View Poll Results: Which Poison Ivy appearance(s) in 2021 are you excited for?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Queen Ivy storyline (and possible spin-off book)

27 54.00%
  • Poison Ivy: Thorns YA graphic novel

8 16.00%
  • Harley Quinn Season 3 focused on Ivy

26 52.00%
  • Future State Poison Ivy in Gotham City Sirens

9 18.00%
  • Still holding out for DCEU confirmation/casting for Ivy

6 12.00%
  • One of the other appearances or hoping for something unannounced

8 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I forgot the first issue featuring Future State Gotham City Sirens is already out. Did anyone here get a chance to read it yet? How's Ivy in it?

Umm... the Harley Quinn show has her kill all kinds of scumbags in similar ways to this and she's still firmly an anti-hero in it, so it's not an exclusively villain thing.
    Just having her go after only rich industrialists doesnt make her a more interesting character. Ivy thrives on dominating men. She represents that dark fantasy that feminists dream of. The way i feel how Ivy should be potrayed is that if you have an alignment chart, you would have to rank Ivy as being more evil than Catwoman. The HQ shows intentionally write Ivy to be a more likable and mentally stable character (even more likable than Harley considering that Harley was responsible for mass killings while in comics Poison Ivy is responsible for carrying out schemes of mass poisoning)

ON FS GCS backup, not much really happening. Basically you have Cat doing heist with Ivy's help and then meeting a new character and then them returning to their hideout then cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which is?
    Batman is not afraid to make things gory.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 02-01-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Umm... the Harley Quinn show has her kill all kinds of scumbags in similar ways to this and she's still firmly an anti-hero in it, so it's not an exclusively villain thing.
    I'm not sure if I would use that show as a meter to how righteous a character is...especially since Harley herself is a hypocrite in it (had problems when it came to Queen of Fables offing a family, but has no problem murdering random innocent people)

I will say that Ivy in that show is less interested in Harley's villainy crusade, though I always wonder if the people she was killing were actually scumbags...there was that obvious trap by Luthor and the Legion of Doom, but I don't think that Ivy has never really gone after Luthor for some reason...

That said, it's interesting how roles have reversed as Harley became more popular...back in the day it was clearly Ivy calling the shots with Harley as the help...nowadays Harley is the one doing things with Ivy tagging along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    That said, it's interesting how roles have reversed as Harley became more popular...back in the day it was clearly Ivy calling the shots with Harley as the help...nowadays Harley is the one doing things with Ivy tagging along.
    DC has this sort of thing where they want to push an image of "strong, independent woman" Harley since the new 52 and Harlivy becomes the result of that.

Is it a bad thing or good thing? Good thing is that they are now written to be main characters in a show than as antagonists against Batman. Bad thing is that they were more interesting as antagonists against Batman because they were designed to be so, especially Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Just having her go after only rich industrialists doesnt make her a more interesting character. Ivy thrives on dominating men. She represents that dark fantasy that feminists dream of.
    I don't know if it's a "feminist dark fantasy" or the fantasy of some men.

There are two books out today (the Flash Facts anthology and Harley Quinn) that feature Ivy.

BANNED

Last edited by prepmaster; 02-10-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Greg Rucka talks about Poison Ivy. Skip to 44:00

https://www.culturechatpodcast.com/greg-rucka-31/

I thought the No Man's Land version of Ivy was a great idea.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I thought the No Man's Land version of Ivy was a great idea.
    Yes, Femme Fatale is less unique and I don't like her being dependent on Harley to work. They each should function on their own. No Man's Land Ivy wins imho

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Yes, Femme Fatale is less unique and I don't like her being dependent on Harley to work. They each should function on their own. No Man's Land Ivy wins imho
    Yeah the best versions of her have always been the ones that had a point. Far too often she's basically got no motives for even being there other than some vague notion of revenge... :/

BANNED

Back with another post of arts.

The plant goddess in all her radiance .

Poison Tomorrow remains one of my all time favourite team up issues. As far as female villains go...she tops the list.

Speaking of prestige formats, I enjoyed this rendition from Brian Stelfreeze

Mighty Member

Unfortunate, Poison Ivy. Your couple were eliminated from the competition.
    DC Romance Challenge-02.jpg