View Poll Results: Which Poison Ivy appearance(s) in 2021 are you excited for?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Queen Ivy storyline (and possible spin-off book)

27 54.00%
  • Poison Ivy: Thorns YA graphic novel

8 16.00%
  • Harley Quinn Season 3 focused on Ivy

26 52.00%
  • Future State Poison Ivy in Gotham City Sirens

9 18.00%
  • Still holding out for DCEU confirmation/casting for Ivy

6 12.00%
  • One of the other appearances or hoping for something unannounced

8 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    ...and perhaps downright “fae Queen” types of “Blue and Orange morality.”
    I'm so intrigued by this line. Could you elaborate what this means exactly?

I've read the latest issue of Swamp Thing, Ivy appeared in that issue. I haven't kept up with latest Ivy news.
    Why are there two Ivys with the opposite emotions?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I've read the latest issue of Swamp Thing, Ivy appeared in that issue. I haven't kept up with latest Ivy news.
    Why are there two Ivys with the opposite emotions?
    After heroes in crisis when Ivy "died", I guess she was reborn as 2 versions of herself. One that's evil and one that's good? It was explained in a harey and ivy miniseries that came out after the event.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'm so intrigued by this line. Could you elaborate what this means exactly?
    What it means is that I’ve been listening to a lot of “Dresden Files” audio books, where the fairy queens operate on a type of “morality” scale that makes *a* kind of sense... but not a particularly human, compassionate, or empathetic “morality.” The fairy queens in the books run off a kind of “predator hunting prey, your word is a holy sacrosanct bond” kind of thing. They are utterly honest in word but not in intent, and everything is skewed towards strengthening themselves, or their courts. They’ll gladly fulfill any bargain made with them, but always to their greatest benefit. They still have moments of exaggerated humanity, but always in a terrifying “going way too far” manner.

Like, in the Dresden Files, Queen Mab will host a dinner party where members are allowed to challenge each other to fights to the death, prey on the mortals in attendance, and generally make “cut throat court on the dance floor” an almost literal thing... but because her rule is “no blood spilled,” the second someone does cause someone else to bleed, Mab has them frozen solid, shattered into a thousand pieces, than literally commands someone to share a dance with her over their shattered remains to an instrumental version of Shinedown’s “Colt .45.”

If they had Ivy practice an “Are you an asset to Mother Earth? Or a liability?” type of morality, with zero malice or grace towards most humans. While her “avatars” could be more human, whether more petulantly spiteful or more motherly protective, “Mama Ivy” would be ruthlessly scrupulous. Like, you couldn’t really bargain with her on a human level. Make her a real force of nature - literally.

Swamp Thing would be the reconciliator, while “Mama” Poison Ivy would be the brutally impartial judge, with her “avatars” being alternatively “advocates,” “councilors,” or prosecutors.
    Last edited by godisawesome; 05-05-2021 at 04:34 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    After heroes in crisis when Ivy "died", I guess she was reborn as 2 versions of herself. One that's evil and one that's good? It was explained in a harey and ivy miniseries that came out after the event.
    Aah I see. Thanks!
    Yeah I've read (regrettably so) HiC, but not the mini.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    What it means is that I’ve been listening to a lot of “Dresden Files” audio books, where the fairy queens operate on a type of “morality” scale that makes *a* kind of sense... but not a particularly human, compassionate, or empathetic “morality.” The fairy queens in the books run off a kind of “predator hunting prey, your word is a holy sacrosanct bond” kind of thing. They are utterly honest in word but not in intent, and everything is skewed towards strengthening themselves, or their courts. They’ll gladly fulfill any bargain made with them, but always to their greatest benefit. They still have moments of exaggerated humanity, but always in a terrifying “going way too far” manner.

Like, in the Dresden Files, Queen Mab will host a dinner party where members are allowed to challenge each other to fights to the death, prey on the mortals in attendance, and generally make “cut throat court on the dance floor” an almost literal thing... but because her rule is “no blood spilled,” the second someone does cause someone else to bleed, Mab has them frozen solid, shattered into a thousand pieces, than literally commands someone to share a dance with her over their shattered remains to an instrumental version of Shinedown’s “Colt .45.”

If they had Ivy practice an “Are you an asset to Mother Earth? Or a liability?” type of morality, with zero malice or grace towards most humans. While her “avatars” could be more human, whether more petulantly spiteful or more motherly protective, “Mama Ivy” would be ruthlessly scrupulous. Like, you couldn’t really bargain with her on a human level. Make her a real force of nature - literally.

Swamp Thing would be the reconciliator, while “Mama” Poison Ivy would be the brutally impartial judge, with her “avatars” being alternatively “advocates,” “councilors,” or prosecutors.
    Interesting. In the 90's, writers WERE interested in the fae/nature unleashed aspect of Ivy, with her even calling herself Titania, the faerie queen and The May Queen. I wish they had explored that further as it perfectly works with the gothic themes of the character.

It happened in the DCAU based comics where there was a twist retcon reveal that the TNBA version of Ivy was a plant clone created by the BTAS version of Ivy (who we last saw leaving Gotham at the end of House and Garden, the first episode to introduce Ivy's pod people). Basically Ivy decided to retire from crime at the end of BTAS but created a clone of herself to keep Harley company, which ended up being the TNBA version. BTAS Ivy then went to the Amazon where she met Dr. Alec Holland and became his partner (in the DCAU apparently, Holland never became the Swamp Thing).

I always loved this since I never cared that much for the TNBA Ivy's design to begin with.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I always loved this since I never cared that much for the TNBA Ivy's design to begin with.
    Lol same. I have gotten used to it over the years and Ivy from the new Harley Quinn animated series is a great update of that look, but it pales in comparison to the BTAS Ivy design. Can't believe Bruce Timm hated the BTAS Ivy design and called her a "hulking Amazon". Going by his own designs for the female characters in TNBA and the DCAU shows that came after it, he obviously has a preference for waifish-ly thin figures and even an actual Amazon like Wonder Woman wasn't as curvaceous as BTAS Ivy.

Lol same. I have gotten used to it over the years and Ivy from the new Harley Quinn animated series is a great update of that look, but it pales in comparison to the BTAS Ivy design. Can't believe Bruce Timm hated the BTAS Ivy design and called her a "hulking Amazon". Going by his own designs for the female characters in TNBA and the DCAU shows that came after it, he obviously has a preference for waifish-ly thin figures and even an actual Amazon like Wonder Woman wasn't as curvaceous as BTAS Ivy.
    Huh, now that you mention it, I guess there's the skin and black/green combo, although I prefer a more costumed Ivy to her HQ design.

(She looked amazing in B:TAS).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh, now that you mention it, I guess there's the skin and black/green combo, although I prefer a more costumed Ivy to her HQ design.

(She looked amazing in B:TAS).
    To the utmost, I agree

Mighty Member

I liked the outfit of the TNBA design more though... it must be the long gloves. I WANT to say the TNBA design looked slightly curvier in Static Shock, as all the guest star models were actually off (you can see the whites of Superman’s eyes)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree

This will forever be the Ivy I fell in love with. I miss being a kid and watching the amazing BTAS every week. BTAS and XTAS ! :-)
    A picture would last longer darling...

This will forever be the Ivy I fell in love with. I miss being a kid and watching the amazing BTAS every week. BTAS and XTAS ! :-)
    I was more of a fan of X:EVO, but I concur with the sentiment (especially in regards to BTAS):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-08-2021 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I am somewhat partial to Justice League Action Ivy's outfit:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree

That crossbow shot from Eternal Youth was the first time I ever laid eyes on Ivy in any medium as it was included in a BTAS promo that played on TV while I was at my aunt's house, when I was about 6. I was aware of the Bat franchise as I watched syndicated reruns of Batman '66 and was already in love with Catwoman, but I HAD to know more about Ivy as soon as I saw her shoot with her crossbow in that promo. Almost Got 'Em and then Harley and Ivy were the first episodes I caught that featured her and well, you couldn't get a better introduction to a character than those.