Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Thank you baumblume all those are great.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Thank you Juan

Thanks Lucyinthesky

https://twitter.com/Chris_Giarrusso/...19665130590210

baumblume

Thank you baumblume all those are great.
    Thanks Lucyinthesky

http://https://www.cbr.com/why-colossus-quit-x-men-joined-magneto-acolytes/

Good take on Colossus time with Magneto and the Acolytes, hopefully a writer has them interact, it was truly an impactful time for them both.

Trial of Magneto #3 cover
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-20-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

http://https://www.cbr.com/why-colossus-quit-x-men-joined-magneto-acolytes/

Good take on Colossus time with Magneto and the Acolytes, hopefully a writer has them interact, it was truly an impactful time for them both.

Trial of Magneto #3 cover
    I do notice Marvel comics remembers from time to time he was an Acolyte. They certainly don’t for Lorna.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I do notice Marvel comics remembers from time to time he was an Acolyte. They certainly don’t for Lorna.
    In the 90īs it was a shocking event for a lot of fans, seeing a long time X-man like Colossus go to Magnetoīs side, not because he was becoming evil but because he thought he could do better by trying to understand the best of both sides, it was a compelling story for him even marvel didnīt do much with it but the time he spend there was the first big blow to Xavierīs pov and dream and it was the beggining of the X-men truly questioning him as a leader, when in the past that was unthinkable. Xavier was right and there was no room to discuss it, except Colossus did and not by being violent but by being empathic and looking to form bonds between the two sides.

In Lornaīs case, while simialr I think it suffers from her time on Genosha being mostly out of panel, so the potential is there and the short scenes we got of her interacting with magneto were quite good but she didnīt get to interact and clash idealogically in a big way with Exodus, Amelia Vogh, Fabian Cortez, Cargill or Scanner and this affected her impact of becoming an Acolyte imo. On Dark seduction, while she helped Magneto, she didnīt look like a formar X-woman looking to find her own way but more like "X-man whoīs trying to stop Magneto from the inside" just like Pietro was doing, so her presence there didnīt represent the same level of conflict.

This is why while I think her Genosha era is her more nuanced one in her relationship with Magneto, thereīs still a lot of room of improvement. Austen truly began the work of writting her as a person truyly questioning herself, Xavier and Magneto and the dream and looking to find answers elsewhere, marvel can build from there imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-20-2021 at 06:45 PM.

In the 90īs it was a shocking event for a lot of fans, seeing a long time X-man like Colossus go to Magnetoīs side, not because he was becoming evil but because he thought he could do better by trying to understand the best of both sides, it was a compelling story for him even marvel didnīt do much with it but the time he spend there was the first big blow to Xavierīs pov and dream and it was the beggining of the X-men truly questioning him as a leader, when in the past that was unthinkable. Xavier was right and there was no room to discuss it, except Colossus did and not by being violent but by being empathic and looking to form bonds between the two sides.

In Lornaīs case, while simialr I think it suffers from her time on Genosha being mostly out of panel, so the potential is there and the short scenes we got of her interacting with magneto were quite good but she didnīt get to interact and clash idealogically in a big way with Exodus, Amelia Vogh, Fabian Cortez, Cargill or Scanner and this affected her impact of becoming an Acolyte imo. On Dark seduction, while she helped Magneto, she didnīt look like a formar X-woman looking to find her own way but more like "X-man whoīs trying to stop Magneto from the inside" just like Pietro was doing, so her presence there didnīt represent the same level of conflict.

This is why while I think her Genosha era is her more nuanced one in her relationship with Magneto, thereīs still a lot of room of improvement. Austen truly began the work of writting her as a person truyly questioning herself, Xavier and Magneto and the dream and looking to find answers elsewhere, marvel can build from there imo.
    Those are some good points in terms of her time on the Acolytes. Still Marvel can repeatedly remember she was a Horseman mostly off panel for all of ten seconds.

The problem post parentage retcon is unless one is going to be Austen level explicit that Lorna has a more activist point of view ordinary fans are going write off anything she says or does as daddy pressuring her. Especially after some of what was said in Trial of Magneto #1 about trying to break her and force her to be his perfect daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Those are some good points in terms of her time on the Acolytes. Still Marvel can repeatedly remember she was a Horseman mostly off panel for all of ten seconds.
    Marvel needs to remember her whole story when writting her, not just malice or X-factor, agreed completely.

The problem post parentage retcon is unless one is going to be Austen level explicit that Lorna has a more activist point of view ordinary fans are going write off anything she says or does as daddy pressuring her. Especially after some of what was said in Trial of Magneto #1 about trying to break her and force her to be his perfect daughter.
    Agreed and this is precisely what I donīt like about her characterization there on ToM. It robs her of personal agency, it makes all the moments in which she tought about doing things in a different way as just her being pressured by Magneto or her wanting to please Daddy and thatīs just false from any way you see it pre and post family revelation, before she was quite clear about her intentions and he about his, even when they fought on Dark Seduction, there was mutual respect there and after they meet again post space era for Lorna, she did pretty much her own thing, stayed with X-factor because she wanted to and was the leader of All New X-factor and helped Magneto with the O5 X-men not because he was pressuring her but because he asked her and she wanted to do it, to then take all of that and just say, she wanted to please her Daddy and Magneto is a horrible man who robs her of her agency is just bad writing, because itīs trying to force them on sterotypes that are not true to their characters or their previous interactions.

So hopefully Duggan or another writer can add this more activist side of her, even if sheīs not interacting with Magneto anymore, her getting back into her political and activist roots would be quite good for her character imo.

I personally would like to see her and Magneto interact again the way they used to do on Genosha, with just the added element of them being family now, father and daughter, caring about Krakoa but I donīt see this happening soon until editorial gets off this idea Magneto is just manipulating her and that they need to bring down their relationship to get back the twins into the family.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-20-2021 at 07:32 PM.

baumblume

baumblume

Always loved that moment from days of future past, their dinamic was just awesome

Favorite moment from Onslaught revelation, I just love everytime Magneto gets to interact with the younger mutants and Pixie and him make hilarious duo here, trying to stop Onslaught/Charles, I also appreciated how she used her dagger to free him from Onslaught control.

While I liked Fabian character development there, itīs just weird for me to see Ewing and Spurrier write him as if he was truly trying to get on Magnetoīs good side and cause when in the original issues it was clear Magneto was just a means to an end for him and his death was his main objective, that was the main reason why he formed the Acolytes, to get close enough to Magneto so he could kill him and when they were no longer useful to him, he didnīt care about them, so he doesnīt look like someone who would follow or get obssesed with Magneto, like I can see the angle they are going for but itīs quite new to me.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-23-2021 at 05:12 PM.

"He says nothing, he knows he was just a weakness away from dying MY weakness. As I am aware I was just an act of compassion from being killed HIS act of compassion. I live because of an act of humanity on the part of the creature I have called inhuman".

X-men Unlimited (1993)

Such a great comic.

Inferno #1 Magneto artwork

Line it is drawn

Lol thank you Juan