Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    With the larger page count, it sounds like Lois & Jimmy will be getting a regularly occurring back-up feature. Anyone know who's writing it and whether or not they'll do right by both?

I mean, Rucka's title was a dud, but Fraction & Leiber's Jimmy Olsen will be a tough act to follow.
    Is it confirmed Jimmy and Lois are the leads? I know Jimmy gets a story but otherwise it was just nebulously "world of Metropolis" and we got a Bibbo name-drop, but no mention of Lois. At least in the early information about the upcoming era.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Is it confirmed Jimmy and Lois are the leads? I know Jimmy gets a story but otherwise it was just nebulously "world of Metropolis" and we got a Bibbo name-drop, but no mention of Lois. At least in the early information about the upcoming era.
    If it's anything like the future state superman of metropolis book.They would be.I loved the anthology structure.Ofcourse,those would revolve around the main plot.Superman generally thrives with newspaper strip kind of pacing with great action,adventure,mystery,scifi,politics..etc.So him need pages and pages of explanation always kills the character.So,superman doesn't really need whole lot panel space.Combining that with a anthology structure and having it be part of shared universe to boot.It's really cool and unique.Like i said,it definitly feels like one piece.I still wish they would bring back the old action comics gang or atleast their legacies.Having vigilante or tex thompson or zatara dealing with superman's stuff or his own would be cool
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-14-2021 at 03:09 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I have no idea how Lois & Jimmy centric it'll be, but they'd be fools to not focus on the most popular Daily Planet staffers.

Although I would love to see Ronald Troupe to get something meaty to do. Bendis did absolutely nothing with him, nor has anyone else in decades

There's actually been no confirmation that Lois will be featured in any of the backups at all which is kind of cagey to me. When asked about Lois he's only given his canned answer about the scope of his plans not fitting Earthbound characters and then generally talking about the backups featuring Metropolis and the "Daily Planet crew" with specific mention of Jimmy and Bibbo. So it's an assumption that's kind of been taken as a fact.

The closest thing to a confirmed role for Lois post-Future State is the fact that Bendis has confirmed that Checkmate will be going forward and that she was one of the leads there originally.

On a lighter note, I've been hunting Lois Lane custom action figures lately and found this one which actually looks pretty legit and fits well with the new McFarlane Superman figures.

Last edited by Yoda; 01-14-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Incredible Member

Yep, so far for 2021, the only roles of relevance we can expect for Lois are in Superman vs Imperius Lex and Checkmate. The first of which sounds great and the second of which could be good or terrible (because Bendis). Some people are expecting her to appear on the back-ups to PKJ's run, but that isn't confirmed. It's just Jimmy and Bibbo and Midnighter so far.

Also, regarding the back-ups, Sean Lewis is going to be writing the one centered on Jimmy exploring Metropolis (and meeting Bibbo) in Superman, while Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad are going to be writing the one centered on Midnighter in Action Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Yep, so far for 2021, the only roles of relevance we can expect for Lois are in Superman vs Imperius Lex and Checkmate. The first of which sounds great and the second of which could be good or terrible (because Bendis). Some people are expecting her to appear on the back-ups to PKJ's run, but that isn't confirmed. It's just Jimmy and Bibbo and Midnighter so far.

Also, regarding the back-ups, Sean Lewis is going to be writing the one centered on Jimmy exploring Metropolis (and meeting Bibbo) in Superman, while Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad are going to be writing the one centered on Midnighter in Action Comics.
    Superman vs. Imperius Lex does sound awesome. I think Checkmate could actually be pretty great as well. Bendis' writing for Lois was at it's peak during the buildup to Event Leviathan and in that serious itself. I've said this a lot, but it really reminded me of a continuation of Erica Durrance's Lois from Smallville.

Yeah, I'm kind of worried about her status in the main books, but hopefully Lois is still a major player somewhere in 2021.

Also love that figure! Kind of reminds me of Bitsie Tulloch's Lois...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of worried about her status in the main books, but hopefully Lois is still a major player somewhere in 2021.

Also love that figure! Kind of reminds me of Bitsie Tulloch's Lois...
    Thanks! It reminded me of Tulloch as well. I'm hoping we get an official Lois figure out of the Superman and Lois merch.

Lois is going to be "front and center" in Checkmate. So at least we know we'll be getting something with her soon.

2A50D616-8463-40DD-BA6E-1706FF838B2B.jpg

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Lois is going to be "front and center" in Checkmate. So at least we know we'll be getting something with her soon.

At least Bendis didn't forget she exists.

At least Bendis didn't forget she exists.
    Yup. I'm sure it's typical Bendis hyperbole but it'll be interesting to see what happens to her. I wonder if it will be UP connected or what.

Bendis is going to Bendis. *yawn*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Bendis has done some pretty good stuff with Lois. He's also done some pretty bad stuff. I'm cautiously optimistic this'll be the former. And yeah, unless it's the "Lois becomes representative of Earth in the UP" that is in Superman vs Imperius Lex, I doubt it'll qualify as "one of the biggest things that will ever happen to [her]".

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I really hope this gets solicted next month finally..