View Poll Results: Which Poison Ivy appearance(s) in 2021 are you excited for?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Queen Ivy storyline (and possible spin-off book)

27 54.00%
  • Poison Ivy: Thorns YA graphic novel

8 16.00%
  • Harley Quinn Season 3 focused on Ivy

26 52.00%
  • Future State Poison Ivy in Gotham City Sirens

9 18.00%
  • Still holding out for DCEU confirmation/casting for Ivy

6 12.00%
  • One of the other appearances or hoping for something unannounced

8 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Reminds me of The Batman Ivy.

I've kind of been busy/lazy so haven't been updating this with upcoming Ivy news and appearances but yeah, Ivy was/is in quite a number of things of late.

Anything you guys particularly enjoyed that's come out since August? I've been loving the Eat, Bang, Kill Tour comic spin-off of the HQ animated series and am looking forward to The Gardener one-shot coming out tomorrow that's supposed to explore Gardener's history with Ivy.

Also a special shout out to when the Gotham City Sirens appeared on Teen Titans Go! recently

Batwoman just introduced the concept that Renee Montoya is Ivy's ex in college. They also replaced Woodrue's role in her origin with some random OC for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batwoman just introduced the concept that Renee Montoya is Ivy's ex in college. They also replaced Woodrue's role in her origin with some random OC for some reason.
    Woodrue was on DC Universe's Swamp Thing that aired on CW just last year, with his character being set up as Floronic Man for a Season 2 that never came. Maybe they didn't want to confuse their viewers by reintroducing him on Batwoman so early?

Is the Batwoman character's name Marc LeGrand? He originally played Woodrue's role in the first Ivy origin revealed in a 70's Wonder Woman story written by Gerry Conway (who apparently couldn't turn down an opportunity to write about redheads ).

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Woodrue was on DC Universe's Swamp Thing that aired on CW just last year, with his character being set up as Floronic Man for a Season 2 that never came. Maybe they didn't want to confuse their viewers by reintroducing him on Batwoman so early?
    Feels like so long ago that that show came out that I'm not sure if they would've cared, but maybe.
    Is the Batwoman character's name Marc LeGrand? He originally played Woodrue's role in the first Ivy origin revealed in a 70's Wonder Woman story written by Gerry Conway (who apparently couldn't turn down an opportunity to write about redheads ).
    Now that you mention it, I think that was the name they used.

The Gardener one-shot has put the Woodrue origin back on the table, after New 52 retconned it out. It's basically the 80's Neil Gaiman origin from Black Orchid and Secret Origins except with the addition of Gardener to the research team headed by Woodrue that included Pamela, Alec Holland and his fiancee Linda, and Philip Sylvain who created the plant/human Black Orchid hybrid from Gaiman's mini-series.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/pois...oday-spoilers/

Also, the double Ivy hijinks came to an end in the main Batbook and it's... a retcon of the Jody Houser mini? Coz now apparently Gardener was the one responsible for the two extreme personalities of Ivy, creating a seed that grew into the more innocent Ivy and radicalizing the main Ivy. I don't know how I feel about this TBH. Pamela doesn't seem to have had any agency in her actions so far and she had been manipulated all along.

I enjoyed the books but it's never explained why Queen Ivy chooses to merge, is it just because her ex-girlfriend and current girlfriend ask her? I'm also a bit disappointed we don't get more Queen Ivy.

When the Gardner one-shot was announced I was excited because it seemed like an extension on Ivy's story a new character not tied to Bruce or Harley. In the end it was just another person telling Ivy's story instead of Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I enjoyed the books but it's never explained why Queen Ivy chooses to merge, is it just because her ex-girlfriend and current girlfriend ask her? I'm also a bit disappointed we don't get more Queen Ivy.

When the Gardner one-shot was announced I was excited because it seemed like an extension on Ivy's story a new character not tied to Bruce or Harley. In the end it was just another person telling Ivy's story instead of Ivy.
    Yeah, it's annoying that they kept hyping Queen Ivy for more than a year and she basically amounted to nothing.

I don't think the Bat offices know what to do with Ivy anymore. Time to put her on a team book like Justice League Dark unless they plan on giving her a solo.

To be honest I'm ready for single, powerhouse, Ivy doing stuff on her own terms.

To be honest I'm ready for single, powerhouse, Ivy doing stuff on her own terms.
    I don't think she needs to be single to do things on her own terms and but I can see why the single thing would be popular on here. I think its weird that DC can't seem to write any couples as independently competent people. Even Batman and Catwoman needed to breakup. Yet I can think of several Marvel couples who manage it.

Either way I hope Ivy gets a solo so we can finally hear her voice, in my opinion she's the most interesting member of the Sirens so it a travesty that she doesn't get a book.

I don't think she needs to be single to do things on her own terms and but I can see why the single thing would be popular on here. I think its weird that DC can't seem to write any couples as independently competent people. Even Batman and Catwoman needed to breakup. Yet I can think of several Marvel couples who manage it.

Either way I hope Ivy gets a solo so we can finally hear her voice, in my opinion she's the most interesting member of the Sirens so it a travesty that she doesn't get a book.
    I guess for me it feels like Ivy has been so defined by Harley lately, and now this Gardener lady, that it feels like it's time for her strike out on her own.

I guess for me it feels like Ivy has been so defined by Harley lately, and now this Gardener lady, that it feels like it's time for her strike out on her own.
    I agree to an extent but I think the fix is to write Ivy better, I don't think she needs to dump Harley for that to happen. I look at things like the Harley Quinn TV show and see how Ivy can be strong independent and in charge and still be in a relationship. I remember reading Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death and in issue #1 Ivy and Harley break up and then she comes back at the end, and I thought how unnecessary it was. Harley didn't even need to appear in that book, it was so strange to me. Just because they are together doesn't mean they have to appear together all the time. I read Luke Cage and Jessica Jones solos and they were married and yet both were capable of having independent adventures without breaking up.

I agree to an extent but I think the fix is to write Ivy better, I don't think she needs to dump Harley for that to happen. I look at things like the Harley Quinn TV show and see how Ivy can be strong independent and in charge and still be in a relationship. I remember reading Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death and in issue #1 Ivy and Harley break up and then she comes back at the end, and I thought how unnecessary it was. Harley didn't even need to appear in that book, it was so strange to me. Just because they are together doesn't mean they have to appear together all the time. I read Luke Cage and Jessica Jones solos and they were married and yet both were capable of having independent adventures without breaking up.
    I never read it as a breakup, just that she needed some (in my opinion) much needed time away from Ivy instead of being her gal pal 24/7.

But I would be perfectly happy with more solo Ivy stories. Personally I'm not as invested in the Harley and Ivy relationships as much as others are but if it can be used in a way that doesn't limit or overshadow Ivy, I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, it's annoying that they kept hyping Queen Ivy for more than a year and she basically amounted to nothing.

I don't think the Bat offices know what to do with Ivy anymore. Time to put her on a team book like Justice League Dark unless they plan on giving her a solo.
    This is what I want too, I want Ivy on Justice League Dark. Wonder Woman should recruit Ivy.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”