Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jess on the cover of the second printing for Justice League

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/four...-state-comics/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm in love with this character already!

Well guess who is sticking around

https://www.cbr.com/flash-kid-quick-...nite-frontier/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Good group shot with FS Justice League
    Words to live by.

I really hope we'll get a continuation of FS Jl like we'll get Future State : Gotham. It'd be great for DC to actually try and have two timelines/Earths going on at the same time.

The way issue 2 ended, yeah, I'd imagine they will. They teased half a dozen new members (including Miss Martian, who should've been included in the first place considering she completes the big seven by being Martian Manhunter's legacy).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess according to this DC article from Friday Jess will be in upcoming Flash run with Wally. Normally I would say that would be a misunderstanding of some kind given the list nature of the article but this is directly from DC's own website so this kind of indicates that Jess will be meeting Wally in the near future.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...f-future-state
    Words to live by.

I think I heard that Wally is gonna be bouncing through time, running into Jay in the past, John Fox in the distant future, etc., so running into Jess in the near-ish future seems very likely.

Finally hit the LCS this past weekend and got caught up with the FS stuff. Justice League was decent. Nothing that blew me away and it felt far too familiar to really sell me on the "next generation" aesthetic (no new franchises? Just legacies? Really?) but it was solid and what little we learn about Jess, I liked.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ever since I heard of this character, I can't help but think she could have been Rick and Jesse's kid from the future who identifies as non-binary. The main issue would have been the change in ethnicity but that could have been fixed by saying she was the grand daughter of Rick and Jesse.

Really? I love the multiverse angle they're using, it's very fitting for the Flash franchise and allows for some fun twists on the Quick name without having to screw around with the established history and/or continuity. I don't think I'd have been as interested in Jess if they were just "another child of a superhero." Making them from another earth just adds a fun layer of Flash flavored ridiculousness that I really appreciate.

But I'm a sucker for multiversal refugees anyway; Power Girl, Naomi, Hyperion, I got a soft spot for all of them!

......except Bronze Age Black Canary. That whole thing is just dumb and nearly impossible to follow.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

I dislike the multiverse stuff because Jess is entirely unrelated to the rest of the Flash Fam despite adding to its numbers and taking time. That connection interest that I have with every other character isn't there and, if I'm being honest, the only endearing thing to me about the character is that they're non-binary rep. And don't get me wrong, that's awesome. But I'd just as sooner have Jai come out as non-binary than do the across the multiverse gender swap world version of Wally 1.0.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Ever since I heard of this character, I can't help but think she could have been Rick and Jesse's kid from the future who identifies as non-binary. The main issue would have been the change in ethnicity but that could have been fixed by saying she was the grand daughter of Rick and Jesse.
    We still haven’t gotten XS who’s actually the main FLash Barry’s other grandkid from the future back yet.

Let Jess have the multiverse refugee angle.

Let Bart and hopefully XS have the descendants from the future angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I dislike the multiverse stuff because Jess is entirely unrelated to the rest of the Flash Fam despite adding to its numbers and taking time. That connection interest that I have with every other character isn't there and, if I'm being honest, the only endearing thing to me about the character is that they're non-binary rep. And don't get me wrong, that's awesome. But I'd just as sooner have Jai come out as non-binary than do the across the multiverse gender swap world version of Wally 1.0.
    You're not wrong that Jess adds more burden to an extended family that's already too large for the page space available, and their lack of relation to any Allen-Wests breaks a long running (ha!) tradition.

And it would be cool if Jai or someone already introduced but not firmly established came out as non-binary.

But while I'd normally agree with you on this and would complain about how bloated the franchise has become, I'm making an exception for Jess. I don't know much about them yet, but their story intrigues me. Like I said, I'm a sucker for this multiverse troupe and I'm not even sorry.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Really? I love the multiverse angle they're using, it's very fitting for the Flash franchise and allows for some fun twists on the Quick name without having to screw around with the established history and/or continuity. I don't think I'd have been as interested in Jess if they were just "another child of a superhero." Making them from another earth just adds a fun layer of Flash flavored ridiculousness that I really appreciate.

But I'm a sucker for multiversal refugees anyway; Power Girl, Naomi, Hyperion, I got a soft spot for all of them!

......except Bronze Age Black Canary. That whole thing is just dumb and nearly impossible to follow.
    I'm the opposite. I'm a sucker for legacies and passing of the mantle.

Multiversal refugees only work if they are used sparingly imo.

Okay so I'm reposting my theory from elsewhere but right now I'm just connecting theory string. This is how it is working in my head right now having read Infinite Frontier #0, Future State: Justice League, and some interviews with Joshua Williamson. So follow along with me here.

1. Williamson has written both Barry Allen and Jess Chambers as of right now

2. Williamson is continuing Barry's multiverse story in Infinite Frontier #1 as established in Infinite Frontier #0

3. Williamson has said that Jess Chamber will eventually show up in the present day much like other Future State Justice League members.

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-non-b...nite-frontier/

4. Williamson wrote in FS: Justice League that what brought Jess to main earth in Future State was a Multiverse Conspiracy. Specifically T.O. Morrow said in the comic "They came from the Multiverse to warn our world of a great conspiracy and stayed behind to help with the fallout" this was during the splash page run down of the future league.

5. In a recent interview about Infinite Frontier #1, Williamson describes events as a Multiverse Conspiracy. Specifically "There is a conspiracy brewing in the Multiverse after the events of Death Metal."
    https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-and-jo...nite-frontier/

Therefore my theory is Jess Chambers either as Kid Quick or Flash will show up in the main Infinite Frontier event this summer and is likely to team up with Barry Allen. Makes sense in my mind that the character they just showed off as the future Flash who travels the multiverse would learn a thing or two from Barry Allen while he is traveling the multiverse with Justice Incarnate. But please feel free to share your thoughts on my theory, and know that I have no control over comics and that I could be completely wrong.
    Words to live by.