View Poll Results: Which Poison Ivy appearance(s) in 2021 are you excited for?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Queen Ivy storyline (and possible spin-off book)

27 54.00%
  • Poison Ivy: Thorns YA graphic novel

8 16.00%
  • Harley Quinn Season 3 focused on Ivy

26 52.00%
  • Future State Poison Ivy in Gotham City Sirens

9 18.00%
  • Still holding out for DCEU confirmation/casting for Ivy

6 12.00%
  • One of the other appearances or hoping for something unannounced

8 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am somewhat partial to Justice League Action Ivy's outfit:

This design was cute and fun, even if it made her look like a Powerpuff Girls villain.

Mother's Day revisit to Ivy and the Sporelings in Flash Facts that came out earlier this year:

The challenges of motherhood .
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This design was cute and fun, even if it made her look like a Powerpuff Girls villain.
    I don't see that as a bad thing .

Indeed. Happy Mother's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Happy Mother's Day.

This was a fun issue...

BANNED

Mother's Day revisit to Ivy and the Sporelings in Flash Facts that came out earlier this year:
    I just dont agree with potraying Ivy as a good mother. She can be a protective to those she cares about but is ultimately not a good role model for other mothers.

I'm glad she wants it...but last time she produced a movie with other female characters we saw her ego shine: she had to be the most glamorous, sexy, well developed, with many costume changes and fun character while the rest were just...there...

I hope she does Ivy justice as a producer.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I'm glad she wants it...but last time she produced a movie with other female characters we saw her ego shine: she had to be the most glamorous, sexy, well developed, with many costume changes and fun character while the rest were just...there...

I hope she does Ivy justice as a producer.
    Yeah, I'm surprised at this turn of events. Maybe Birds of Prey flopping and the immense success of the Harley Quinn animated series which centers the Harley/Ivy relationship had something to do with Robbie changing her mind regarding Ivy. Also, the animated series portrays a more de-glammed Ivy who is less likely to steal the spotlight (honestly though, I think Lake Bell did steal the show from Kaley Cuoco), so if Robbie watched it, that's how she may be interested in depicting Ivy in the DCEU as well.

Yeah, I'm surprised at this turn of events. Maybe Birds of Prey flopping and the immense success of the Harley Quinn animated series which centers the Harley/Ivy relationship had something to do with Robbie changing her mind regarding Ivy. Also, the animated series portrays a more de-glammed Ivy who is less likely to steal the spotlight (honestly though, I think Lake Bell did steal the show from Kaley Cuoco), so if Robbie watched it, that's how she may be interested in depicting Ivy in the DCEU as well.
    Ivy had amazing moments in the Halrey show, I agree. Great take on the character. But I wish they keep a bit of her Femme Fatale allure in the DCU as well. And that's where I feel Robbie would not be ok with. She seems to like being the only sex symbol around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Ivy had amazing moments in the Halrey show, I agree. Great take on the character.
    Great take? I dont agree. They soften her to make her more likable. If you were Ivy, what would your thoughts be like? Is it "im just protecting the enviroment" or "in what way can i kill this guy"? DC is making Ivy to be seen as misunderstood but the truth is Ivy has dark impulses. If you stick to Ivy's older characterization, Ivy does have an endgame but for plants only. Humans, animals would get mostly depopulated and those that are spared would be enslaved.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 05-12-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Mighty Member

I think Ivy in the Harley Quinn animated show is great as the "accessory to Harley" version of Ivy, (which is probably great for movie Harley), but I don't see her doing enough of her own thing really.

Ivy on the HQ is too good for Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Great take? I dont agree. They soften her to make her more likable. If you were Ivy, what would your thoughts be like? Is it "im just protecting the enviroment" or "in what way can i kill this guy"? DC is making Ivy to be seen as misunderstood but the truth is Ivy has dark impulses. If you stick to Ivy's older characterization, Ivy does have an endgame but for plants only. Humans, animals would get mostly depopulated and those that are spared would be enslaved.
    I think so, yes. It's a different take on the character, for a different "reality". She has some great moments in line with the universe created there, she steals the show on several occasion and she's clearly the most intelligent and powerful member of the team.

Do I prefer Ivy to be a little more Femme Fatale ambiguous villain? Oui. Do I think she's best when she's one dimensional, "kill all humans"villain? Non.

Poison Ivy is going to show up in Part Two of the Long Halloween animated film adaption (voiced by Katee Sackhoff):