Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Their new bodies are generated from matter grown by Egg, and accelerated to adulthood by Tempus, so it does make some sort of sense that they wouldn't necessarily decay just like human bodies made by two humans smooshing.

And even natural-born mutants have *some* slight differences from humans (slightly greater strength and endurance, generally fit, etc.), so even there might be a small but important-for-forensics-purposes variance. And forensics is what they do.

I guess it follows that David just doesn't want them to base everything that they do off of old data gathered on another species entirely...
    Mutants aren't a different species. I don't think decay works this way

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Their new bodies are generated from matter grown by Egg, and accelerated to adulthood by Tempus, so it does make some sort of sense that they wouldn't necessarily decay just like human bodies made by two humans smooshing.

And even natural-born mutants have *some* slight differences from humans (slightly greater strength and endurance, generally fit, etc.), so even there might be a small but important-for-forensics-purposes variance. And forensics is what they do.

I guess it follows that David just doesn't want them to base everything that they do off of old data gathered on another species entirely...
    mutants dont naturally have greater strength and endurance than baseline humans. If thats their power, then sure, but its not a thing across the board than lets say Asgardians, whom all have super strength. If a mutant is more fit then its bc of the same reasons as humans and its bc they work out. The X-men in particular regularly work out in the Danger Room and/or spar with each other. They should be more fit and have higher endurance bc of their life style

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Mutants aren't a different species. I don't think decay works this way
    You dont think it does, but thats the point. They dont know bc these clones being based off of Goldball's eggs are a new thing. They should be studied bc there is very little data available. They could be creating a problem that they arent even aware of and it doesnt hurt to do some actual research

I can't get into this series. It just bores me to tears. This and Excalibur are two books I can't stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I can't get into this series. It just bores me to tears. This and Excalibur are two books I can't stomach.
    It's a struggle to read, that's for sure.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Art good.
    Too much talking.
    "Cable was right!"

good god the amount of people that only care about fighting are just too high in this thread. I mean do people just want 5 books of the Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    good god the amount of people that only care about fighting are just too high in this thread. I mean do people just want 5 books of the Hellions
    I was gonna say something similar, but people are gonna like what they like. I think Leah has always been clear about what this series is and how it operates so it might be time to stop picking it up if it’s not your cup of tea.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Calm down, Moon Boy. Some people want action and adventure in their action & adventure books.

Also, I didn't say the book was bad but the scenes with the Brits and at the Healing Gardens went way too long.
    "Cable was right!"

People complain that there’s too much talking.. have you read Claremont’s original run? Or any comics from the 1960’s-1999? Personally, I miss the exposition and narration and THOUGHT BUBBLES. This book is great in that it takes more than five minutes to read. Maybe it’s just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    People complain that there’s too much talking.. have you read Claremont’s original run? Or any comics from the 1960’s-1999? Personally, I miss the exposition and narration and THOUGHT BUBBLES. This book is great in that it takes more than five minutes to read. Maybe it’s just me...
    Claremont's books are too wordy and one of his biggest flaws in his returns since

Why is Northstar trying to stand in the way of science? Sure, David isn't being entirely forthcoming about his intentions, but he doesn't know that.
    Prodigy is one of my favorite characters, so I'm really glad how he's being used in this book. I'm very interested to see how he died. He knows that just because the mutants have solved death doesn't mean that there aren't a multitude of questions left to explore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Calm down, Moon Boy. Some people want action and adventure in their action & adventure books.

Also, I didn't say the book was bad but the scenes with the Brits and at the Healing Gardens went way too long.
    But this isn't an actions and adventures book? It's a murder investigation book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Why is Northstar trying to stand in the way of science?
    'Cause the Boneyard is also his and Kyle's *home* and he's not thrilled about a bunch of rotting corpses out in the front yard?

"Okay honey, have a nice day at work, and don't step in any entrails on the way out the door."

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Claremont's books are too wordy and one of his biggest flaws in his returns since

What???
    *Faints, collapses, gets up and fans self. Faints again*

I love that X-Factor takes me longer to read than the other titles. Plus I like the interactions and the laid back feel of the title.

I wish the Excalibur team actually bonded and interacted like this.