Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Hello Lucyinthesky
    I didn't know about the Savage Land affair. I was referring to AoA. I heard it later became an AU story though I don't know where that happened.

Well the Savage Land affair is (in)famous :P for introducing the idea of them being a couple and AoA ran with this because they could do it on an AU, they even had a child there called Charles Lensherr(In honor of Professor x because he was dead here) this AU was actually the precedent to the whole Joseph affair and on Utopia they actually got together for a short time but on the main 616 comics, thereīs no doubt Rogue main love is Gambit.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-24-2021 at 03:33 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed, the X-books mostly showed him as a one note tyrant with the main exception of the story about the High Evolutionary, when Lorna and Him lost their powers by Alan Davis and the first half of Dark Seduction but thatīs to be expected, Bob Harras wanted him to be written as an unequivocal villain and writers could add nuance to a certain point but this Black Panther title by Priest really showed his potential as Genosha leader and did better witting him as the nuanced character he was back in the 80īs, even if his role there was as a foil for TīChalla, they even did a better send off to his character post Genosha massacre than Morrison on the X-books did I would love if a writer addressed this era with him, Black Panther and Storm some day.
    I wonder what Hickman was planning in terms of Genosha. His plot line was never finished and it feels like we are heading back to more conventional stuff.

I think he had the idea of raising Genosha back, along with other mutant countries around the world, like Island M. Emma even had a brief talk with Charles about letting her be in charge of a territory but Charles told her they had bigger plans than that and this was probably before the whole Mars story but I agree we seem to be on the way back to more conventional stories.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I think he had the idea of raising Genosha back, along with other mutant countries around the world, like Island M. Emma even had a brief talk with Charles about letting her be in charge of a territory but Charles told her they had bigger plans than that and this was probably before the whole Mars story but I agree we seem to be on the way back to more conventional stories.
    When Empyre X-Men was coming out I was half sure they were going to turn Genosha into part of Krakoa or at least bring plants there to help it start to regrow. I was disappointed in that mini.

Sam and Magnus on New Mutants

Ok Sam asking Magneto for permission to go to a concert and Erik being all worried because he fears Sam will be hurt is just too cute

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    When Empyre X-Men was coming out I was half sure they were going to turn Genosha into part of Krakoa or at least bring plants there to help it start to regrow. I was disappointed in that mini.

Yes I thought the same, I remember how excited I was but it was very dissapointing in the end and the plot was just too all over the place to make sense. I hope Hickman writes a nice end for this, because otherwise, this era will be remembered as one with big very good ideas but mostly lackluster execution with a few exceptions.

Yes I thought the same, I remember how excited I was but it was very dissapointing in the end and the plot was just too all over the place to make sense. I hope Hickman writes a nice end for this, because otherwise, this era will be remembered as one with big very good ideas but mostly lackluster execution.
    I was disappointed as well how after a tiny scene Magneto disappeared and Lorna never showed up.

The return to conventional storytelling for the X-Men is something that they should have waited until after the Krakoa era.

Yes and it didnīt made sense, last time Magneto was on Genosha was when he tried again to built a sanctuary for mutants, after the whole Axis event, and Lorna was as engaged with the idea as he was when she was living there so any problem that came from the island should have both at the center because they are personally and emotionally attachted to the island and itīs people but well, it just didnīt happen.

I have some hope we will get a mixed concept, like Krakoa still being around along with itīs main concepts like resurrection, the island, the treaties but write the X-men team back into being part of the main MU and as heros.

I am looking forward to see what Kieron Gillen, Ewing, Duggan, Percy and Orlando plan to do in the near future, I get the sense they will lead the next stage of the story.

Well the Savage Land affair is (in)famous :P for introducing the idea of them being a couple and AoA ran with this because they could do it on an AU, they even had a child there called Charles Lensherr(In honor of Professor x because he was dead here) this AU was actually the precedent to the whole Joseph affair and on Utopia they actually got together for a short time but on the main 616 comics, thereīs no doubt Rogue main love is Gambit.

cykelops:

on your own you wont survive!

Favorite scene from Inferno #2 Stop screaming at him Moira, that will not help I loved Magnetoīs reaction at Moira asking him to kill off Destiny and their triumvirate meetings are always interesting. Good for Magneto for explaining Krakoa is bigger than all of them.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-28-2021 at 06:09 AM.

Skottie Young Little marvels :P
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-06-2021 at 07:45 PM.

BANNED

The X-Men were basically rebooted conceptually and Hickman was building the world they are in. The worldbuilfinh phase was completed when Mars became Planet Arrako.

So now they have time for more conventional stories.