BANNED

Default Vikings Season Finale (SPOILERS)

I'll start, obviously there will be spoilers as the title clearly indicates.

-

I absolutely loved how they played Bjorn's death, first they made us think he was going to die by the end of S6 Part 1, then they gave us hope and pretty much confirmed he was still alive with the release of the trailers, thus fooling the viewers that he'd be there for the rest of the season, then finally they flipped all of that by having him die in the very next episode, and what a death that was, probably the best executed and epic death of the show.

However, it was all downhill after that, none of the plots had anything interesting going on for them, it was a massive chore to get through Ingrid's story, Gunnhild's fate was atrocious, the search for new lands by Ubbe and Othere was really boring (which is sad since after Bjorn, Ubbe is my favorite son of Ragnar) and only started to get interesting once they did find that new land, but it was almost at the very end, too little too late.

There was also a noticeable lack of battles compared to previous seasons, however that was somehow compensated with some nice character moments and development for Harald, Hvitserk and Ivar, but they were far too little in the midst of several boring plots that seemed to go nowhere.

Thankfully, as soon as Ivar decided to invade Wessex once more, the show regained its quality for the last three episodes and gave us what we were accustomed to get from it, the plot gained a much needed momentum and epic battles were once more a thing.

Final scene is beautiful and all I really saw was actually Floki and Ragnar (instead of Ubbe) sitting on a beach contemplating the paradise, which I think was the intention of the scene, to mimic Ragnar sitting next to Floki by using Ubbe, and in doing so, transporting us to the old days when all there was, was Ragnar and Floki with a dream, and they did it wonderfully.

Astonishing Member

Yes, fantastic ending. I really loved how Floki and Ubbe sat next to each other and just talked peacefully.

And I was raving mad at the guy who killed the Indian just for the gold nugget. I saw it coming and was furious, because usually you see intruder in strange lands fighting the locals because of fear and mistrust, and the writer choose something else for the story. A rare circumstance.

If I were Ubbe I had killed him instantly in front of the Indians.

One of my favorite shows ever, next to GoT, Spartacus, Rome, Madalorian and Breaking Bad and Chernobyl. I am sad to see it ending, but a show that never ends cannot achive greatness.