounter with Logan.
    Greg Pak wrote it thinking precisely in those terms, he wanted to write an historically accurate comic, not a superhero comic and I agreed he mostly did very well on this front and my favorite part of the story is that we got to meet Magnetoīs family, they haven not been tackled before this comic.

I also loved that part of X-men Evolution but in the comics this didnīt happen, Erik and Magda scaped together and married just before the russians rescued the people at the camp, one comic you can see another take on this is House of M: Civil War 2015. Cap and Wolvie sometimes appear but on stories like What if they rescued Magneto and something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Do you think it's too much to hope that Erik and Lorna don't foolishly yell at each other in tomorrow's issue ?
    I would like to believe so, especially because I prefer when they are writting as themselves but I doubt it, Leah really seems to have this idea she has to write them fundamentally different to the relationship between Wanda and Magneto.

Now I personally think that for the good of the series she really should stop writting them that way, it takes off the verosimilitude of the story given Lorna and Magneto had been a lot closer than Wanda and Erik to the point they were living together on Krakoa before she went to be part of X-factor and X-men. Wanda and Erik started warming up on Childrenīs Crusade after the whole hom debacle but their relationship has been usually tense even if they have a soft spot for each other.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-19-2021 at 04:53 AM.