Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Father and Daughter

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

AL EWING (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK!
    On Krakoa, Fabian Cortez and the Quiet Council discuss the rules of murder. But in space, the murders have already begun…and the killer has a connection to Cortez he'd never suspect. The color may be gold…but this, my friends…is pure giallo…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SI SPURRIER (W) • BOB QUINN (A)
    Cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli
    VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON
    WRAPAROUND VARIANT COVER BY FEDERICO VICENTINI
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY TOM MULLER
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    THE WAY TO THE FUTURE OF X!
    Mutantkind has built a new Eden... but there are serpents in this garden. Some mutants struggle to fit in. Some mutants turn to violence and death. And the children whisper
    of the Patchwork Man, singing in their hearts...Only one mutant senses the looming shadows.
    Snared by questions of death, law and love, only NIGHTCRAWLER can fight for the soul of Krakoa. Only he - and the curious crew he assembles - can help mutants defeat their inner-darkness and find a new way to live.
    The WAY OF X.
    SI SPURRIER (X-MEN LEGACY) and BOB QUINN (CAPTAIN AMERICA) push the frontiers of Krakoa in this unmissable entry into the bold new REIGN OF X.
    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

HEROES REBORN: MAGNETO & THE MUTANT FORCE #1

STEVE ORLANDO (W) • BERNARD CHANG (A) • COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW

RELEASE DATE: May 2021

CAN MAGNETO RESURRECT HOPE FOR MUTANTKIND BEFORE ITÂ’S TOO LATE?

Years ago, Magneto and Professor X led EarthÂ’s mutants in a final push for independence against the Squadron Supreme of America. What followed was the SquadronÂ’s Mutant Massacre, a violent rebuttal that left Mutantkind forever wounded, and Xavier deadÂ…or so Magneto thought. Years later, Magneto discovers Xavier clinging to life in the astral plane and gathers his allies for a first-of-its-kind rescue mission. Too bad the same mission puts the Mutant Force back on the SquadronÂ’s radar! Failure means the last gasp of Mutant-kind, but success means the first breaths of something even more elusive to the mutants of Heroes Reborn: HOPE.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

This honestly doesn't look interesting to me, but I'll still read it because our boy Magneto is in it

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNugget View Post
    This honestly doesn't look interesting to me, but I'll still read it because our boy Magneto is in it
    Agreed

Exclusive Marvel First Look: Heroes Reborn: Magneto & The Mutant Force #1

“I didn’t expect Magneto & The Mutant Force, and those unexpected moments are where some of the most exciting stories are found,” Orlando said in a statement. “The world of Heroes Reborn is a beautiful nod to the iconic traditions of events like Age of Apocalypse or House of M, the very kinds of events that pulled me in from the mall hallways and guided me to the spinner rack as a kid. Jason [Aaron] and Ed’s [McGuinness] world shows us just how pivotal the Avengers are by their absence, and for Magneto and his Mutant Force, the fight for mutant freedom is deadlier than ever.”

Orlando added, “This one-shot is a rescue mission. The target? Hope for Mutantkind. It’s a surreal journey into the mind of Magneto, pulling together mutants from the earliest days of X-Men and up to the present. Beware, psychic rescue in progress!”

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/02/02/ma...utant-force-1/
    Som thoughts from Orlando on the comics, lest hope it´s a good showing for Magneto and the X-men and that it avoids the problems X-men/FF4 had

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Seeing Max in that coat is doing it for me, but I can’t say I’m that excited for the Heroes Reborn line. Orlando does make it sound interesting, and I know he’s doing Darkhold. I’ll probably check him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Som thoughts from Orlando on the comics, lest hope it´s a good showing for Magneto and the X-men and that it avoids the problems X-men/FF4 had
    I was going to say FF/X-Men was such a really bad portrayal but I remembered Planet X and the 90s stories existed

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Seeing Max in that coat is doing it for me, but I can’t say I’m that excited for the Heroes Reborn line. Orlando does make it sound interesting, and I know he’s doing Darkhold. I’ll probably check him out.
    It sort of reminds me of the suit he wore in Excalibur (2004)

Although I didn't read it, but based on some screenshots from Twitter, apparently Magneto makes an appearance in the Marauders: King in Black

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNugget View Post
    I was going to say FF/X-Men was such a really bad portrayal but I remembered Planet X and the 90s stories existed
    Yes, he was mostly rude and kind of just there for FF/X-men and I can stand most 90´s stories except Eve of Destruction but Planet X almost made me leave marvel definitely, I can only take so much of them trying to ruin one of their best characters like that.

It sort of reminds me of the suit he wore in Excalibur (2004)

After his white uniform I really liked this one as a nice change from his classical look.

Although I didn't read it, but based on some screenshots from Twitter, apparently Magneto makes an appearance in the Marauders: King in Black
    He did and it was great, I was not expecting this but it was a nice surprise from Duggan.

Last edited by juan678; 02-06-2021 at 07:24 AM.

FROM AGE OF APOCALYPSE SECRET WARS:

Emma and Erik have a good friendship on Krakoa despite not being particulary close, I think this AU made a nice story with them being closer and it worked for them, it was never clear if they were co-leaders or the X-men or just in a relationship but you can feel the clossenes and trust between them.

[IMG][/IMG]

weren´t they married? Emma and Magneto are a couple in many alternative realities... I don´t know what will they be in the incoming Mutant Force

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    weren´t they married? Emma and Magneto are a couple in many alternative realities... I don´t know what will they be in the incoming Mutant Force

I think they were a couple but I don´t know if they were married and yes they are a couple in many AU´s. Steve Orlando talked about Magneto getting his allies but Emma and him could be a couple on this world too.

I also liked their relationship in the Magneto issue I hope we get to see more moments like this from them.

The X-Men Hellfire Gala gets Planet-Size in June one-shot

"This highly anticipated comics event will unfold in issues of your favorite ongoing X-Men series as well as Planet-Size X-Men, a special double-sized one-shot from two of mutantkind's most masterful creators: writer Gerry Duggan (Marauders, Savage Avengers) and artist Pepe Larraz (House of X)," it continues. "The Hellfire Gala rages on in one of the most pivotal chapters yet in Jonathan Hickman's X-Men era. But even bigger things are afoot a world away…

"12 titles, 12 stories, all focused on a single night that will go down in Marvel Comics history," concludes Marvel's description of the Hellfire Gala. "Stay tuned for more Hellfire Gala cover reveals, costume designs, variant covers, and more as the buildup to this major turning point in the saga of the X-Men begins!"

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-x-men...june-one-shot/