View Poll Results: Which Poison Ivy appearance(s) in 2021 are you excited for?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Queen Ivy storyline (and possible spin-off book)

27 54.00%
  • Poison Ivy: Thorns YA graphic novel

8 16.00%
  • Harley Quinn Season 3 focused on Ivy

26 52.00%
  • Future State Poison Ivy in Gotham City Sirens

9 18.00%
  • Still holding out for DCEU confirmation/casting for Ivy

6 12.00%
  • One of the other appearances or hoping for something unannounced

8 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    So what do you think of The Gardener?

I'm wondering why they just didn't use Honey Suckle.
    You can count on Tynion in creating boring names for new characters. He should have given Poison Ivy associated characters plant names.

I'm wondering why they just didn't use Honey Suckle.
    I think Guy Gardner is a fun character....oh wait you mean that new character with the plant dogs, she looks cool but that is about all I know.

I assume that she is created for whatever poison ivy plans are currently being hatched by the bat-family writers, like maybe she is working for Ivy or perhaps shes a competitor. I'll wait and see. Personally I am okay with tynion making more villains.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Lesbian

What was Ivy doing? Still underground?

I'm really into the Gardener's design! Very corporate. A business-professional rogue to contrast Ivy's vaguely flower-child aesthetic.

If she ever interacts with Harley in any way, I hope there's a plant-dog/hyena battle.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think it's a good idea, given DC's world-building. Poison Ivy doesn't really need the Green to work, and the concept of the Green (and later Red et c) was developed without Ivy in mind, but in a world where you have both they fit really well together and can serve to develop and deepen both the character and the world.

Now, how that connection should look is another question, and I think Ivy's connection to the Green should be different from Swamp Thing's or Black Orchid's or Floronic Man's. The concept of the Green will be stronger because of it.
    Yeah It's the scale Ivy's powers have sometimes that really makes it feel right. Sometimes fighting her really is like fighting a force of nature.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    So what are you guy's thoughts on the idea of Ivy channeling the Green? I think it has merits, but I'm not sure about it in general.
    As with others, I like the idea of making it a bit of a blend - that sometimes she’s not channeling the Green, but running in her own purely artificial powers, but other times she’s got the full power of the Green.

It might be interesting to make it so her work with/exploitation by Woodrue was his attempt to create an elemental, but artificially, which causes some of Poison Ivy’s shifts in nature, power, and mindset - that perhaps part of the Parliament of Trees supports her candidacy as a peer of Swamp Thing, but her artificiality and the genetic engineering she’d done means others won’t accept her.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    As with others, I like the idea of making it a bit of a blend - that sometimes she’s not channeling the Green, but running in her own purely artificial powers, but other times she’s got the full power of the Green.
    In Damage comics, it is said that The Green uses her as a weapon. The Green amps her up on certain occasions.

from Batman Villains Secret Files (1998)

from Batman: No Man's Land Secret Files #1 (December 1999)

Yeah that was one of the most heroic things Ivy has ever done.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

She's only 5'6"? I think these days she's often drawn taller than Barbara, who's 5'8" to 11", unless they lower her height again to 5" when I'm not looking

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    She's only 5'6"? I think these days she's often drawn taller than Barbara, who's 5'8" to 11", unless they lower her height again to 5" when I'm not looking
    Ivy often gets drawn standing on things.

I like the theory that even though she is plant-themed, she may not exactly be an environmentalist (as gardeners prune, mow, snip and cut plants) so her ideology may actually be the polar opposite to Ivy's. A kind of Lady Eboshi to Ivy's Princess Mononoke, if you have watched the film. The potential for conflict would be interesting in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post

Poison Tomorrow remains one of my all time favourite team up issues. As far as female villains go...she tops the list.
    Huh? How did I not know about the existence of this book until now?

Funny how the plots of so many Ivy featuring stories like this one, Contagion and Snyder's All-Star Batman are incredibly relevant now.