Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Sensational Wonder Woman [Spoilers]

The new digital first series started up today, taking over from Agent of Peace, so thought'd I make a thread for those who read it.

Thought this was a bit underwhelming for a first issue. The art was nice but felt more like prologue/setup for the second issue next week.

Seems good, but Milk Wars did this plot better.

It's strange going from AoP to this. Even though I have read other digital firsts that followed the same 3 part style as sensational does this one somehow felt extremely short. Maybe because three pages were already "spoiled".

I like the art so far, most of all the colours. There are a lot of vibrant colours in DC comics right now and I love it.

Huh, I thought digital firsts always come in three parts. Seems as if I was wrong.

I expected more. Compared to Truth & Justice, Sensational's falls short atm. Still, I'm going to give this another chance. The next one involves Artemis.

Yes, these two issues felt like they could have been one. It was alright I guess.

This issue was better than the first two imo, though like the first one felt a bit short honestly.

Art was pretty good, shame Redondo seems to do most of his work with Taylor.

I also liked this one more than the first two, and am actually excited to see how the story concludes. It felt a lot more balanced and the art was more consistent. The colors were awesome too. I wonder if it was intentional to release Superman: Worlds of War and this story in the same week. I can't remember hearing about Warworld(s) as much before.

At this point, I'm used to digital firsts being this short but considering DC will continue to release two-parters instead of three-parters I might just start getting the series every two weeks.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I like the art in the last chapter. I wouldn't mind Redondo drawing the main WW book. But no Taylor at writing please.

As much as I like Artemis as a character, I can never buy into the rivalry from a physical stand point. I mean its like asking who would win in a fight between Thor and Captain America, one is a super human the other is a god. That said, given the number of pages allowed and the fact that this is a 2 issue story it wasn't that bad. Its a nice premise with a cool twist and we haven't really seen Diana interact with Mongol/war world solo before. So all in all I'm game to find out what happens.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    As much as I like Artemis as a character, I can never buy into the rivalry from a physical stand point. I mean its like asking who would win in a fight between Thor and Captain America, one is a super human the other is a god. That said, given the number of pages allowed and the fact that this is a 2 issue story it wasn't that bad. Its a nice premise with a cool twist and we haven't really seen Diana interact with Mongol/war world solo before. So all in all I'm game to find out what happens.
    Yeah, I kind of forget most of the time Artemis doesn't actually have any powers, or at least powers on Diana's scale.
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-20-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I kind of forget most of the time Artemis doesn't actually have any powers, or at least powers on Diana's scale.
    In my head the spell that gives Artemis half of Diana's powers is still in effect whenever they're in close proximity.

I'm waiting until the next issue for the other shoe to drop, there has to be a catch somewhere explaining Artemis' actions. They're sisters and frenemies that enjoy a rivalry, they don't really hate each other. Artemis wouldn't go so far without a sound reason, beyond jealousy.

Mostly an exposition issue today explaining Artemis' actions from the last one but overall wasn't bad, some good interaction between them at least near the end.

I highly enjoyed it, cool story! Wonder Woman vs. Artemis vs. Mongul on Warworld with great art was just what the doctor ordered. I love Amazons in space!

Huh, so Myndi Mayer made a return appearance today, think this is her first appearance alive since she she died back in the 80s. More on the comedic fangirl side.

Oh, it's already out. I enjoyed it a lot. Especially the "1st person smartphone layout". That's a cool approach. Myndi Mayer seems like a good character to bring back, I didn't know she existed.