Spectacular Member

Default Krypton: What if Adam Strange was Supergirl's Grandfather?

Just an idea that's been kicking around in my head after the cancelation of the show Krypton. What if DC added the show to its Superman continuity. Towards the end of the show Adam Strange was pretty much adopted into the El family. Adam went back in time to save Superman from not ever being born, and he succeeded, but after so many years of the struggle he met his Kryptonian significant other, got married and decided to stay on Krypton, one of his children was Allura, Kara Zor El's mother, there was no mention of Supergirl in the show, so maybe he created her. What do you think of that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    Just an idea that's been kicking around in my head after the cancelation of the show Krypton. What if DC added the show to its Superman continuity. Towards the end of the show Adam Strange was pretty much adopted into the El family. Adam went back in time to save Superman from not ever being born, and he succeeded, but after so many years of the struggle he met his Kryptonian significant other, got married and decided to stay on Krypton, one of his children was Allura, Kara Zor El's mother, there was no mention of Supergirl in the show, so maybe he created her. What do you think of that idea?
    Nah. The whole mythos of the character is in Rann. Or do you mean in the CW universe?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nah. The whole mythos of the character is in Rann. Or do you mean in the CW universe?
    I don't know what Rann is, but if Adam Strange is her grandfather, it does provide Kara an alternate means of getting to Earth, as it only transports one person safely, Adam Strange gives it to her when Krypton is about to explode.

Adam Strange could also have taught Kara English.
    Last edited by Tom Kalbfus; 01-06-2021 at 04:37 AM.

Read any comic or tv show or movie featuring Adam Strange besides "Krypton". Adam Strange is essentially John Carter as a superhero, and he became a superhero when he travelled to Rann, a really advanced planet civilization. Nearly all of his stories are set in Rann.

Spectacular Member

Read any comic or tv show or movie featuring Adam Strange besides "Krypton". Adam Strange is essentially John Carter as a superhero, and he became a superhero when he travelled to Rann, a really advanced planet civilization. Nearly all of his stories are set in Rann.
    That doesn't mean that he couldn't retire on Krypton when his adventuring days are over. Also he could teach Kara to fight, and perhaps her one quarter human blood might give her some Kryptonite resistance, that would come as an unpleasant surprise to Lex Luthor, as he uses the stuff often.

That doesn't mean that he couldn't retire on Krypton when his adventuring days are over. Also he could teach Kara to fight, and perhaps her one quarter human blood might give her some Kryptonite resistance, that would come as an unpleasant surprise to Lex Luthor, as he uses the stuff often.
    The Krypton tv show is the only story where he ever visited Krypton, as far as I know. Adam Strange isn't a time traveller and Krypton was long destroyed by the time he was born. And he usually didn't go to any other planet besides Rann.

Spectacular Member

The Krypton tv show is the only story where he ever visited Krypton, as far as I know. Adam Strange isn't a time traveller and Krypton was long destroyed by the time he was born. And he usually didn't go to any other planet besides Rann.
    There will probably be another reboot of the franchise however, they could rewrite things however they like.

There will probably be another reboot of the franchise however, they could rewrite things however they like.
    Why would they though? He doesn't need that. Right now there's a mini series by Tom King called Strange Adventures. It's still in the middle of coming out and it's telling a solid story without having to change his whole mythos.

Spectacular Member

Why would they though? He doesn't need that. Right now there's a mini series by Tom King called Strange Adventures. It's still in the middle of coming out and it's telling a solid story without having to change his whole mythos.
    It's been rebooted several times and it probably will be again when the characters get old. I don't know why they used Adam Strange, can you think of a better guy?

It's been rebooted several times and it probably will be again when the characters get old. I don't know why they used Adam Strange, can you think of a better guy?
    Krypton wasn't a successful show. It was probably far too expensive for the ratings it got, and that's why it was cancelled so soon. So no, they won't write any stories where Adam Strange visits Krypton because nobody is asking for that.

And tho I didn't watch Kryoton, I just wanna say that it's version of Lobo was outstanding. That guys was both funny and intensely cool.

Spectacular Member

Krypton wasn't a successful show. It was probably far too expensive for the ratings it got, and that's why it was cancelled so soon. So no, they won't write any stories where Adam Strange visits Krypton because nobody is asking for that.

And tho I didn't watch Kryoton, I just wanna say that it's version of Lobo was outstanding. That guys was both funny and intensely cool.
    If it had an actual superhero in it, it would have better ratings, just think about who would be watching it, superman fans, but the main problem is there is no Superman, and it is too far back in history to be of much interest to Superman fans. You have Zod without superpowers and a human from Earth going at each other toe-to-toe, and Adam Strange stands a real chance of killing him because Zod has no superpowers. It plays up to the expectations game without fulfilling them. I think the era right before Krypton's destruction would have been more interesting than one generation removed from that.

I saw Krypton's take on Adam Strange as Booster Gold. So having Booster Gold fall in love with a Kryptonian before it blows up is something I could see happening.

As for why they didn't use Booster Gold, I think its the same reason why they used Ray Palmer instead of Ted Kord on Arrow. There was another project that the rights got tied up in.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I saw Krypton's take on Adam Strange as Booster Gold. So having Booster Gold fall in love with a Kryptonian before it blows up is something I could see happening.

As for why they didn't use Booster Gold, I think its the same reason why they used Ray Palmer instead of Ted Kord on Arrow. There was another project that the rights got tied up in.
    It would help Kara integrate with human culture upon arrival on Earth if Adam Strange taught her English before she left.