Default House/powers of x question

When moria faked her death with the golem was Xavier in on that? Going back i reread dreams end and he seems pretty upset. Was that all for show or was he unaware?

Quote Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
    When moria faked her death with the golem was Xavier in on that? Going back i reread dreams end and he seems pretty upset. Was that all for show or was he unaware?
    That was written before the retcon, Claremont had no idea she was a mutant at that point or that it was a golem so of course he was upset.

I guess the new canon is that it was all for show. Which I guess makes sense, they had to sell the idea that she was really dead.

Incredible Member

The best way to interpret it is that Xavier did think it was the real Moira, what with the flashback issue that came out after that showing their history (which is slightly complicated by the retcon) and that Moira revealed herself as alive to him and Magneto recently.

Astonishing Member

Knowing Moira he was probably aware but at the last moment she could have made a switch ,so that he thinks he is with Moira prime but he is with the Golem(that is a perfect dupe one he cannot recognise is fake) while the real Moira is either hiding in a higher civilisation like Chandilar or if she's clever she used a time machine to go back in time before she was born or using a ghost box travelled into an alternate reality where her death cannot trigger an apocalypse. My theory

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    The best way to interpret it is that Xavier did think it was the real Moira, what with the flashback issue that came out after that showing their history (which is slightly complicated by the retcon) and that Moira revealed herself as alive to him and Magneto recently.
    He’d have to know she wasn’t really dead though, because of how her power works. I’d go with “no-one told Claremont of the retcon that would happen decades later”.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    He’d have to know she wasn’t really dead though, because of how her power works. I’d go with “no-one told Claremont of the retcon that would happen decades later”.
    If he did, I don’t think it would have made a difference: he did what he wanted. Like Hickman does what he wants. There’s no X-men bible.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That’s just terrible editing, dontchathink?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver