Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    There is the radical possibility that this new brother is a trans Lucy. I don’t know why Bendis would go out of his way to erase a minor character who’s not doing anything problematic (she hasn’t been seen since 2014 afaik) but has a history going back to 1959 at least if you don’t count Susie Thompson’s mother who didn’t get named Lucille until years later).
    It is in the field of possibilities, but it is to much creative for Bendis to thought about it. I think the guy never cared about the characters in Superman comics beyond any other casual reader.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Who's the version on the right? I recognize the Gods and Monsters and DCAU versions, but not her.
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Who's the version on the right? I recognize the Gods and Monsters and DCAU versions, but not her.
    Doomsday movie
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Short-haired Lois will never not look off to me.

Incredible Member

Yes, I quite agree. It is like imagining Clark wearing contact lenses.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Bobbled look would work for her I would think. More like her look when she was first created. It's too, flat on her.

I'd like to see just some bits that show Lois has a social set outside of Clark's social set (other heroes and their SOs). I know she's not a title character, but I'd like just a casual reference here or there to Lois having civilian friends, going out drinking with those friends, a couple where Lois is the primary connection on a double date with Clark and Lois, that sort of thing. Frankly, I'd like to see more of Lois with Lucy (not all the time, just to say they are friends as well as sisters), but that's a no-go these days. Never liked Lucy as either pathetic or evil.

I do vacillate between the idea of Lois as the big success from an "ordinary" family and Lois and her father having strong character traits in common, but also in opposition (I don't care for the more evil version of Sam, but do like the idea of a conflict over their opinions of Superman's trustworthiness, back when Clark has a secret identity). Her poor mom has never really gotten any fleshing out as a character in the mainstream comics, as far as I know. And that's a place where I feel like the the more forceful, Lois-like Sam can be a problem - it's still (and has been for a while) a repetition of how fathers matter so much more than mothers for characters, and that's something that bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'd like to see just some bits that show Lois has a social set outside of Clark's social set (other heroes and their SOs). I know she's not a title character, but I'd like just a casual reference here or there to Lois having civilian friends, going out drinking with those friends, a couple where Lois is the primary connection on a double date with Clark and Lois, that sort of thing. Frankly, I'd like to see more of Lois with Lucy (not all the time, just to say they are friends as well as sisters), but that's a no-go these days. Never liked Lucy as either pathetic or evil.
    There was at least an attempt with Jackee Winters back in the Johns' New 52 short run, but then her already barely existing role was completely erased when Bendis' run started.

I think the general problem goes back to DC stuggles in providing agency and page space for Lois since the New 52. When she's not sidelined, she's pretty much confined in the newest non classic status quo, be it in the Hamilton county or living away from Metropolis (Renee Montoya is nice and all, but absolutely doesn't work in service of Lois' character).

Her poor mom has never really gotten any fleshing out as a character in the mainstream comics, as far as I know. And that's a place where I feel like the the more forceful, Lois-like Sam can be a problem - it's still (and has been for a while) a repetition of how fathers matter so much more than mothers for characters, and that's something that bugs me.
    Ella Lane died when Lois was young, per Secret Origins (aka the current direction for overall Superman history). She had a bigger role though back when she was alive, but I fear it was always much less engaging than the Lois/Sam conflict.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

The Fleischer Lois Lane is absolutely beautiful. There's a reason Fleischer cartoons pretty much inspired anime.

I also like her dressed as a doll in the STAS episode "Fun and Games." She looks so pretty there. I know Toyman's a creep, but maybe Lois Lane can wear that in my DC universe with a new backstory that it's just one of Lana Lang's fashions.

The Filmation version is pretty nice too, even though the animation is pretty cheap. Super Friends/Ruby-Spears version looks nice, too.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Screenshot_20210817-164118_Instagram.jpg

Happy Birthday, Lois Lane!
    I wasn't aware today was her birthday.
    Assassinate Putin!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Screenshot_20210817-164118_Instagram.jpg

Happy Birthday, Lois Lane!
    Happy Bday Lois Lane , you're special woman

Screenshot_20210918-015602_Opera.jpg