Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

JASON AARON & TORUNN GRØNBEKK (W) • MATTIA DE IULIS (A/C)
    Variant Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    Headshot Variant Cover by TODD NAUCK
    REBORN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Variant Cover by Mahmud Asrar
    Variant Cover by Skottie Young
    JANE FOSTER GETS A FRESH START – AND ALLIES BOTH NEW AND OLD!
    Jane Foster believed she was the only Valkyrie left – but the fight against Knull, the King in Black, proved her wrong. Now the Valkyries must redefine their roles in a changing world – and Asgard's not going to make it easy. When Loki comes to Jane with rumors of a beast stalking the souls of Midgard, she leaps into action – but she's not the only one after the strange wolf's hide. She'll need backup...but her ancient coworker has other priorities. Years ago, the warrior made a promise to a woman she loved. And now, it's time to follow through. Get the real story behind the Marvel Universe's newest star – and don't miss the start of an all-new epic adventure from powerhouses Jason Aaron, Torunn Grønbekk and Mattia de Iulis!

"Oh noes?" Okay...

I hope they fix Sentry in this.

Cates did him dirty.

based on #3 spoilers:
    he was consumed by the dead Celestial or something.
    end of spoilers

the new Valkyrie is... fun.
    Last edited by GodThor; 02-24-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I hope they fix Sentry in this.

Cates did him dirty.

based on #3 spoilers:
    he was consumed by the dead Celestial or something.
    end of spoilers

the new Valkyrie is... fun.
    Utterly defecated over the Sentry. Hurts to see my favourite so badly written. I didn't think it could get any worse than the Bendis era.

Astonishing Member

I might like winged Jane's look better than her Thor look. And Knull's sword being fed power from a dead Celestial hidden between planes is a neat idea and gives the Valkyries plenty to do, too bad I don't think Cates has referenced any of it. Maybe in the final KIB issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Utterly defecated over the Sentry. Hurts to see my favourite so badly written. I didn't think it could get any worse than the Bendis era.
    I was thinking how this could set up a return, but at this point hoping out loud risks jinxing it... Sentry's upper half is still in Earth's orbit, you never know if they still have something nefarious planned for it. The conclusion to this book isn't even out for a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I might like winged Jane's look better than her Thor look. And Knull's sword being fed power from a dead Celestial hidden between planes is a neat idea and gives the Valkyries plenty to do, too bad I don't think Cates has referenced any of it. Maybe in the final KIB issue.
    to me, she looks better as a Valkyrie than Thor.

THE MIGHTY VALKYRIES #3 (OF 5)
    JASON AARON & TORUNN GRØNBEKK (W)
    MATTIA DE IULIS (A/C)
    PRIDE MONTH VARIANT COVER BY PHIL JIMENEZ
    VIRGIN PRIDE MONTH VARIANT COVER
    BY PHIL JIMENEZ
    SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CHILDREN OF THE AFTERLIFE!
    While Kraven the Hunter stalks Jane Foster on Midgard and the newest Valkyrie fights for her soul on Perdita, Karnilla, the queen of Hel, works a miracle in the land of the dead! But Karnilla isn't Hel's only ruler—and now she's upset the cosmic balance. There will be a price to pay…and Karnilla intends to ensure the Valkyries pay it.

BANNED

I won’t lie I definitely preferred the Jane Thor look, I just didn’t like the fact she was called Thor or it was done by taking away the hammer from Thor.

The whole tall blonde woman who commands thunder just looked more visually appealing to me. The fact she was introduced with her identity being unknown was genius and it made the character a mystery. I definitely like the fact that her appearance as Thor differed from her appearance as Jane. Which added to the surprise of the reveal.

Valkyrie is a better name though for an alias than Thor
    43B467DA-3A4E-4966-B433-C19525CA35BE.jpg
    E4430E6B-D48A-4037-B289-17F7921DB273.jpg

That second cover there is weird because in story she was NEVER seen with her helmet off. Even when she did take it off (like that time she put it on Sam Wilson's head so she could safely whack him when he tried to pass on the team leadership just because he was no longer Captain America), her face was kept in shadow.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That second cover there is weird because in story she was NEVER seen with her helmet off. Even when she did take it off (like that time she put it on Sam Wilson's head so she could safely whack him when he tried to pass on the team leadership just because he was no longer Captain America), her face was kept in shadow.
    she took it off at the end of her Thor run when Mjölnir got destroyed so you could see her face.

BANNED

I believe it to just be fanart. I was surprised when they practically gave her 1610 mljonir and it made her a Valkyrie though I will admit. Personally think it would be cool if they’re was a transformation available to her to still reach that Goddess of Thunder form maybe with some drawback. Like a super Saiyan transformation.

Definitely curious to see what Love and Thunder does especially if they’re not doing the cancer storyline

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I believe it to just be fanart. I was surprised when they practically gave her 1610 mljonir and it made her a Valkyrie though I will admit. Personally think it would be cool if they’re was a transformation available to her to still reach that Goddess of Thunder form maybe with some drawback. Like a super Saiyan transformation.

Definitely curious to see what Love and Thunder does especially if they’re not doing the cancer storyline
    I think for now her Thor transformation will probably be a "once in a blue moon" thing. I'm not expecting it to be as frequent as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Yeah, I thought they were, but set photos showed her with a bob haircut. Shorter than in the previous movies, comic accurate to how pre-cancer Jane looked, but definitely not how she'd look if she was doing chemotherapy. Also she seemed to be doing flying scenes in civilian clothing, indicating that she may have gained powers without a complete transformation.

In the comics, in theory, she should still also be able to become Thor. After all, her All-Weapon was 1610 Mjolnir, which did give her her Thor form back initially. It would probably still be her hero look had she not become the Valkyrie. And I can see it being used temporarily again when the movie comes out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I’d definitely enjoy that. Or if she could somehow mix the Valkyrie and Goddess of Thunder forms that could be really intriguing. See her fight as The goddess of Thunder but with the All weapon would of been really intriguing to me though. The Valkyrie design looks cool to though nonetheless