Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Screenshot_20210129-220840_Twitter.jpg

LOIS LANE is nominated for Outstanding Comic Book at the Glaad Awards!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Screenshot_20210129-220840_Twitter.jpg

LOIS LANE is nominated for Outstanding Comic Book at the Glaad Awards!
    It gets the award nomination because it ended up being a vehicle for the Question. Yes, I'm still salty.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It gets the award nomination because it ended up being a vehicle for the Question. Yes, I'm still salty.
    You may be salty, but you're not wrong.

Astonishing Member

Me too. Her book was blatantly high jacked and I can't be happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    You may be salty, but you're not wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Me too. Her book was blatantly high jacked and I can't be happy about that.
    All true.

But on the flip side, it raises the profile of the series which is not a bad thing even given the poor way Rucka handled the back half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    All true.

But on the flip side, it raises the profile of the series which is not a bad thing even given the poor way Rucka handled the back half of it.
    I think it does, actually, because it kind of adds evidence to the claims that Lois is a boring character that can't be the lead of a story. If you take Superman out of the equation, even the lesser-known Question is a more interesting lead and the book about a reporter instead becomes about Question's love life.

Rucka's become persona non grata on Lois Lane with this reader. I understand he has his darlings, his pet characters, but he was tasked with telling a Lois Lane story and she instead became The Question's signal booster. What a joke.

BANNED

I think it does, actually, because it kind of adds evidence to the claims that Lois is a boring character that can't be the lead of a story. If you take Superman out of the equation, even the lesser-known Question is a more interesting lead and the book about a reporter instead becomes about Question's love life.

Rucka's become persona non grata on Lois Lane with this reader. I understand he has his darlings, his pet characters, but he was tasked with telling a Lois Lane story and she instead became The Question's signal booster. What a joke.
    The weird part is that I’ve had many conversations over the years with Greg about Lois specifically and he absolutely loves her. And when you talk with him about her, it’s clear he understands her completely in a way so many men struggle to.

Which makes what happened here all the more bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    The weird part is that I’ve had many conversations over the years with Greg about Lois specifically and he absolutely loves her. And when you talk with him about her, it’s clear he understands her completely in a way so many men struggle to.

Which makes what happened here all the more bizarre.
    He has stated he'll always come back too write Renee, Kate and Diana and I think he saw Lois (an investigative reporter) as a way to bring Renee in and he simply likes her more. Renee is also a pet character of his (and all writers have them) so he just indulged himself since it's unlikely he'd get to write The Question for a while. I get it. I don't like it, but I get it.

I know he can write a great Lois, but it's like if I got hired to write Blue Beetle and I kept working Superman in the book. You can't have the protagonist become a guest star in their title and Rucka let that happen.

We were all excited. He was THE pick in everyone's mind. This just reminds me that strong editors are what make these trains reach the right station. Someone needed to remind him this is Lois Lane's book.

Breaks my heart because Lois Lane can absolutely carry her own book if they'd let her and an accomplished crime fiction writer is a no brainier. Alas, here we are. At least Jimmy Olsen was incredible.
    Last edited by Robanker; 02-09-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

When I asked DC for The Question to be collected this was not what I had in mind!
    Is that Detective Chimp's paw? I really need to get this collection and Rucka's Lois series and Deaths of Vic Sage sooner than planned. Who needs to eat or pay rent when you can just get immersed in a comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Is that Detective Chimp's paw? I really need to get this collection and Rucka's Lois series and Deaths of Vic Sage sooner than planned. Who needs to eat or pay rent when you can just get immersed in a comic book.
    Bobo noooooo!

DC Universe infinitie can give you all those for $8 a month. Yeah, you don't get them in your shelf/longbox but it's the most cost effective way to read them and you can pick up physicals of what you like when it's more financially responsible to do so.

Screenshot_20210215-231632_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210215-231712_Facebook.jpg

Jon keeps his mother's costumes in the Fortress of Solitude. And Lois was a Superwoman on main earth?