Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default What do you want from Batman in Batman v Superman?

I've been binge reading Batman for the past month and a half so I think I've basically understood what I NEED to for the Batman universe. So after all of this and watching all of the movies I wanted to know what other people wanted just from the Batman character in Batman v Superman.

For me? I want this:

Aged (confirmed)
    Actual Batmobile (I really liked the Tumbler because it fit completely with Nolan's universe and I love his movies but I want an actual Batmobile)
    The Bat Tank (from TDKR)
    An actual Batcave (one of like three things I can think of that I really wish were done better in the Nolan films)
    I don't care about actual Batman voice just not the George Clooney "I'm Batman" and I'll be happy
    I don't know if this apart of the comics or not, but I want Bruce Wayne to be treated as an actual business man and not some kid. Again, I don't how this is handled in the comics but I would like to see it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagocats View Post
    I've been binge reading Batman for the past month and a half so I think I've basically understood what I NEED to for the Batman universe. So after all of this and watching all of the movies I wanted to know what other people wanted just from the Batman character in Batman v Superman.

For me? I want this:

Aged (confirmed)
    Actual Batmobile (I really liked the Tumbler because it fit completely with Nolan's universe and I love his movies but I want an actual Batmobile)
    The Bat Tank (from TDKR)
    An actual Batcave (one of like three things I can think of that I really wish were done better in the Nolan films)
    I don't care about actual Batman voice just not the George Clooney "I'm Batman" and I'll be happy
    I don't know if this apart of the comics or not, but I want Bruce Wayne to be treated as an actual business man and not some kid. Again, I don't how this is handled in the comics but I would like to see it.
    I want a Batman who is one of the best fighter and one the greatest mind of the DC universe. Nolan Batman was just an idiot in a bat suit. And oh my God, Batman fight scenes were so crappy. Nolan really did a number on Batman with all that "I don't want to be Batman anymore" nonsense. I want a Batman who wants to be Batman. Plain and simple.

I would love to see "Detective Batman," something that we've barely gotten in the films. It was hinted in the first film, with Bruce Wayne looking into Joker's tampered products, and again in Batman Returns, when he's digging into Penguin's background. But Batman has always been called "The World's Greatest Detective," so let's see it. Some of my favorite moments in Batman: The Animated Series was when he'd be lurking around a dark office at night, flashlight in hand, riffling through files and putting the pieces of a mystery together. I'd love to see that in a live-action film.

As bagocats said, an actual Batcave would be nice, too, since it appears we're getting an actual Batmobile again.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

The Batmobile in BvS, as seen in the promos that have been released, is a pretty far cry from the Tumbler, so I think the movie's already covered the "Batmobile" part.

What I personally want? I want Batman to be running around with Robin, played by Marlan Wayans, who in this movieverse is a 40-something man in the classic tights and pixie boots outfit.

But in all honesty, I want a Batman movie where they finally show the detective aspect. None of the live-action Batmen (except West) have quite convinced me that they'd actually be worthy of the title of the World's Greatest Detective.

And some better Batman fight scenes, another aspect I've felt all of the prior Batman movies in live-action have lacked. This would be a good time for Snyder to bring back his trademark slow-mo cuz stylish and stuff, which was strangely absent from Man of Steel.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 08-19-2014 at 09:10 PM.

I'd like it to be the greatest comic movie of all time. But I'll keep my expectations in check.

It seems people have a habit of forgetting the detective work he did in the Nolan movies.
    Last edited by MykeHavoc; 08-19-2014 at 09:42 PM.

I'd like a Bruce Wayne more akin to Michael Keaton and TAS Bruce. Very kind, but also comes across as a little naïve, a little silly. Someone who doesn't have to publicly speak out against a guy who dresses up as a bat to throw the scent off him, because his demeanor does the job entirely.

Nolan's Batman was one of my favorite if not my favorite interpretation of the character with his flawed, more human Batman. In the DCCU though, I want to see them go the other way. Give me full on, unapologetic, Batgod. I want Batman to steal the show and maintain his top spot in the DC Universe.

I want him to be the best martial artist, a genius capable of making contingency plans against all of the Justice League, and the biggest badass in this shared universe.

Many probably hate this but I want Bruce to stand out amongst a team of Gods as a regular person who's mastered so many trades that he is worthy of standing next to them. Morrison's Batman would be a good prototype for this. Don't get me wrong, I love a regular Batman in a Gotham story but since this movie ties to the greater DC Universe, I want Batman to be more of Batgod

the Nolan films tried very hard to make their Batman as "real world" as possible. i would like to see a more comic book version of Batman. by that i mean i want to see him do some incredible stuff you probably couldnt pull off without CGI. bring the fun back to Bats. but i also dont want to see Batman holding his own against Superman. i hope he throws every weapon he has at him but still must retreat. i dont care how much more strength his super armor gives him, he shouldnt be able to go toe to toe with Superman. he could have a whole ambush planned out with hypersonics, flash bangs, etc. he would have a whole strategy planned out because you know, he's Batman.

what i really want is for them to retire Bale's ridiculous bat-growl. really hoping Affleck doesnt try to copy that. im a little worried that Snyder and co. are consulting Frank Miller. while his older work was great the guy is bat-shit crazy. please dont make the new Bats talk like Miller currently writes. "I'm the god damn Batfleck!"

I'm certainly hoping for better action scenes. One of my complaints about Man of Steel is that the action scenes seemed really restrained, and kind of boring. Considering that making kick-ass action scenes is one of Snyder's strong points, I was really surprised by this. Here's hoping Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice will give more satisfaction in that department, so even if the movie sucks, I can still say, "Hey, remember that one scene with [insert cool action scene description here]? Yeah, that part kicked ass."

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    the Nolan films tried very hard to make their Batman as "real world" as possible. i would like to see a more comic book version of Batman. by that i mean i want to see him do some incredible stuff you probably couldnt pull off without CGI. bring the fun back to Bats. but i also dont want to see Batman holding his own against Superman. i hope he throws every weapon he has at him but still must retreat. i dont care how much more strength his super armor gives him, he shouldnt be able to go toe to toe with Superman. he could have a whole ambush planned out with hypersonics, flash bangs, etc. he would have a whole strategy planned out because you know, he's Batman.
    You know, I'd agree with this if it was comic book Superman, who is pretty goddamn powerful and a genius to boot, but Snyder's Superman doesn't seem all that smart, nor very powerful (he was getting hurt by bullets if I recall correctly, which I still call bullshit on), so I don't think I'd be too surprised or annoyed if Batman were able to hold his own.
    Last edited by The Red Monk; 08-19-2014 at 11:50 PM.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

The only thing I particularly want to see is legacy. In all of Batman's cinematic incarnations, we've never gotten passed the first Robin. We got a Batgirl in the movie that shall not be named, and yet the one thing consistently missing from cinematic Batman is his sense of legacy. We're always introduced to family members and villains as if Batman's met them for the first time. I'd like Batman v Superman to change that. We know Batfleck will be an older Batman, so hopefully this confirms the sense of legacy with at least 2 Robins under his belt, a fully-fleshed out rogue's gallery, and a Gotham that relishes in the protection of it's "silent guardian" rather than constantly trying to get used to the idea.

Better fight scenes
    More psychological batman he should be able to look at people and know them almost personally
    Determined batman no more I want to quit someday
    More gadgets
    Basically I want arkham batman on film

Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

I don't expect much except that this is supposed to be the stepping stone to a Justice League movie. I'm sure that is meant to be bigger. This one is more like what the first Hobbit and Lord of the Rings movies are: build-ups. But even a build-up can be smashing good.

I'd like to see a lot of wit in Batman's attempts to out-think Superman. Such as in Byrne's 80s run where he hid a bomb trigger on his body which would be activated to kill an innocent if Superman crossed his space. Superman could see he was telling the truth looking at his pulse. Not knowing the "innocent" was Batman himself.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    The only thing I particularly want to see is legacy. In all of Batman's cinematic incarnations, we've never gotten passed the first Robin. We got a Batgirl in the movie that shall not be named, and yet the one thing consistently missing from cinematic Batman is his sense of legacy. We're always introduced to family members and villains as if Batman's met them for the first time. I'd like Batman v Superman to change that. We know Batfleck will be an older Batman, so hopefully this confirms the sense of legacy with at least 2 Robins under his belt, a fully-fleshed out rogue's gallery, and a Gotham that relishes in the protection of it's "silent guardian" rather than constantly trying to get used to the idea.
    Quoted for truth, though I'd hope that it was Dick and Tim so we could get a Red Hood movie for the Batman standalone film.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Batman's snapped neck
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut