Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Is Your All-Time Favorite Spider-man story?

This might be a subjective question, but is there a single definitive Spider-man story?

IF NOT, what is your all-time favorite Spider-man story?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    This might be a subjective question, but is there a single definitive Spider-man story?

Definitive: The Night Gwen Stacy Died.
    All -time favourite: Amazing Fantasy #15.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    There's no such thing as "a single definitive Spider-Man story" because if there were then that means Lee and Ditko failed and their creation never became famous and big and lasting.

Any serial superhero character that's lasting cannot be reduced to a single definitive story.

Favorite story and what I think is the best Spider-Man story is Kraven's Last Hunt by J. M. DeMatteis and Mike Zeck.

Favorite single issue is ASM#246 - "The Daydreamers".

My Top (3) Three Personal Favorites would be...

"The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man!"
    (The Amazing Spider-Man #248)

"All My Pasts Remembered!"
    (The Amazing Spider-Man #259)

"Venom!"
    (The Amazing Spider-Man #300)

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-05-2021 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

I don't think there is a single definitive Spider-Man story. My all-time favorite is The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man, though. There hasn't been a single time reading it when I haven't teared up. I think you also can't tell this story with any other superhero. There's something so personal about the way Spidey connects with Tim that I don't know if any other hero could have captured that in the same way. That's part of what I think makes it one of the best Spider-Man stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I don't think there is a single definitive Spider-Man story. My all-time favorite is The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man, though. There hasn't been a single time reading it when I haven't teared up. I think you also can't tell this story with any other superhero. There's something so personal about the way Spidey connects with Tim that I don't know if any other hero could have captured that in the same way. That's part of what I think makes it one of the best Spider-Man stories.
    An awesome and moving issue I bought last year at a comic con just before the pandemic shut things.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Cool

The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man is good and one of my faves but my all time favorite is definitely...

Kraven's Last Hunt

Spectacular Member

My two favourite Spider-Man stories (or story-arcs) of all time are:

- "Turning Point" / "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" (The Amazing Spider-Man Vol.1 121 - June 1973) - You all know it. Norman Osborn goes crazy and kills Gwen Stacy in order to destroy Peter Parker's life.
    - "Darkness Calling" / "Trick of the Light") (The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 25 / Peter Parker Spider-Man 25 - January 2001) - Norman Osborn returns and tries to convince Peter to join the dark side, using creepy methods.

Fun Fact: 2 of these stories have an almost identical cover, featuring Spider-Man from the back and his best friends and enemies' faces on the background.

clean.jpg

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_2_25.jpg

Peter_Parker_Spider-Man_Vol_2_25.jpg

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

My favourite Spidey arcs are probably The Master Planner Saga, Life Story, and Spider-Man Blue. My favourite issue is probably To Have And To Hold.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

The Death of Jean DeWolff is up there, for me.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

A toss up between Kraven Last Hunt and Revenge of the Green Goblin. I do have a soft spot for The Kid Who Collected Spider-Man and To Have And To Hold (that story was such a nice surprise for me when i first read it).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Cool

Definitive - Amazing Fantasy #15

My Favorite - Kraven's Last Hunt
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Definitive: If This Be My Destiny... by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko their greatest work on the character and it's iconic ending has been replicated in other media but never quite duplicated.

Favorite: Kraven's Last Hunt/Soul of the Hunter by JM DeMattis and Mike Zeck. Is this the "darkest" Spider-Man story maybe but it shows the major difference between Spider-Man and Daredevil is that Spider-Man doesn't dwell in the dark he leads to light while Daredevil would wallow in the darkness of that story for years. In it's sequel Spider-Man has to forgive Kraven, it's a short sequel (a one-shot) but it does the job.

Amazing Spider-Man #153 has been a favorite of mine since I first bought it off the racks all those years ago.
    s-l640.jpg

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    The Death of Jean DeWolff is up there, for me.
    Yeah, that was pretty good... and the Sin Eater storyline I liked quite a bit. Don't think that was mentioned. Doesn't beat KLH for me still, though.