Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I'll strongly disagree with you on Bone. It is a timeless adventure that sells as well to the young readers of today through Scholastic and others and resonates still with those audiences, as it did when it was coming out in singles and reaching only direct market comic customers. It reaches and resonates with a wider audience now, than it did when it was coming out.

-M
    This! I have read Bone three times. It still holds up. Its timeless.

And I have read Cerebus twice, still funny as hell.

ForeverNow1.jpg

{note from CBR: This is not an ego-boost thread, please stick to serious answers.}

OK, then, this is high on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    *ahem*

Love And Rockets.
    Many other books do compete, but the differing style of the Hernandez brothers puts this over the top for me.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

The below get my top three votes, certainly, in terms of popularity and pop culture impact they are important.

TMNT
    Spawn
    The Walking Dead
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't see where Spawn has had much of an impact on pop culture. Blips on the radar but Spawn hasn't really materialized outside of comics. His film was a flop. His HBO animated show while good isn't one most outside of comicdom likely recall. His toys are for collectors...of said comics. Spawn isn't hitting 10yr olds wish lists.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I don't see where Spawn has had much of an impact on pop culture. Blips on the radar but Spawn hasn't really materialized outside of comics. His film was a flop. His HBO animated show while good isn't one most outside of comicdom likely recall. His toys are for collectors...of said comics. Spawn isn't hitting 10yr olds wish lists.
    However, it was among the initial comic book series from Image Comics and it is still being published some +/-thirty years later.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    That is a great comic accomplishment and for the sake of the OPs intent it should be a contender.

I was arguing against @Celgress statement that Spawn has had a meaningful impact on Pop Culture in the way TMNT or The Walking Dead have that he listed Spawn with.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime