Mighty Member

Post James Madrox: Multiple Man Appreciation 2021

Let's start the new year by multiplying the thread. Oh should I say Multiple Man. Let's hope 2021 that he will join in any upcoming X-books.

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_5_2_Textless.jpgMadrox_Vol_1_2_Textless.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Let's start the new year by multiplying the thread. Oh should I say Multiple Man. Let's hope 2021 that he will join in any upcoming X-books.

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_5_2_Textless.jpgMadrox_Vol_1_2_Textless.jpg
    Is it okay to love the character thanks to Peter David?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    I thinks that's who put him on the radar for most of us!

I knew he existed, but even PAD's earlier use of him in (early) X-Factor (back when Havok or Polaris ran the group and he had a blue costume with a brown trenchcoat) or Fallen Angels didn't really do much for me. Not until his own mini-series and then the last run on X-Factor (Investigations) did he really break out for me.

It's funny, he could be so much more Wolverine than Wolverine, in that he could *literally* be on every team, simultaneously. There could be Madroxes up on SWORD, others on Krakoa, some in the Savage Land, etc. And they'd all have each other on speed-dial.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Just noticed that this appreciation thread existed.
    Sure. David wrote what would be considered Madrox's most important stories. Particularly his marriage to Layla Millar in my opinion.

Some other stories that were good include his recent appearance in Empyre: X-Men. Also his appearance in Casey's X-Corp story from his old Uncanny run. I felt that they both did a good job of showing how Jamie's powers could be used to turn him into a one man army. I'd say that Empyre probably did a better job though. I felt that it did a much better job of capturing his sense of humor.

I may be in the minority on this, but I also enjoyed Rosenberg's Multiple Man mini series.

He was a great fit for X-Corp in Empyre but they completely dropped the ball on that. If that series ever gets rolling, Id hope that he would be on it

Yeah, I'd like to see him as part ox X-Corp also. Assuming that the comic is ever published. I thought that the first issue of Empyre was great, and then it went down hill as Madrox and the other X-Corp characters started to take more of a back seat to other X-Men and Hordeculture. I think that they barely even touched up on his past as Monet's teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see him as part ox X-Corp also. Assuming that the comic is ever published. I thought that the first issue of Empyre was great, and then it went down hill as Madrox and the other X-Corp characters started to take more of a back seat to other X-Men and Hordeculture. I think that they barely even touched up on his past as Monet's teammate.
    that mini should have been used as an origin for the upcoming X-Corp team but after that first issue it went downhill and X-Corp was no longer a focal point. I dont think the team name was even mentioned again

It's great to know that Layla Miller will be returning soon. I've really been wondering about her status. Hopefully her marriage to Jamie Madrox will be addressed, and why we haven't seen them togather yet. Jamie and Layla made for some good stories togather in my opinion. I hope that it is not just a one and done guest star type of thing.

It's great to know that Layla Miller will be returning soon. I've really been wondering about her status. Hopefully her marriage to Jamie Madrox will be addressed, and why we haven't seen them togather yet. Jamie and Layla made for some good stories togather in my opinion. I hope that it is not just a one and done guest star type of thing.
    Hopefully we can get some clarification on if he’s og Madrox or the Rosencanny version too. Hopefully the former

Excited to Layla!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Hopefully we can get some clarification on if he’s og Madrox or the Rosencanny version too. Hopefully the former
    I think that it could be a Maddie Pryor like situation. The X-Men could have resurrected the original Jamie, and the decided that they don't need the Rosenburg version of the character. Seems kind of dubious of the X-Men to do this, seeing as the new version of Jamie Prime was a real person, who tried to spend time getting to better know people like his wife. Or, maybe the original version of Jamie was able to simply reabsorb the new Jamie Prime. This is the type of stories that X-Factor should have been dealing with.

Or, maybe Jamie is just using one f his dupes to make Layla think that Jamie is with her. It would be pretty mean on Jamie's part if that is what he is doing.
    Last edited by Thievery; 06-08-2021 at 04:30 AM.

I think that it could be a Maddie Pryor like situation. The X-Men could have resurrected the original Jamie, and the decided that they don't need the Rosenburg version of the character. Seems kind of dubious of the X-Men to do this, seeing as the new version of Jamie Prime was a real person, who tried to spend time getting to better know people like his wife.
    I found it odd that Layla was completely fine with a dupe just showing up like that, with how different they can be from one another. Then again, maybe it was a grief thing where she decided having a Jamie was better than no Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I found it odd that Layla was completely fine with a dupe just showing up like that, with how different they can be from one another. Then again, maybe it was a grief thing where she decided having a Jamie was better than no Jamie.
    It almost reminds me of Cyclops and the way he got togather with a Jean Grey look alike in Maddie Pryor.
    This one is a little different though, seeing as the new Jamie Prime actually was Jamie, even if he was a new one. If I remember correctly the New Jamie had all of the old Jamie's memories, but none of his feelings, or emotional attachments. Or maybe I am misremembering, and the new Jamie Prime didn't care at all, seeing as he was a Jamie kept in storage, if I remember correctly. Still, either way, at least the new Jamie tried to make things work with his wife, and didn't just ignore her. So there was something for Layla to latch onto, an actual Jamie, even if she was suffering from grief.