Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Donīt know if Hickman did this on purpose but this looked like Magneto remembering Magik as his student and now she looks at her all grow up and asking Emma for a duel if she didnīt like them making their own decisions, so yes, indeed, a wolf raises wolfs.
    Hell, the lack of interaction between Magnus and important people of his "X-Men period" really annoys me. We barely see him talk with his former students. Not even Illyana or Doug (remember how hard his death affected him?)

I sometimes remember how Colossus was pratically a nurse to Mags when he was comatose post-Fatal-Attractions and now they don't seem to know each other.

Just hope we don't have to wait 50 years like we had to see him and Polaris develop a relationship lol.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Hell, the lack of interaction between Magnus and important people of his "X-Men period" really annoys me. We barely see him talk with his former students. Not even Illyana or Doug (remember how hard his death affected him?)

I sometimes remember how Colossus was pratically a nurse to Mags when he was comatose post-Fatal-Attractions and now they don't seem to know each other.

Just hope we don't have to wait 50 years like we had to see him and Polaris develop a relationship lol.
    I could not agree more, Magik, Doug, Peter, Ororo,Rogue, even Dazzler were close to Erik on His Xmen period and is a shame the writers dont explore their relationship more, Colossus saved him on Avalon so it would be nice to see the characters remembering this.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-19-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto #11 Axis Crossover.

By Cullen Bunn and Walta.

Regenesis #1

I donīt really ship Rogue and Magneto but I like it when they get to interact and be friends

Regenesis #1

I donīt really ship Rogue and Magneto but I like it when they get to interact and be friends
    Didn't they hook up before (twice if we count Joseph)

Hi Doom'nGloom

Joseph was Magnetoīs clone so heīs usually not considered Magneto by Rogue or by himself.

Magneto and Rogue had a brief affair on Savage Land but they would not become intimate until the Utopia era when Magneto officially joined the X-men again but later they ended the relationship on good terms, if you donīt count axis and Rogue married Gambit. They still are on good terms but have not been shown talking on Krakoa.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-24-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Some of the Genosha era did some really good work with Mags. Other parts did a terrible job which wanted to regress him to a one note tyrant.

There were some cute scenes in that crossover, but not enough depth to it. Still I was semi fine with his take on Lorna until he went back to Malice and 80s-90s pathos with Lorna in Cry Havok.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-24-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Erik and Nina from X-men Apocalypse by vwikaartt

Hi Doom'nGloom

Joseph was Magnetoīs clone so heīs usually not considered Magneto by Rogue or by himself.

Magneto and Rogue had a brief affair on Savage Land but they would not become intimate until the Utopia era when Magneto officially joined the X-men again but later they ended the relationship on good terms, if you donīt count axis and Rogue married Gambit. They still are on good terms but have not been shown talking on Krakoa.
    Hello Lucyinthesky
    I didn't know about the Savage Land affair. I was referring to AoA. I heard it later became an AU story though I don't know where that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Some of the Genosha era did some really good work with Mags. Other parts did a terrible job which wanted to regress him to a one note tyrant.
    Agreed, the X-books mostly showed him as a one note tyrant with the main exception of the story about the High Evolutionary, when Lorna and Him lost their powers by Alan Davis and the first half of Dark Seduction but thatīs to be expected, Bob Harras wanted him to be written as an unequivocal villain and writers could add nuance to a certain point but this Black Panther title by Priest really showed his potential as Genosha leader and did better witting him as the nuanced character he was back in the 80īs, even if his role there was as a foil for TīChalla, they even did a better send off to his character post Genosha massacre than Morrison on the X-books did I would love if a writer addressed this era with him, Black Panther and Storm some day.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-24-2021 at 03:23 PM.