Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Welp...Carlie may not be a super-villain, but she's certainly dating one now. Maybe she and her new beau can drive off into the sunset together and out of the comic

But seriously, I thought the issue was pretty decent, particularly when it came to the Norman twist. That being said, the whole Kindred saga has gone well past being ripe. Let's remember that the one phrase that's been constantly brought up about Kindred, by both Spencer and in the comic itself has been, "Who is Kindred is less important than why he's doing this." Except, of course, we already knew why Kindred/Harry is doing this for several issues: because he thinks Peter is a sanctimonious hypocrite, because his dad's an a-hole, and because of One More Day.

What we don't know--and still don't after two years and two back-to-back story arcs--is how Harry turned from a guy who had finally put his life together and put his personal demons behind him--who had his wife back, his kids back, and even his mother back--to suddenly having demonic powers and seemingly being the only one (other than Mephisto) who knows about One More Day. It's like getting a new puzzle box and seeing the compete picture on the cover of the box, only when you open the box, there's scores of pieces missing.
    Yeah, that's the big thing for me- I wasn't expecting Kindred to be wrapped up at all with Last Remains but I was hoping for at least more juicy answers of the why variety. This was a good one, lots of fun and interesting developments.

All that great drama with Peter/Harry/Norman, man. Just a tragedy in the making with Norman being an atoneful sad dad now, and it's a bit poetic that Peter and Norman both have these big sins they can't remember that turned Harry into this.

I have to wonder if part of Spencer's thing with Norman is taking him more back to the pre-Clone Saga version or kinda like the Raimi version or 90s cartoon version where there's a split personality thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Gotta say, the Carlie/Overdrive ship seems like it could be fun.
    Probably the funnest thing they've done with Carlie since she distracted FemElectro .

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The issue confirmed what many were suspecting that Norman's deal with Fisk was just an act (at least to some degree). Norman plays the Goblin a little to well for me to believe he's completely gone. Anyway, I was surprised to see that the issue primarily focused on Norman nor was I expecting Kindred to be taken off the board through self-imposed isolation.

If it wasn't obvious before, the whole "remember" bit of Kindred's shtick is a pretty important aspect of Harry's endgame.

Overall I did enjoy the issue. It's clear that Peter and Norman uncovering (and undoing?) what it was that created Kindred in the first place will be the next big overarching story. Last Remains still needs proper closure and while I don't mind all the set-up, I hope Spencer didn't lose focus on that once focus shifts back to Peter next issue.

Both the Overdrive/Cooper thing and the Sins freed/returned things seems like set up for stuff later down the line. Same with Martin Li but we already know when that's getting addressed.
    I agree, the question is what is he going to do that requires this much set up? Does Harry still a role to play in all this given that he gave himself up? And what is the "Truth" he alludes to that both Norman and Peter have to find?

Maybe Norman had something to do with Mephisto lol. He remembered before and didn't care cause he was pure evil (you know, Harry said he had to get rid of the Goblin to make him feel remorse) and just didn't care.

Amazing Member

Welp.......
    Art was a 10. I love Bagley in this. Dude can deliver anything.
    Really good pacing this issue. I know a lot of people are probably disappointed that this issue didn’t end in some huge reveal, but honestly I liked what we got, plus all the pipe Spencer’s laying for the future.
    1. Norman’s speech to Harry is just beautifully written and drawn.
    2. I adore how Spencer writes MJ. Soooooo good. Independent and tough, but still feels very classic MJ. Guess Norman and Mary Jane had a very important off panel conversation. First Spidey and Goblin team up, now MJ and Norman!
    3. Juggernaut, Morlun, and whatever that Z lister team was, are back. Wonder if Spencer’s planning on using any or all of them down the road.
    4. Guess Nick didn’t forget about the whole Overdrive sideplot, but man it feels like forever. Probably only 10 or so issues but seems like years.
    5. Happy to see May back in the book, Randy too. Martin Li too, I guess??? Never read Slott’s Mr Negative stories so I don’t have a lot of interest,ehh.

Prediction Time

Norman’s promise to find “the truth” is an interesting development. I’m thinking that Norman will find out about OMD and this will drive him back into insanity( and thus back into conflict with Peter ). I’m hoping Harry’s not left on ice for to long. That being said I feel I’m much more open to Spencer taking his time than some of the others on here. Not a diss, I totally get that you might want to get to the point. I’m trying to think of this as Dark Phoenix. Story went on a darn long time, but when it gets to the end, man is it gonna be good. Rock on Nick Spencer!!!!!!!!!

Read the Issue and I gotta say, I"m starting to want Spencer to get to the point.

I felt like I was reading/watching a Filler episode of DBZ or One Piece. All talky Talky, and still dancing around the actual point. Dear God it's like what 6 issues or something like that with the whole remember what you did. Obviously he doesn't so just say it.

Okay rant over. Art was awesome. I do like Bagley on this series but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I missed Ryan Ottley.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I agree, the question is what is he going to do that requires this much set up? Does Harry still a role to play in all this given that he gave himself up? And what is the "Truth" he alludes to that both Norman and Peter have to find?
    Maybe them discovering/remembering it is a crucial part in undoing what was done to Harry? Or maybe they simply wouldn’t believe it if they were outright told about it (at least by him)?

Harry won’t be the monster in the dark hunting Peter every few issues or so like he was before but he still has a part to play here. Most seem to believe Peter’s truth is his deal with Mephisto in OMD. It’s harder to say what Norman’s might be though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe them discovering/remembering it is a crucial part in undoing what was done to Harry? Or maybe they simply wouldn’t believe it if they were outright told about it (at least by him)?

Harry won’t be the monster in the dark hunting Peter every few issues or so like he was before but he still has a part to play here. Most seem to believe Peter’s truth is his deal with Mephisto in OMD. It’s harder to say what Norman’s might be though.
    With Norman, it seems like it might do with whatever he did to bring Harry back to life? Maybe he made his own deal to get his son back?

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    With Norman, it seems like it might do with whatever he did to bring Harry back to life? Maybe he made his own deal to get his son back?
    I've seen other people speculate on that too and I think it makes sense. But if that's the case why hasn't anyone noticed the "other Harry" that's out there somewhere who isn't Kindred?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Mercury View Post
    I've seen other people speculate on that too and I think it makes sense. But if that's the case why hasn't anyone noticed the "other Harry" that's out there somewhere who isn't Kindred?
    Spencer forgot that he existed.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wasn't a fan of Last Remains' conclusion in #55 but #56 was quite and enjoyable read.

I also didn't know what Overdrive looked like and that Carlie recovered from Goblin Nation.

Nitpicks: OG Juggernaut.

Also don't give a book a bad review cuz you didn't get what you wanted, please.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

I get the impression that Harry pulled all of this as part of a gambit to stop being Kindred. How Peter and possibly Norman learning/ remembering the truth of OMD will save Harry, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wasn't a fan of Last Remains' conclusion in #55 but #56 was quite and enjoyable read.

I also didn't know what Overdrive looked like and that Carlie recovered from Goblin Nation.

Nitpicks: OG Juggernaut.

Also don't give a book a bad review cuz you didn't get what you wanted, please.
    Carlie been around since the beginning of the run introducing Mj to the support group
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I hope not. Why? Too many deals. Do not forget about Miles and Otto making deals. The deal is bad enough we do not need it becoming a joke like clones.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I hope not. Why? Too many deals. Do not forget about Miles and Otto making deals. The deal is bad enough we do not need it becoming a joke like clones.
    You see, if Marvel has everyone make deals with Mephisto, it makes Peter stand out less for making one. See, everyone else made a deal, so it's not so bad right?