Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm the opposite. I'm a sucker for legacies and passing of the mantle.

Multiversal refugees only work if they are used sparingly imo.
    Totally legit opinion. I'm that way about the legacies; I love a good mantle passing but I feel like there's enough of that in the Flash family already.

And I do agree that a multiversal refugee isn't something to over-use. But I don't think DC is anywhere near that point, especially if we only count the characters currently being used (poor Power Girl....). But that's just me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Totally legit opinion. I'm that way about the legacies; I love a good mantle passing but I feel like there's enough of that in the Flash family already.

And I do agree that a multiversal refugee isn't something to over-use. But I don't think DC is anywhere near that point, especially if we only count the characters currently being used (poor Power Girl....). But that's just me.
    Some of it is that The Flash cast is already bloated and there are other minority characters who can't even see the light of day, and Jess is going to swoop in and eat all of that screen time toot sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Some of it is that The Flash cast is already bloated and there are other minority characters who can't even see the light of day, and Jess is going to swoop in and eat all of that screen time toot sweet.
    I know. And that sucks. I think the Flash world got a lot smaller when Barry returned, honestly, and tons of great characters are being ignored. That's not a slight against Barry, I've enjoyed several of his runs, but it's all about *him* now, everyone else is lucky to be in orbit. But I try not to blame that on the characters. We're not getting XS or Max or John or Jesse (are we even getting Wallace?), but Kid Quick isn't the reason why, DC's ambivalence is. We weren't getting these characters before Future State either, and at least Jess is (in my opinion) conceptually interesting. /shrug

....it also might help that I view Jess more as a new addition to the Quick family than the Flash dynasty. That's splitting hairs I know, but in my head it makes a difference. Jess isn't an extra burden on a A-list franchise that can't find page space for its established members, Jess is a fun new addition to a small but storied super family long overshadowed by their famous cousins. It's nice to see a speedster hail from DC's *other* super fast family, yknow? Even if they are from an alternate earth and take the "Flash" name in a possible/maybe/probably not future.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Alright, not exactly where I thought Jess would show up but I'll take it, I like them and am glad we will get to see more of them at DC.

Flash of Earth-11 (Jess Chambers) by Danny Lore & Lisa Sterle
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Are Marvel and DC going to end up fighting over Lore? They take over Champions next month, while DC seems to only be giving them one-shots. Makes sense that they put Lore on Earth-11 Flash though, as they're non-binary like the character.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

What ethnicity is Jess?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What ethnicity is Jess?
    Hard to say honestly, I would assume from looking at them either African American or Hispanic.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Honest question: which is the motivation of Jess Chambers? What make Jess Chambers to do what Jess Chambers do?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Honest question: which is the motivation of Jess Chambers? What make Jess Chambers to do what Jess Chambers do?
    I assume because on their world Jess’s Aunt Jessie Quick was Earth-11’s main Flash. So a little like any other superhero with a family member who decides to take after them like Damian or Jon. So I guess you could say that Jess takes after Wally or Wallace.

Why they are on the main earth? Something about a multiverse conspiracy, which I’m assuming is the infinite frontier event coming in June.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Jess is Earth 11 Wallace. Presumably African American because of that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I know. And that sucks. I think the Flash world got a lot smaller when Barry returned, honestly, and tons of great characters are being ignored. That's not a slight against Barry, I've enjoyed several of his runs, but it's all about *him* now, everyone else is lucky to be in orbit. But I try not to blame that on the characters. We're not getting XS or Max or John or Jesse (are we even getting Wallace?), but Kid Quick isn't the reason why, DC's ambivalence is. We weren't getting these characters before Future State either, and at least Jess is (in my opinion) conceptually interesting. /shrug

....it also might help that I view Jess more as a new addition to the Quick family than the Flash dynasty. That's splitting hairs I know, but in my head it makes a difference. Jess isn't an extra burden on a A-list franchise that can't find page space for its established members, Jess is a fun new addition to a small but storied super family long overshadowed by their famous cousins. It's nice to see a speedster hail from DC's *other* super fast family, yknow? Even if they are from an alternate earth and take the "Flash" name in a possible/maybe/probably not future.
    I agree with this sentiment, which is why I also don't feel like Jess overburdens the Flash Legacy. The Quick family can exist outside of the Flash, even though they are very important to that mythology, but Jesse and Johnny were part of teams outside of the Flash like the Justice Society. However, if this was the Green Lantern legacy discussion, then I have a lot to say about how that side is overburden by too many Lanterns who can't seem to get enough attention.

I think Jess will continue to exist within the Justice League/Multiverse corner of the DC Universe. I could see Jess starring in a back-up story in The Flash, maybe even getting their own mini-series.

The problem now is that fans don't get to see the rest of the Flash family. At this point, I guess it's just a waiting game.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Jess is Earth 11 Wallace. Presumably African American because of that.
    Have we seen Earth 11’s Jesse Quick?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Jess and Andy were cute in future state

december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

An interview about the upcoming Jess story in the Pride Anthology, apparently Jess is running late for a date because of a new mirror master.

https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/dc-...mpression=true

Also fashion montage

Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    An interview about the upcoming Jess story in the Pride Anthology, apparently Jess is running late for a date because of a new mirror master.

https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/dc-...mpression=true

Also fashion montage

Is the date with Andy?