View Poll Results: Which Poison Ivy appearance(s) in 2021 are you excited for?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Queen Ivy storyline (and possible spin-off book)

27 54.00%
  • Poison Ivy: Thorns YA graphic novel

8 16.00%
  • Harley Quinn Season 3 focused on Ivy

26 52.00%
  • Future State Poison Ivy in Gotham City Sirens

9 18.00%
  • Still holding out for DCEU confirmation/casting for Ivy

6 12.00%
  • One of the other appearances or hoping for something unannounced

8 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ram V must REALLY like Ivy. Besides currently writing a major storyline featuring her on Catwoman, he's now teasing her for his Swamp Thing.

Attachment 108908

I'll admit that it's VERY surprising Swampy and Ivy don't cross paths more often.
    https://twitter.com/therightram/stat...257860/photo/1

This looks like a Meet Cute...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This looks like a Meet Cute...
    Ivy checking out Swampy like

Amy Reeder pin-up poster for Batman: Black and White #5

Kind of obsessed with the idea of incorporating Venus flytraps in her costume.

Why does it seem to me like they're stretching her more towards an anime/manga-type of look with that?

That's an...interesting look.

(I thought it was Sophie Campbell for a second there).

Swamp Thing #3 is out and well ivy is in it but it’s kind of odd. I’ll put it in the spoilers box to explain the situation.

spoilers:
    Alright so Levi goes into the Green and Ivy is there....and so is Queen Ivy. Yeah there are two Ivy’s in there, a weaker ivy who is the part of Ivy that I guess is heroic and likes people and then Queen Ivy who is dominant and controlling with the more extreme eco version of Ivy. Although multiple versions of Ivy might explain some things with how Ivy is differently portrayed in Batman and Catwoman.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The concept of two Ivy's was introduced in Jody Houser's Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy mini-series that ended last year, where Lex Luthor's magic fertilizer (no kidding) led to a newly resurrected Ivy to split into multiple forms, out of which only two survived- an innocent, almost child-like version and an embittered, wicked version. I can't believe they are still running with that. Reminds me of some convoluted 90's plot like the whole Monet St. Croix/M-Twins/Penance rigmarole.

Is this their solution to satisfy both the Harley/Ivy fans and the Batman Villain Ivy fans at the same time? What a mess.

The concept of two Ivy's was introduced in Jody Houser's Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy mini-series that ended last year, where Lex Luthor's magic fertilizer (no kidding) led to a newly resurrected Ivy to split into multiple forms, out of which only two survived- an innocent, almost child-like version and an embittered, wicked version. I can't believe they are still running with that. Reminds me of some convoluted 90's plot like the whole Monet St. Croix/M-Twins/Penance rigmarole.

Is this their solution to satisfy both the Harley/Ivy fans and the Batman Villain Ivy fans at the same time? What a mess.
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that mainly because it hasn’t been addressed and the last we saw any version of Ivy was in Joker War as Queen Ivy and the one trapped in a tube in Catwoman....though now things are adding up a little.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Swamp Thing #3 is out and well ivy is in it but it’s kind of odd. I’ll put it in the spoilers box to explain the situation.

spoilers:
    Alright so Levi goes into the Green and Ivy is there....and so is Queen Ivy. Yeah there are two Ivy’s in there, a weaker ivy who is the part of Ivy that I guess is heroic and likes people and then Queen Ivy who is dominant and controlling with the more extreme eco version of Ivy. Although multiple versions of Ivy might explain some things with how Ivy is differently portrayed in Batman and Catwoman.
    end of spoilers
    ...I'm not sure how to take this.

I heard somewhere that DCAU kinda did this sort of thing too. But in that case one of them was... not really Ivy? To simplify as best I can, Ivy made a lot of pod people, some of them were dupes of herself, and some eps with her was actually a dupe. Or so I heard anyways. I'm not sure if it's canon or a fan theory.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I heard somewhere that DCAU kinda did this sort of thing too. But in that case one of them was... not really Ivy? To simplify as best I can, Ivy made a lot of pod people, some of them were dupes of herself, and some eps with her was actually a dupe. Or so I heard anyways. I'm not sure if it's canon or a fan theory.
    It happened in the DCAU based comics where there was a twist retcon reveal that the TNBA version of Ivy was a plant clone created by the BTAS version of Ivy (who we last saw leaving Gotham at the end of House and Garden, the first episode to introduce Ivy's pod people). Basically Ivy decided to retire from crime at the end of BTAS but created a clone of herself to keep Harley company, which ended up being the TNBA version. BTAS Ivy then went to the Amazon where she met Dr. Alec Holland and became his partner (in the DCAU apparently, Holland never became the Swamp Thing).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I know Ivy can make pod people but I never knew she cloned herself. Should've known though, that can be her Doombot ^^

Extraordinary Member

If they ever wanted to embrace the idea of Ivy becoming one of Swampy’s peers as a plant elemental, they could make a running theme being her producing “seedling avatars” of herself, but due to her more artificial creation, they’re still partially human and she sometimes has trouble getting the “interface” exactly right, creating different personality Ivy’s that have to oppose each other some times. And if the OG “mama” Ivy has to emerge, you’re taking orders of magnitude greater in power, and perhaps downright “fae Queen” types of “Blue and Orange morality.”

Think of it like Solomon Grundy’s
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I know Ivy can make pod people but I never knew she cloned herself. Should've known though, that can be her Doombot ^^
    yeah, it makes for a dramatic twist and stuff. "Surprise! the real Ivy is in a different city!"