Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I think some of the dialogue is spotty at times and that it’s like “huh” for me. Eyeboy comes off like a real simpleton that’s now smitten with David’s reading? Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I think some of the dialogue is spotty at times and that it’s like “huh” for me. Eyeboy comes off like a real simpleton that’s now smitten with David’s reading? Ok.
    He just thinks David's voice is sexy & deep at least that's how I read it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy1 View Post
    My question is still in the air. Will David become an evil president like in his nightmare vision from New X-men era?
    Attachment 104342
    That would be a good thing. The Quiet Council needs some empty chairs filled. He’d fit right in with Exodus, Mystique, Shaw, Sinister, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Eyeboy was not doing it for me during this issue. It was cute at breakfast, but he was doing too much at the crime scene. Otherwise loved it all.

Incredible Member

I'm a father, I have a daughter.

If my daughter died and I was a former detective, and there was an ongoing investigation I'd pretty much expect to at least be updated by them. I guess if I was super powered as well, I'd quite possibly insist that I was involved with the investigation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy1 View Post
    My question is still in the air. Will David become an evil president like in his nightmare vision from New X-men era?
    Attachment 104342
    just president <3
    happppy birrrrrthhdaaay, mr pressssideeent

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Sigh. I really want to like this title. I like its premise, I like all the characters in it, and Leah is mostly good at writing about their relationships and interactions. But I feel both her and Tini Howard have no sense of pacing and structure, with the latter being much worse, although both come across as if they were fan-fiction writers.

Leah in particular clearly love these characters and their history, and she excels when it's all purely character stuff like last issue which was pretty good. But when she switches to "story-mode" it all feels over-written and with little sense to it.

X-Factor has been pretty good with character moments so far but I feel it's missing its own story running in the background to anchor it, where it instead wanders aimlessly from the Mojoverse to X of Swords to a decade-old plot from the old X-Factor series.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I'm a father, I have a daughter.

If my daughter died and I was a former detective, and there was an ongoing investigation I'd pretty much expect to at least be updated by them. I guess if I was super powered as well, I'd quite possibly insist that I was involved with the investigation.
    That's a good point. Where is Banshee in all of this? We still haven't gotten a good reunion between the two. That said, Theresa and her father have always been a bit... estranged? He only knew about her when she was already a young adult iirc

Ultimate Member

Though if memory serves that wasn't his fault...didn't Black Tom take her away after she was born and such...

Yea, Black Tom erased her records after her mother was killed in a bombing and raised her on his own (into a life of crime).

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    That's a good point. Where is Banshee in all of this? We still haven't gotten a good reunion between the two. That said, Theresa and her father have always been a bit... estranged? He only knew about her when she was already a young adult iirc
    Not really. Once he learned he was her father, they got quite close and had a good father/daughter relationship until his death in Deadly Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. Once he learned he was her father, they got quite close and had a good father/daughter relationship until his death in Deadly Genesis
    Eh, I don't know, I know they were getting along on Muir Island for awhile but it was rare afterwards to see them together. though partially that is probably more to do with both of them being used so irregularly

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yea Amazing Baby is the one joke that kind of dragged on too long. But whatever, I can ignore it for the most part.

I am curious that if Prodigy does find that Krakoa does affect mutant lifespans or biology in some way, will it change much? I think most of the mutants going in know it's feeding on them in a way...
    They did kinda imply that Krakoa has some effect on mutants in the FF/X-Men mini. Beast said that Fraknlin's powers were depleting at a slower rate while in Krakoa. Although now that Slott retconned Franklin, who knows if that will be picked up.

^ Good point. But yea, now that Franklin isn't a mutant anymore that does complicate that explanation. Still I could see it as being something Prodigy would be interested in investigating.

I liked the cop with the Yorkshire dialect, because I’m from there. More pandering to UK regions in X-Books, pls.