Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 91
  1. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    You see, if Marvel has everyone make deals with Mephisto, it makes Peter stand out less for making one. See, everyone else made a deal, so it's not so bad right?
    Isn't that kind of Mesphisto's thing though? He made a deal with Johnny Blaze long before Peter Parker...

  2. #77
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Mercury View Post
    Isn't that kind of Mesphisto's thing though? He made a deal with Johnny Blaze long before Peter Parker...
    Yeah it's Mephisto's thing, but not Peter Parker's thing.... until it was

  3. #78
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Carlie been around since the beginning of the run introducing Mj to the support group
    Yeah, I probably missed it due to sticking to X-Men when Dan Slott left first took over. She didn't show up in the random issues I have.
    I know Gage used Anna Marconi in his Superior.
    "Cable was right!"

  4. #79
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Yeah it's Mephisto's thing, but not Peter Parker's thing.... until it was
    Mephisto is supposed to be the Devil itself, and the Devil only appears to those who are in their weakest moment. With Peter running away from Police, Aunt May dying for a bullet, every "super-friend" giving him the back, and completely despaired about what he will do if Aunt May dies by his fault just like Uncle Ben did.... Well, I think Mephisto smelled a prey and he went for it.

  5. #80
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Another issue and still no clear answers about this whole mess. I have a few comments to say:

    1) I'm sick of Harry blaming Peter for the suffering of his friends, like he's one to talk. It was really despicable what he did with Peter's "robo-parents". And he had no point about Peter not telling Harry about Norman to look for help and avoid the Goblin's crimes as if they were caused by Peter. Most people seems to forget that, back then, Harry workshipped his father in a very sick way; even although he treated him like trash and never appreciated anything his son did. So, even if Peter had told Harry, Harry would surely have instead helped his father to keep his crimes. We had proofs of that in two ocassions:
    - In "Life Story", Peter denounced Norman after he lost his memories (inspired by Captain America), so he was unmasked and incarcelated. Still, that didn't stop Norman to keep torturing Peter and his family in sick ways. Different ways, maybe, but the resuls were almost the same.
    - In that story when Peter, Jameson and Teresa went back in time, Peter unmasked Norman in the past and he was arrested. And when they returned to the present, things got worst, and Norman had control over the USA (like in Dark Reign) with Harry as a puppet president.

    2) So, the extracted sins returned to the villains and they are back to his old selves? I have to say, that's not a surprise, as that is how the universe restores its balance. However, what worries me the most is the fact that Morlun recovered his powers and he's still on the loose. Seriously, how is it possible Peter left this loose end after Spidergeddon? This is going to bite back in a very catastrophical way, you can bet on it.

    3) There's another problem here. The sins returned to the ones who commited them, except for two cases, Martin Lee and Norman Osborn. In the next comics, we are going to see the effects on Martin Lee; although I don't understand how can Mister Negative exist as an individual now. Harry removed the Goblin to make Norman suffer, but if that's the case, then where is the Green Goblin now? It exists as an independent creature like Mr Negative now? Boy, this is definitely going to be another big problem for Spider-Man in the near future.

    4) So, contrarily to what I suspected, Norman Osborn is actually really purified? Well, I have to say, after so many years playing "Mouse and Cat", this is a refreshing change. It was getting really old, just like Jameson's case. But the question here is... HOW LONG THIS WILL LAST? And like I said, if Harry removed the Goblin from Norman, then where is the Goblin now? Even if Norman turns an ally for Spidey, the Goblin is possibly coming more dangerous than ever. And by the way, I have to say, by my soul that I don't know which is worst: An evil Norman who facades as a hero (Dark Reign) or a good Norman who facades as a villain.

    5) Finally, the abrupt appearance in the last panel of Spider-Man was quite out of character, but I think it actually represent us all Spider-Fans, who wants clear answers about what this mess is all about, once and for all. I'm going to say that, while Norman was keeping Kindred imprisioned, Peter was trying to find answers on his own; which made him finally understand this whole. Well, next issue better give us clear answers once and for all, or I'm going to smash something.

  6. #81
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

    5) Finally, the abrupt appearance in the last panel of Spider-Man was quite out of character, but I think it actually represent us all Spider-Fans, who wants clear answers about what this mess is all about, once and for all. I'm going to say that, while Norman was keeping Kindred imprisioned, Peter was trying to find answers on his own; which made him finally understand this whole. Well, next issue better give us clear answers once and for all, or I'm going to smash something.
    My guess is Peter is acting that way to help Norman maintain his cover of still being Norman, while they try to get Harry away from the Kingpin's clutches so they can try to "fix" him.

  7. #82
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    My guess is Peter is acting that way to help Norman maintain his cover of still being Norman, while they try to get Harry away from the Kingpin's clutches so they can try to "fix" him.
    I don't think that's so simple. In fact, I have another suspiction. I believe Peter would go to check Harry's wife and kids to see if they are all right, only to discover than... Harry is with them?!! Suspecting this is another mess about clones, Spider-Man enrages to the ultimate level and goes to confront Norman.

  8. #83
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,825

    Default

    I wasn’t expecting OMD to get undone, but I was hoping for Peter to become aware that he and MJ were married and that Peter ruined that. I’m hoping something happens next issue because so far it was just a bunch of blueballing.

    Still love Spencer’s voices for the cast and am enjoying the book, so I’ll probably stick with this to the bitter end, even if his entire run ends up being one giant tease.

  9. #84
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wasn’t expecting OMD to get undone, but I was hoping for Peter to become aware that he and MJ were married and that Peter ruined that. I’m hoping something happens next issue because so far it was just a bunch of blueballing.

    Still love Spencer’s voices for the cast and am enjoying the book, so I’ll probably stick with this to the bitter end, even if his entire run ends up being one giant tease.
    Hey, if you want someone to blame for OMD, blame the writers. There could have been seceral ways to save the marriage without changing too much of Marvel's history and not revelation of secret identity.

    Anyway, I want to believe that OMD is in fact in its way to be undone, either for issue #900 or #1000.

  10. #85
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Hey, if you want someone to blame for OMD, blame the writers. There could have been seceral ways to save the marriage without changing too much of Marvel's history and not revelation of secret identity.

    Anyway, I want to believe that OMD is in fact in its way to be undone, either for issue #900 or #1000.
    Oh I do believe me, JMS and Quesada (especially Quesada) but you can’t exactly excuse the act in-universe by editorial interference sadly. Pete has to carry that L.

  11. #86
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wasn’t expecting OMD to get undone, but I was hoping for Peter to become aware that he and MJ were married and that Peter ruined that. I’m hoping something happens next issue because so far it was just a bunch of blueballing.

    Still love Spencer’s voices for the cast and am enjoying the book, so I’ll probably stick with this to the bitter end, even if his entire run ends up being one giant tease.
    Probably has to find out she filmed a movie with Mysterio first.

  12. #87
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Would working with Mysterio even be that big of a deal? Spidey got Beck to work with him back in Ends of the Earth by offering to finance a movie for him.

  13. #88
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Would working with Mysterio even be that big of a deal? Spidey got Beck to work with him back in Ends of the Earth by offering to finance a movie for him.
    Well, the lack of it being above-board and Peter still probably not trusting Mysterio as far as he can throw him might be dealbreakers.

  14. #89
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    After reading 56,i think no I know Spencer is killing it.I know it has something with OMD and BND.and martin li.Martin was in the begging of BND.I think Kindred is trying to stop all that happened in BND.Also Kindred and Martin because thay were in BND ,I think somehow Kindred and Martin Escaped BND somehow and Rememberd what happened there, and now angry at spider-man for it. The last page that was spider-man in the 616. I think BND is a different reality than 616.But it was really Mary Jane that spoke to the devil,I guess Strange and Kingpin and Martin was there because they were in BND And that's why Osborn told kindred that he was a fake.

  15. #90
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    After reading 56,i think no I know Spencer is killing it.I know it has something with OMD and BND.and martin li.Martin was in the begging of BND.I think Kindred is trying to stop all that happened in BND.Also Kindred and Martin because thay were in BND ,I think somehow Kindred and Martin Escaped BND somehow and Rememberd what happened there, and now angry at spider-man for it. The last page that was spider-man in the 616. I think BND is a different reality than 616.But it was really Mary Jane that spoke to the devil,I guess Strange and Kingpin and Martin was there because they were in BND And that's why Osborn told kindred that he was a fake.
    I think you're reaching when you say "different reality".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •