Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not how I interpreted the new protocol. They say its better to poison rather than destroy. Their form of poisoning is to inactive the bad code that has the anti-mutant rhetoric. Thats how I saw it
    They blew up all of the Smileys even after they stopped being anti-mutant. The Council clearly wants to do more than just get rid of anti-mutant coding. They want the AI gone, period, to prevent any potential Nimrod scenario.

Which is why it's going to be a problem if anyone finds out Nanny took that baby Smiley.

He's not being a dick about AI. He speifically mentioning targeting AI with anti-mutant agendas. I see nothing wrong with rewriting them such that they dont have bad intentions for mutants. He's is building a mutant nation and its his duty to protect them. The last thing anyone wants is another Genosha
    I mean, those AIs had just decided they were friends with the mutants.

This book is SO GOOD! I am so creeped out by Nanny and I love it. I also feel like I see some romantic tension for Psylocke with both Havok and Greycrow?

For me, the AI stuff is probably coming from Moria directly. Looking at all the issues that AI caused in HOX/POX it's likely a preemptive strike, but that also makes it super unethical. It's really cool to see how important this book is. They have set up several interesting future plot points for this series and beyond.

Mighty Member

This issue made me pause and go "What is Kwannon"

Cause beyond the AI's scan of her. Her statement of believing that AI are the same as people and it being important to her that that's actually true really is making me scratch my head.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post

Cause beyond the AI's scan of her. Her statement of believing that AI are the same as people and it being important to her that that's actually true really is making me scratch my head.
    It's because of Fallen Angels, her "daughter" is now basically an AI. Sinister has her in custody and this is how he's manipulating Kwannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I mean, those AIs had just decided they were friends with the mutants.
    and 5 minutes prior they were trying to kill them. They are machines. Why are people feeling sympathetic for sentinels, which have been one of mutant's longest enemies since the 60s? Have you ever considered the X-men dicks for destroying them in the past?

Check last issue again. Kwannon was saying that because her daughter's consciousness is currently within the Apoth AI.

and 5 minutes prior they were trying to kill them. They are machines. Why are people feeling sympathetic for sentinels, which have been one of mutant's longest enemies since the 60s? Have you ever considered the X-men dicks for destroying them in the past?
    When they're evil, no, but when an AI is good like Danger, yes, I feel sorry for when they die.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Check last issue again. Kwannon was saying that because her daughter's consciousness is currently within the Apoth AI.
    Totally forgot that she's an AI now.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    When they're evil, no, but when an AI is good like Danger, yes, I feel sorry for when they die.
    They cant die bc they arent alive.

Mighty Member

I mean in this issue, both during and after Hodge dies. We see these robots exert personal will and autonomy that expressly states that Hodge's programming and ideals is wrong.

And i doubt you'd argue it's cool to kill mind controlled people.

Mighty Member

They cant die bc they arent alive.
    This is patently not how AI works in Marvel.

And that's been true for real life DECADES

I mean in this issue, both during and after Hodge dies. We see these robots exert personal will and autonomy that expressly states that Hodge's programming and ideals is wrong.

And i doubt you'd argue it's cool to kill mind controlled people.
    This is patently not how AI works in Marvel.

And that's been true for real life DECADES
    I said what I said. They're machines. Sentinels created to kill mutants. Hodge did not die; it was destroyed. I dont think anyone should lose sleep over this. This isnt even an Omega Sentinel/Prime Sentinel situation where the sentinel was originally human. These are straight up robots

Mind controlled people are people; thats not the same thing.

Mighty Member

I said what I said. They're machines. Sentinels created to kill mutants. Hodge did not die; it was destroyed. I dont think anyone should lose sleep over this. This isnt even an Omega Sentinel/Prime Sentinel situation where the sentinel was originally human. These are straight up robots

Mind controlled people are people; thats not the same thing.
    My guy, if you don't see what Zeb Wells is clearly alluding to and writing here... well that sure says a lot.

The artificial intelligences in Marvel have no soul, that's true. But they can die.