Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 91
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,652

    Default

    I actually enjoyed it.

  2. #32
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Good issue. Felt like things moved forward a little as we slowly inch forward to the How of Harry as Kindred. Glad to see cleansed Norman is still a thing. I'm wondering if the Goblin's sins will inhabit someone else (the dreams of the Goblin killing Peter looked more like the Ultimate version of the character). Also wondering if the price Peter ends up paying is the loss of his powers, and Norman helps design the new suit? Ok digressing a bit there...lol.

  3. #33
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,300

    Default

    Another solid issue.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  4. #34
    Incredible Member xpyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    684

    Default

    I saw the spoilers thread from last night before it was removed or whatever and i went into this issue thinking "great... another waste." I actually enjoyed the issue a lot. Yes, we do not have any answers to the burning questions around Harry/Kindred but things seemed to actually move forward instead of being at a stand still. This issue was a huge step up from the 3 issues of Harry repeating himself with nothing added to the story during that time. To be honest though, i think the art is a huge reason why this issue worked for me. I'm a huge Bagley fan and this issue had some solid artwork. The whole thing with Norman is different and has potential so I actually enjoyed that. The page where Harry is being captured and giving Norman and Peter one last earful was definitely a gut punch and i enjoyed that as well.

    As other have mentioned, the solits are awful and I guess from now on i will just have to look at the near cover art and ignore what the solits say.

  5. #35
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    I read the issue and over all enjoyed it. I really think that problem with this story as I've said in other places is that it's just not working in the "single issue" format and I really do think that if you were reading this in a trade or omnibus then it'd work a lot better. There are many interesting things that have seeds planted here, it's just now seeing if Spencer is able to deliver on what he's setting up.
    Agreed! I had left 2-3 to read and reading all of them together I enjoyed the story. I really want old Peter to learn more about OMD. Really curious how this will end up. Norman's panels were great. Felt sad for Harry.

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I saw the spoilers thread from last night before it was removed or whatever and i went into this issue thinking "great... another waste." I actually enjoyed the issue a lot. Yes, we do not have any answers to the burning questions around Harry/Kindred but things seemed to actually move forward instead of being at a stand still. This issue was a huge step up from the 3 issues of Harry repeating himself with nothing added to the story during that time. To be honest though, i think the art is a huge reason why this issue worked for me. I'm a huge Bagley fan and this issue had some solid artwork. The whole thing with Norman is different and has potential so I actually enjoyed that. The page where Harry is being captured and giving Norman and Peter one last earful was definitely a gut punch and i enjoyed that as well.

    As other have mentioned, the solits are awful and I guess from now on i will just have to look at the near cover art and ignore what the solits say.
    Well I am happy you liked this issue.

  7. #37
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    Spencer's run is going to be great to recommend to future readers. They can read the whole thing and not have to wait between issues.

  8. #38

    Default

    I know that I don't acknowledge the artists enough, so with an issue that stands out as much as this one, I really want to take a moment first to send a chef's kiss in the direction of the penciler, inkers, and colorists -- and an extra chef's kiss Bagley's way. This is superb "Spidey art."

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I was not expecting this at all but I LOVED it. What an emotional punch from Norman.
    Kind of the same for me. I was very surprised, and pleasantly so. I don't think it's just because of the disappointment I was feeling last week either. It wasn't just dragging the plot beats of Kindred's capture and Norman's revelations out to fill pages. This was a solidly written issue that -- while taking only gradual steps in the overall plot -- took the time to let those developments breathe and explore why they matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    "I loved you both so much..........why did you do this to me?" Man, that was heartbreaking.
    Yo, that got me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, I never thought this was going to undo OMD. However, he is going to make Peter pay the consequences of it and remember it. It will be something that happened, not the void that it has been for years. Recognizing that it existed is necessary to move beyond that.

    Like opening a wound that has closed while infected, you have to open it.
    Excellent way of putting it. I think that's what has bothered me more than anything over the years since Quesada's selfish and shortsighted mandate.

  9. #39
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Well, we can finally say that Mary Jane has met all of the Spider-People of Earth-616. By memory I know she was seen with Jessica in two panels during Spider-Island, with The Thing making a Spider-Woman joke about MJ in front of Jess. MJ met Miles during the mess with Regent. This is the first MJ has met Cindy, Anya, Julia, and Spider-Gwen.
    I was looking at that panel where Ghost Spider is staring at MJ and thinking this is probably the first time she's really seen 616 Mary Jane. I'm not sure if Mary Jane knows the girl under that mask is (technically) Gwen.

  10. #40
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    107

    Default

    This is absolutely not "bad", but I think the hype killed most of us. This story has various solid points (Norman's turn, Peter's mistakes, Kindred as a character...) but it just looks different from what we thought, I suppose. If you read this thinking "This will erase OMD" you will be disappointed, but you're missing other details meanwhile. It still could be better tho.

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Now that the arc is over I will say....The Order of the Webs' inclusion would've made sense if Spencer had actually done any leg work in building Peter's relationship with them at all throughout his run. Like the character Pete has been spending the most time around in Spencer's run has been freakin Boomerang, and he wasn't even in this arc. lol

    At best, all their role amounted to was Harry projecting his "Good Ole Days" rant onto Spider-Gwen.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  12. #42
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Now that the arc is over I will say....The Order of the Webs' inclusion would've made sense if Spencer had actually done any leg work in building Peter's relationship with them at all throughout his run. Like the character Pete has been spending the most time around in Spencer's run has been freakin Boomerang, and he wasn't even in this arc. lol

    At best, all their role amounted to was Harry projecting his "Good Ole Days" rant onto Spider-Gwen.
    At best the group should've just been condensed to Miles, Gwen, and Julia because they're probably the ones you can kind of get away with being relevant without putting in too much legwork because Ahmed and McGuire have done at least some of that (if not that much) and Gwen can't get away from the legacy of 616 Gwen when it comes to people who knew her.

    But in general this just felt like a waste of all the characters involved and I'm still not quite sure why they were even in this story other than editorial suggesting Spencer needed to do something with all the other Spider-Characters, but you could tell his heart wasn't in it.

  13. #43
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Things turned out how I was initially expecting them to. I read 55 before 54 LR. Immediately my inclination was that a cleansed Norman was helping MJ with a scheme to stop Harry. Seemed pretty obvious MJ was acting being hurt. But later read 54 LR and thought, he could still be faking being evil but seemed far less likely.

    I'm guessing Harry is the one faking at this point. All those powers he got from the Sin-eater... would he really be trapped? I mean doesn't he even have Juggernaut's powers now?
    Last edited by evolutionaryFan; 01-06-2021 at 01:47 PM.

  14. #44
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Things turned out how I was initially expecting them to. I read 55 before 54 LR. Immediately my inclination was that a cleansed Norman was helping MJ with a scheme to stop Harry. Seemed pretty obvious MJ was acting being hurt. But later read 54 LR and thought, he could still be faking being evil but seemed far less likely.

    I'm guessing Harry is the one faking at this point. All those powers he got from the Sin-eater... would he really be trapped? I mean doesn't he even have Juggernaut's powers now?
    I think the 'sins' he took from Sin-Eater, who took them from others like Juggy, went back to their hosts.

  15. #45
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I think the 'sins' he took from Sin-Eater, who took them from others like Juggy, went back to their hosts.
    Yeah Norman mentioned that everyone's sins but his own got returned.We got a panel of Morlun and Juggernaut returning to normal, and Overdrive mentioned that he was as well but still swore off villainy.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •