Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Factor # 6 Discussion and Spoilers

Leah hits it out of the park in another issue. It's very light on action, but the power displays we do see are nice.

Brief summery of what happens in the issue: X-Factor investigates Siryn's second death, this time in the UK. Prodigy shows an interest in learning about how living on Krakoa affects mutant biology... through mutant decomposition and apparently sets up a body farm on X-Factor's front lawn? lol After confronting Siryn as a team, Lorna tries to have a one on one with her outside the office but gets hypnotized by Siryn instead. It's become apparent that despite resurrecting twice the "Siryn" we see may not be Terry after all.

the morrigan being really gay. *pretends to be shocked* also really beautiful page, credit to Baldeón where it's due

I really enjoyed Leah showing how Eye-Boy, Daken, Prodigy and Rachel all work together to gather intelligence and information during cases. Polaris, Northstar and Aurora still feel a little out of their element in this respect, but I guess they are the muscle in case they run into trouble with the investigations. Also the shout-out at Tommy and Prodigy near the end. <3 Controversial opinion, but I still want to see Tommy on Krakoa one of these days...
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-06-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Leah hits it out of the park in another issue. It's very light on action, but the power displays we do see are nice.
    Also the shout-out at Tommy and Prodigy near the end. <3 Controversial opinion, but I still want to see Tommy on Krakoa one of these days...
    Yeah I definitely want to see Tommy at some point. On Krakoa. I really wish Amazing Baby would disappear. Really the one aspect I hate. I like how they are becoming more of a cohesive CSI unit and learning more about it as they go kind of.

Please get rid of the power ring around Polaris that’s there now ALL the time. Save it for when she’s full blown tearing stuff up.

Yea Amazing Baby is the one joke that kind of dragged on too long. But whatever, I can ignore it for the most part.

I am curious that if Prodigy does find that Krakoa does affect mutant lifespans or biology in some way, will it change much? I think most of the mutants going in know it's feeding on them in a way...

Cue the angry Polaris fans in 3, 2, 1...

On another note, I'm glad they remembered Terry's hypnosis powers. I feel like I'm in the minority here but I'm glad Terry as Morrigan is being explored. There's so much potential, I was worried she'd be relegated to nostalgia wank after seeing her in her X-Force Uniform.

Come on growth! I'm excited to see what happens next.

BANNED

that was easly one of the best visual displays of Polaris, ever, and morrigan empowered hypnosis is pretty impressive so im not mad+ Lorna will get to flex on the team :P.
    The morrigan plot point get's continued! that's something I NEVER expected to ever see!

Loved the intel 4 mutant circuit, hated the tommy reference

Astonishing Member

LMAO of course. Lorna is the queen of being mindcontrolled.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Just can't catch a break.

At least with Rachel on the team, there may be a telepathic loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It was either gonna be her or Rachel. At least Rachel got a break this time

They could at least have tossed a "you're mine - mind, body and soul!" in there for old time's sake, haha. Cool page though.

BANNED

Touching once again on the pact siryn made for polaris is also a VERY interesting thread to pull

All-New Member

Does it mean that my boy Prodigy gains now knowledge without losing it? Cuckoos really removed his mind block?

Yea I appreciate Leah is willing to touch upon loose ends from other writers. I feel like a lot of times writers want to immediately introduce their own things without taking into account this franchise is a collaborative effort and can be at it's best when drawing on threads left in the wind.

The dialogue was pretty cringe and most of the cast is unlikeable but the last 3 pages made up for it, especially Lorna's "I am the big gun".

And I'm very pleased that someone is resolving Siryn's storyline.

Mighty Member

I’m interested to see how this will play out. It will definitely cement the team’s need when they discover that Siryn is still the Morrigan and that the Siryn in Krakoa is the duplicate. I feel like deep down Polaris should already know this. I’ll have to go look at X-factor again at that issue. Nice to see Siryn’s sound induced hypnosis again.

It was a very good issue. The use of power to investigate is interesting, although too much technical talk is tiring. I would also like a little bit more of action. And please, kill Amazing baby lol.
    Baldeon art is quite fabulous, he is very talented.

Leah, as a fan, is trying to give development to plots that were for so long ignored, that we fans know well. For someone like me, who is reading for many years, is very rewarding. My concern for the book going without cancellation, is that this may alienate new readers of the franchise. New X-men kids shenanigans last issue and the Morrigan plot from the end of X-Factor, both from one decade ago, are things that general public might not even know about.