Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Jess Chambers (Kid Quick, Future State Flash) Appreciation thread 2021

With the Multiverse saved in Death Metal we get a glimpse into a future, and in the future Jess Chambers speedster of Earth-11, member of Teen Justice and the relative of Jessie Chambers the Flash of Earth-11, comes to join the likes of Jon Kent, Tim Fox, Yara Flor, Andy Curry, and Jo Mullein as a member of the future's Justice League. With an Infinite Frontier ahead of us, who know where they will end up (what timeline or earth) but there is always the chance Jess will appear again sometime soon.

Kid-Quick-Jess-Chambers-Future-State-Flash.jpg

dan_mora_justiceleague.jpg_988992781.jpg

First Appearance as Kid Quick: DC's Very Merry Multiverse

First Appearance as Flash: Future State Justice League #1
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-05-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Boisterously Confused

What the what?!? No!!!

That's not Jessie Quick!

Jesse_Quick.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    What the what?!? No!!!

That's not Jessie Quick!

Jesse_Quick.jpg
    Jesse. Not Jessie.

And this is for "Jess", not Jesse.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Jesse. Not Jessie.

And this is for "Jess", not Jesse.
    FairPoint. That said, my misspelling is less egregious than that revision.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    FairPoint. That said, my misspelling is less egregious than that revision.
    What "revision"?
    It looks like this is a character that's from a different Earth (Earth-11).

It doesn't appear DC would have necessarily wiped out Jesse Quick and replaced her with this version for the main DC Earth. (But I can only guess that from what the OP said since I haven't read anything with this new character.)

Extraordinary Member

Weird question. Kid Quick is from Earth 11, where everyone is gender swapped from the main DC Earth.

Jess Quick is non-binary. The Jessie Chambers of Prime Earth has no nieces or nephews. So is it impossible for Jess to exist in Prime Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Weird question. Kid Quick is from Earth 11, where everyone is gender swapped from the main DC Earth.

Jess Quick is non-binary. The Jessie Chambers of Prime Earth has no nieces or nephews. So is it impossible for Jess to exist in Prime Earth?
    If you mean naturally born on Earth-prime then you would probably be correct that Jess does not exist outside of a retcon or reality change.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

No. Jess is essentially the Wally West of Earth 11. Jessie Quick is the main Flash in the gender reverse world and Jess is her nibling (non-binary equivalent of niece or nephew) Kid Flash equivalent.

Or I guess the Wallace West equivalent considering they're also black.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    No. Jess is essentially the Wally West of Earth 11. Jessie Quick is the main Flash in the gender reverse world and Jess is her nibling (non-binary equivalent of niece or nephew) Kid Flash equivalent.

Or I guess the Wallace West equivalent considering they're also black.
    Yeah except unlike either of them apparently Jess uses the Speed Formula while running much like Jesse and Johnny.

Words to live by.

Like others have said; not a retconned Jesse Quick from earth-2 (or earth-1 after COIE), this person is from earth-11. If I remember right, on that earth it's the Quick family who are the major speedsters, not the Allen-Wests. Might be wrong on that, but either way this Kid Quick is the Kid Flash equivalent on earth-11.

Anyway, I haven't actually read anything with Kid Quick yet. Haven't been to the LCS in weeks. So my experience is, shall we say, extremely limited. But I find the character intriguing and want to see more of them. The costume is great, I especially love the JL black-red look with the Winter Soldier style mask. Legit one of the best Flash designs I've seen since Walter West in the 90's. And I guess Jess eventually ends up losing their legs right, and I really dig the idea of a speedster with prosthetics (what kind of rigidity/flexibility ratio do those legs have and how high can Quick jump??).

At this point, having not read anything yet, Kid Quick is one of the things about Future State I'm most curious about. Will check back in after I get my hands on some issues.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah except unlike either of them apparently Jess uses the Speed Formula while running much like Jesse and Johnny.

Yes. They're the equivalents thereof. A pastiche of the main Earth dynamic. Obviously they use the formula, they're Quicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Like others have said; not a retconned Jesse Quick from earth-2 (or earth-1 after COIE), this person is from earth-11. If I remember right, on that earth it's the Quick family who are the major speedsters, not the Allen-Wests. Might be wrong on that, but either way this Kid Quick is the Kid Flash equivalent on earth-11.

Anyway, I haven't actually read anything with Kid Quick yet. Haven't been to the LCS in weeks. So my experience is, shall we say, extremely limited. But I find the character intriguing and want to see more of them. The costume is great, I especially love the JL black-red look with the Winter Soldier style mask. Legit one of the best Flash designs I've seen since Walter West in the 90's. And I guess Jess eventually ends up losing their legs right, and I really dig the idea of a speedster with prosthetics (what kind of rigidity/flexibility ratio do those legs have and how high can Quick jump??).

At this point, having not read anything yet, Kid Quick is one of the things about Future State I'm most curious about. Will check back in after I get my hands on some issues.
    I think the prosthetics speedster is someone else, I heard her name is Bolt and that in Future State she’s a Suicide Squad member with Conner Kent but in the present she’s a student of Titans Academy.

I agree though, Jess’ costume in Justice League is really cool.
    Words to live by.

I think the prosthetics speedster is someone else
    Seems like it might be, you're right. The one in Squad does look to be female (though *maybe* that's just the weird angle of the poses? Probably not), and her hair looks like it's a very, very, very light blonde rather than straight up white like Quick's. My bad.

Well whatever, Quick still seems like an interesting concept even if they don't have prosthetic legs (though I admit, that does lessen my interest somewhat).

I admit I'm a tad concerned about how well DC will write a non-binary character though. They don't exactly have a great track record of handling minority groups with tact and skill. And I think we all still remember the way they introduced Wallace West in the New52.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I agree though, Jess’ costume in Justice League is really cool.
    I will third that opinion. It's pretty slick, and I like the white hair. (or did they just dye it "ash-blonde" to jump on a trend? (from two years ago ))

Now I kind of wished DC had focused on Kid Quick in the future State flash series, their multiverse story sounds interesting but we won’t get to read about it outside of the Justice League book as of right now.

BBEFCB43-80E6-469D-814F-6898F2C6DCE6.jpg

I mean I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t mind reading about a multiverse level conspiracy that required the arrival of an alternate universe Flash to come and stick around.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-08-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    Words to live by.