Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I know Overdrive seems done with the villain thing, but now that's two-for-two of Spencer pairing supporting characters with Supervillains/criminals. What's next, Aunt May and the new Martin Li?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah Norman mentioned that everyone's sins but his own got returned.We got a panel of Morlun and Juggernaut returning to normal, and Overdrive mentioned that he was as well but still swore off villainy.
    Ok. So Norman could easily be lying here right? Is there any reason why only Norman's sins wouldn't have returned?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Overdrive seems done with the villain thing, but now that's two-for-two of Spencer pairing supporting characters with Supervillains/criminals. What's next, Aunt May and the new Martin Li?
    Maybe May Osborn? May Toomes?? May Mason???

The possibilities are endless!!

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Ok. So Norman could easily be lying here right? Is there any reason why only Norman's sins wouldn't have returned?
    Considering Harry specifically took the the Goblin away so he couldn’t “protect” Norman, I imagine it’s connected to that. The Sins freed and returned thinks seems like set up for a story down the road so it’s entirely possible there’s more at play there.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 01-06-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    It certainly opens up the question: where did the goblin go? Which I have no doubt will be a story later down the line.

Astonishing Member

I find it funny that Overdrive and Carlie are probably symbolized as the first BND villain and the BND love interest hooking up, kinda ironic and I kinda like this pairing, even though I never had a high opinion of Carlie. Overdrive grew on me with Spencer Superior foes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah Norman mentioned that everyone's sins but his own got returned.We got a panel of Morlun and Juggernaut returning to normal, and Overdrive mentioned that he was as well but still swore off villainy.
    Why do I find it hard to believe that everyone except Norman had their sins returned? Answer is I do not. I suspect Norman has something up his sleeve to trick Peter. You simply cannot be nice and ( or) trusting when it comes to Norman Osborn. It is like dealing with a crocodile.

BANNED

Gotta say, the Carlie/Overdrive ship seems like it could be fun.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Norman will eventually revert to form, but seeing him seem so penitent --- and with Peter likely not to believe a single word of it, given their history --- is an interesting turn of events for now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I find it funny that Overdrive and Carlie are probably symbolized as the first BND villain and the BND love interest hooking up, kinda ironic and I kinda like this pairing, even though I never had a high opinion of Carlie. Overdrive grew on me with Spencer Superior foes.
    Welp, this is Spencer's way of completely discarding them so it's not surprising that people would consider it food.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Norman will eventually revert to form, but seeing him seem so penitent --- and with Peter likely not to believe a single word of it, given their history --- is an interesting turn of events for now.
    That actually makes me uncomfortable since it was basically a magic retcon that made him a good guy, yet Peter has to forgive and trust him lest he be led to disaster (again).

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That actually makes me uncomfortable since it was basically a magic retcon that made him a good guy, yet Peter has to forgive and trust him lest he be led to disaster (again).
    I think that's the point. How much of Norman's "penitence" is genuine and how much of it was artificially induced by Harry/Kindred via Sin-Eater? It's sort of like Sabretooth when he was morally inverted during and following AXIS.

Welp...Carlie may not be a super-villain, but she's certainly dating one now. Maybe she and her new beau can drive off into the sunset together and out of the comic

But seriously, I thought the issue was pretty decent, particularly when it came to the Norman twist. That being said, the whole Kindred saga has gone well past being ripe. Let's remember that the one phrase that's been constantly brought up about Kindred, by both Spencer and in the comic itself has been, "Who is Kindred is less important than why he's doing this." Except, of course, we already knew why Kindred/Harry is doing this for several issues: because he thinks Peter is a sanctimonious hypocrite, because his dad's an a-hole, and because of One More Day.

What we don't know--and still don't after two years and two back-to-back story arcs--is how Harry turned from a guy who had finally put his life together and put his personal demons behind him--who had his wife back, his kids back, and even his mother back--to suddenly having demonic powers and seemingly being the only one (other than Mephisto) who knows about One More Day. It's like getting a new puzzle box and seeing the compete picture on the cover of the box, only when you open the box, there's scores of pieces missing.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 01-06-2021 at 04:42 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Gotta say, the Carlie/Overdrive ship seems like it could be fun.
    I dunno why, but I think it'd be funny if Overdrive, with his fanboyness of Spidey, tried to ask him for dating advice... and considering Peters history with the ladies and all, I can only imagine how that would turn out!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think that's the point. How much of Norman's "penitence" is genuine and how much of it was artificially induced by Harry/Kindred via Sin-Eater? It's sort of like Sabretooth when he was morally inverted during and following AXIS.
    Maybe that's the point.

There's no way Norman's going to stay good forever. Maybe the point is to see if Peter will do something about him before he becomes a threat again.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Maybe that's the point.

There's no way Norman's going to stay good forever. Maybe the point is to see if Peter will do something about him before he becomes a threat again.
    A case of "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't," I'd presume, or just "damned."